R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-07-2015, 04:14 PM   #2596
Tech Elite
 
SagadSetup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hilagang-Silangan, Estados Unidos
Posts: 2,918
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
that looks just like mine - minus the aluminum motor brace thing and the rear bulkhead

I got mine used and it was the V2R chassis, so it came with a good bit of hop-ups...i've slowly added the steering parts, the front IFS bulkhead, the rocker arms...gear diffs front and rear (1M up front and 1k in the rear)

its a great car - i would have used it for VTA (as Gizzbob said), but i couldn't find a gearing combo that allowed me to run low enough FDR for vta here..
Yes it is a great car. I finally got mine redone with ALL the Tamiya brand hop-ups. I didn't miss anything I think. Including the carbon reinforced chassis. I ordered parts from all over the world.

With the time and money I spent here, I could have easily gotten a modern touring car.

I will be using the IFS bodies of course like the Axio and HSV. Bodies will be box art.

This build is for self fulfillment. This car feeds my soul...

Some pics for you...

Note: There is an RCTECH member who has NIP rear bulkheads for sale.
Attached Thumbnails
TA-05 ver.2-20151007_183352.jpg   TA-05 ver.2-20151007_183430.jpg   TA-05 ver.2-20151007_183504.jpg  
__________________
Are you right where you're supposed to be?
Think. Learn. Play. Plan. For soon you'll become.
SagadSetup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:52 AM   #2597
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 613
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Very nice build. I like. I have never been disapointed by the handling of these tamiya cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagadSetup View Post
Yes it is a great car. I finally got mine redone with ALL the Tamiya brand hop-ups. I didn't miss anything I think. Including the carbon reinforced chassis. I ordered parts from all over the world.

With the time and money I spent here, I could have easily gotten a modern touring car.

I will be using the IFS bodies of course like the Axio and HSV. Bodies will be box art.

This build is for self fulfillment. This car feeds my soul...

Some pics for you...

Note: There is an RCTECH member who has NIP rear bulkheads for sale.
v_squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:01 AM   #2598
Tech Elite
 
SagadSetup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hilagang-Silangan, Estados Unidos
Posts: 2,918
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_squared View Post
Very nice build. I like. I have never been disapointed by the handling of these tamiya cars.
Thank you for the compliment.

I will be making this car TCS Japan legal. Just for the sake of building one.
__________________
Are you right where you're supposed to be?
Think. Learn. Play. Plan. For soon you'll become.
SagadSetup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:08 AM   #2599
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,985
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagadSetup View Post
Yes it is a great car. I finally got mine redone with ALL the Tamiya brand hop-ups. I didn't miss anything I think. Including the carbon reinforced chassis. I ordered parts from all over the world.

With the time and money I spent here, I could have easily gotten a modern touring car.

I will be using the IFS bodies of course like the Axio and HSV. Bodies will be box art.

This build is for self fulfillment. This car feeds my soul...

Some pics for you...

Note: There is an RCTECH member who has NIP rear bulkheads for sale.
if you could, can you PM me the guy selling the bulkhead?

I like the Axio body, ran it on my TT01 and its a good body... the last time I ran mine (and will continue, until i get something else), I ran the GTR body... felt really good, even with the plastic 'pretty' wing (not the racing wing. I've since got my hands on one of the racing wings and that's on the body - so hopefully the next time a TCS event is near me, it'll be good

here are a copy shots of mine - during the 2014 Southern Nationals, i ran it USGT and before I got the aluminum rocker arms




and in its concourse-only body

__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:21 AM   #2600
Tech Elite
 
SagadSetup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hilagang-Silangan, Estados Unidos
Posts: 2,918
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
if you could, can you PM me the guy selling the bulkhead?

I like the Axio body, ran it on my TT01 and its a good body... the last time I ran mine (and will continue, until i get something else), I ran the GTR body... felt really good, even with the plastic 'pretty' wing (not the racing wing. I've since got my hands on one of the racing wings and that's on the body - so hopefully the next time a TCS event is near me, it'll be good

here are a copy shots of mine - during the 2014 Southern Nationals, i ran it USGT and before I got the aluminum rocker arms




and in its concourse-only body

I like the wheels. It's the orig TA05R.

What bumper is that?

PM sent.
__________________
Are you right where you're supposed to be?
Think. Learn. Play. Plan. For soon you'll become.
SagadSetup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:27 AM   #2601
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,985
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagadSetup View Post
I like the wheels. It's the orig TA05R
yeah... i love those wheels - would love to find a way to get another set

like I said, I got lucky and scored a barely used V2r kit... just had to replace all the screws (original owners used blue AE screws, and not the metric AE stuff ) and rebuild the whole thing

mine's not quite 100% TCS Japan legal - have some non-tamiya titantium screws in the bottom, but other than them, its all 100% Tamiya parts

i even found a way to better fit a cooling fan (thanks to some leftover axial parts ) so now its even more ready...

maybe this weekend, i'll snap some newer naked pics of the chassis!
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:35 AM   #2602
Tech Elite
 
SagadSetup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Hilagang-Silangan, Estados Unidos
Posts: 2,918
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Yes please do post pics here!

I am glad that after all these years, there are some of us who still like the TA05.

The equal belt design is what I really like about it plus the abundance of parts.

Many options in building too. Budget build, 3racing build, Ultimate build, etc.

I tried looking at the TA06 but can't find myself to buy one.

Maybe the TA07?
__________________
Are you right where you're supposed to be?
Think. Learn. Play. Plan. For soon you'll become.
SagadSetup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:00 AM   #2603
Tech Master
 
KA2AEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tottenville, NYC
Posts: 1,684
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

How many of you that actively race in the TCS or race at your local tracks use the rear stabilizer kit???
__________________
Hauler Driver, Liason, Lead Mechanic, Crew Chief, Procurement Specialist,
Conflict Resolution Specialist, Pychologist, Therapist All for Team Golddust Racing
Oh and By The Way
NBCsn and FxSports cable is growing on me too!
KA2AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 01:13 PM   #2604
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,985
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA2AEV View Post
How many of you that actively race in the TCS or race at your local tracks use the rear stabilizer kit???
i have never run a rear stabilizer on any of my cars - tamiya or other - since I realized that a front stablizer calms the car down, while the rear one loosens it up
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 06:27 PM   #2605
Tech Master
 
KA2AEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tottenville, NYC
Posts: 1,684
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks KBo!
Just trying to finalize the GT3 setup for Golddust for his run in Troy in March.
Are you going up?
__________________
Hauler Driver, Liason, Lead Mechanic, Crew Chief, Procurement Specialist,
Conflict Resolution Specialist, Pychologist, Therapist All for Team Golddust Racing
Oh and By The Way
NBCsn and FxSports cable is growing on me too!
KA2AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2016, 09:26 PM   #2606
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,741
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
i have never run a rear stabilizer on any of my cars - tamiya or other - since I realized that a front stablizer calms the car down, while the rear one loosens it up
I do
Seem to me that the most set up on Tamiya TC works better with the sway away around
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 12:34 PM   #2607
Tech Master
 
KA2AEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tottenville, NYC
Posts: 1,684
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
I do
Seem to me that the most set up on Tamiya TC works better with the sway away around
OVA
Sorry don't understand by what you mean by the sway away around.
__________________
Hauler Driver, Liason, Lead Mechanic, Crew Chief, Procurement Specialist,
Conflict Resolution Specialist, Pychologist, Therapist All for Team Golddust Racing
Oh and By The Way
NBCsn and FxSports cable is growing on me too!
KA2AEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:42 PM   #2608
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,741
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KA2AEV View Post
OVA
Sorry don't understand by what you mean by the sway away around.
sorry I am not good at typing fast ,plus I was in the hurry
I mean was, As the standard Tamiya TC set up , the sway bars normally are use in the front / rear in most of the time
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work

Last edited by OVA; 02-02-2016 at 01:55 PM.
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:51 PM   #2609
OVA
Tech Champion
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 8,741
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

here is mine
Attached Thumbnails
TA-05 ver.2-tamiya-ta05-v2-pic.jpg  
__________________
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
OVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 03:05 PM   #2610
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,985
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OVA View Post
sorry I am not good at typing fast ,plus I was in the hurry
I mean was, As the standard Tamiya TC set up , the sway bars normally are use in the front / rear in most of the time
i've actually tried it both ways - but my driving style works better with just the front. i didn't seem to gain anything by running both
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric Touring / On-Road RC Screaming Wind Manila Racers 32167 05-02-2017 10:20 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:31 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net