R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #271
Tech Addict
 
Akudou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: KL
Posts: 749
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Thank you

Very much appreciate it. Thank you very much. Does the 105T spur fit on the ver 2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slakr View Post
53724 - Tamiya TB Evo IV 46mm Swing Shaft (Lightweight)
51092 - Tamiya 46mm SWING For TB Evo.IV/TRF415MS
53919 - Tamiya TA05 Alu. Differential Joint Set
49425 - Tamiya TA05 Aluminum Diff Joint (Blue)
42102 - Tamiya TRF Special Damper Set (Hard BK)
54095 - Tamiya TB-03 Racing Steering Set
53877 - Tamiya TA05 Front Direct Coupling
54023 - Tamiya 37T One-Way Pulley
54083 - Tamiya Short Reversible Suspension Set
53883 - Tamiya TA05 Carbon Steering Plate (w/bearing & hardware)
Akudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 01:51 AM   #272
Tech Elite
 
tom_chang79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,591
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greymachine View Post
You might already know this, but a new V2 kit is coming out, the Corolla Axio.

Thanks greymachine. Yeah, someone mentioned it to me a while ago.

Ugh though... VERY VERY Ugh. What the heck is Tamiya thinking with the TA05 V2 kits?

It has IFS-style shocks and they put these uggo bodies... The Cusco isn't too bad, I actually do like the Imprezzas somewhat. But Corolla?

I was hoping for a NSX body or something else that takes advantage of these IFS in-board shocks...

Maybe I'll go for the Cusco afterall.

Even though it's not accurate, the body that I REALLY want is either the PIAA Honda Accord or the JACCS Honda Accord body set that came with the FF01 chassis way back when. Those are so hard to find...

I hate 1998+ Honda Accord bodies, I need a 1996 to 1997 Honda Accord Bodies. Does anyone know where I can get an unpainted PIAA Honda Accord or JACCS Honda Accord body? I found one on eBay, but the sellers are just insane, $170 for a body!

__________________
RIP TAP RC
tom_chang79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:46 AM   #273
Tech Initiate
 
Moole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 28
Default different

hey

whats the different between the ta05 ifs and the ta05v.2??

thanks
__________________
Traxxas Slash - Mamba Max 5700
Tamiya F103 RM - Yeah Racing Brushless
Moole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:03 AM   #274
bl4
Tech Regular
 
bl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 441
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Is the kit come with short rev sus arm? For universal shaft 44 or 46mm swing shafts is recommend.
bl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 04:38 AM   #275
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 422
Default

+short rev suspension
+37t and 18t pulleys
+narrower chassi
+new motormount and layshaft
+new steering
+new arm mounts
Hatebreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:22 AM   #276
Tech Master
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

can you use the new steering for the old version of IFS?
__________________
every impulse that we strive to strangle broods in the mind, and poison us...action is a mode of purification... the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.
cheehtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 12:27 PM   #277
Tech Initiate
 
greymachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 37
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_chang79 View Post
Thanks greymachine. Yeah, someone mentioned it to me a while ago.

Ugh though... VERY VERY Ugh. What the heck is Tamiya thinking with the TA05 V2 kits?

It has IFS-style shocks and they put these uggo bodies... The Cusco isn't too bad, I actually do like the Imprezzas somewhat. But Corolla?

I was hoping for a NSX body or something else that takes advantage of these IFS in-board shocks...

Maybe I'll go for the Cusco afterall.

Even though it's not accurate, the body that I REALLY want is either the PIAA Honda Accord or the JACCS Honda Accord body set that came with the FF01 chassis way back when. Those are so hard to find...

I hate 1998+ Honda Accord bodies, I need a 1996 to 1997 Honda Accord Bodies. Does anyone know where I can get an unpainted PIAA Honda Accord or JACCS Honda Accord body? I found one on eBay, but the sellers are just insane, $170 for a body!

Yeah I agree on the Corolla body, that's not the prettiest thing Tamiya's churned out. And it's not the most significant race car either... But I guess I appreciate that they release these oddball cars once in a while, it keeps things interesting.

I dig the Cusco Subaru though. I think it looks badass and it handles really well, stock wing and all. And I haven't even attached the dive planes, which would provide a bit more steering.

If you want a nice old school Tamiya sedan body, I have an unpainted Audi A4 STW that I could sell you (for a lot less than $170).

greymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:11 PM   #278
Super Moderator
 
Grizzbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sand Springs, OK
Posts: 2,990
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_chang79 View Post
Thanks greymachine. Yeah, someone mentioned it to me a while ago.

Ugh though... VERY VERY Ugh. What the heck is Tamiya thinking with the TA05 V2 kits?

It has IFS-style shocks and they put these uggo bodies... The Cusco isn't too bad, I actually do like the Imprezzas somewhat. But Corolla?

I was hoping for a NSX body or something else that takes advantage of these IFS in-board shocks...

Maybe I'll go for the Cusco afterall.

Even though it's not accurate, the body that I REALLY want is either the PIAA Honda Accord or the JACCS Honda Accord body set that came with the FF01 chassis way back when. Those are so hard to find...

I hate 1998+ Honda Accord bodies, I need a 1996 to 1997 Honda Accord Bodies. Does anyone know where I can get an unpainted PIAA Honda Accord or JACCS Honda Accord body? I found one on eBay, but the sellers are just insane, $170 for a body!

NSX, huh? You mean like this?
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58424
That body will fit any IFS car....
__________________
Bob Seay
Tamiya TRF417, TA05v.2, TRF211XM, M-05ver.2R, XRAY X12
Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:48 PM   #279
Tech Addict
 
Akudou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: KL
Posts: 749
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I have a problem with my K parts which is the K12, the one which you have to screw tight to hold the shaft that holds the spur unit, i cant seem to lock it down and its loose. Anyone knows where i can get the spares?
Akudou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:58 PM   #280
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,357
Default

Damn, I actually like the Corolla body! I guess I'm the only one. And I hate Toyota's!!
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #281
Tech Elite
 
tom_chang79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,591
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzbob View Post
NSX, huh? You mean like this?
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58424
That body will fit any IFS car....
Yup. But the thing is, I wish there was a TA05v2 kit with that body!

But now that I keep looking at the Subie Cusco body, it's starting to grow on me. It is an elegant body.

The chassis underneath it is more elegant!

Does the TA05v2 come with a slipper? Do you need to add one if it doesn't?
__________________
RIP TAP RC
tom_chang79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #282
Tech Elite
 
JimmyMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: NC
Posts: 4,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_chang79 View Post
Yup. But the thing is, I wish there was a TA05v2 kit with that body!

But now that I keep looking at the Subie Cusco body, it's starting to grow on me. It is an elegant body.

The chassis underneath it is more elegant!

Does the TA05v2 come with a slipper? Do you need to add one if it doesn't?
A slipper? You mean like offroad cars? Most, if not all, touring cars do not come with slippers. Main reason is that they are illegal (or against the rules) if you race. However, if you are just bashing, then rules don't matter. I don't even know if they make one for the car.
__________________
M.J. McIntyre

R1Wurks
Yokomo YRX12
Ho-B Max
JimmyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:07 PM   #283
Tech Elite
 
tom_chang79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,591
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default



I am such a newb when it comes to on-road and touring... The last time i did on-road was when the RC10LSS was considered new...

Why aren't slipper clutches used in on-road? Is it because you don't get a sudden shock from the wheels suddenly hitting the surface (like during a landing in off-road)? Why would slippers be illegal?
__________________
RIP TAP RC
tom_chang79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:10 PM   #284
Super Moderator
 
Grizzbob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Sand Springs, OK
Posts: 2,990
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyMac View Post
Damn, I actually like the Corolla body! I guess I'm the only one. And I hate Toyota's!!
No, you're NOT the only one, I'm seriously thinking about getting that body if I can find it seperately for the next TCS season(I think I'm gonna use the Subie on my 416 & the Xanavi Nismo GTR will likely be saved for concours competition)....
__________________
Bob Seay
Tamiya TRF417, TA05v.2, TRF211XM, M-05ver.2R, XRAY X12
Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:47 PM   #285
Tech Elite
 
tom_chang79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 2,591
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzbob View Post
No, you're NOT the only one, I'm seriously thinking about getting that body if I can find it seperately for the next TCS season(I think I'm gonna use the Subie on my 416 & the Xanavi Nismo GTR will likely be saved for concours competition)....
Grizzbob, if you can wait for it to come out, maybe I'll get the Corolla TA05v2 kit and you can buy the body off me...
__________________
RIP TAP RC
tom_chang79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric Touring / On-Road RC Screaming Wind Manila Racers 32165 10-24-2016 10:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:45 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0