R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #1936
Tech Addict
 
Jethroz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Frederick, MD
Posts: 552
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyr0 View Post
Its just that the instructions call for the end to be screwed into the arm. The arm on my car doesn't have any way for the screw to go into. the balls that are in the arm are to small for the rods to pop into, which is what I thought they were for but they just to small.

Btw thanks for the info on the diffs.
I was confused also when I tried to put the front bars on the first time. Ignore the instructions that came with the bars and follow the instructions on page 17 in the manual. Use a BB27 (4mm) on the bottom and a BB22 (5mm) on top and everything will fall into place.
Jethroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:29 AM   #1937
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Im having trouble with the steering on my ver2.
It turns better when steering right than left, I adjusted the EPA on the remote and atm right EPA is 30% while left is 70% !!!! thats doesn't seem right at all. Recently added the tamiya servo saver and when the servo is at the nuetral position i cant get the servo saver to be dead striaght(with the supplied horns) so it is angled to the right, but i can adjust the steering trim so it can be straight/run in a straight line
With the stock servo horn (no servo saver) i have no trouble aligning it properly.

Will it be better to just use the stock horn and forget about the servo saver ???
Or could it be unequal weight from side to side ?

Also is the TA05 ver2 still competitive enough nowadays or is it better to get a TA06 ??
alex_evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #1938
Tech Adept
 
Oortael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_evo View Post
Im having trouble with the steering on my ver2.
It turns better when steering right than left, I adjusted the EPA on the remote and atm right EPA is 30% while left is 70% !!!! thats doesn't seem right at all. Recently added the tamiya servo saver and when the servo is at the nuetral position i cant get the servo saver to be dead striaght(with the supplied horns) so it is angled to the right, but i can adjust the steering trim so it can be straight/run in a straight line
With the stock servo horn (no servo saver) i have no trouble aligning it properly.

Will it be better to just use the stock horn and forget about the servo saver ???
Or could it be unequal weight from side to side ?

Also is the TA05 ver2 still competitive enough nowadays or is it better to get a TA06 ??
Do you have build your steering system properly? We made a mistake within Step 17 and got way less steering as we normaly get.
Oortael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:10 PM   #1939
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oortael View Post
Do you have build your steering system properly? We made a mistake within Step 17 and got way less steering as we normaly get.

That link you shows the steering for TA05 v1. the steering in assembly is different on the v2 but i will double check just incase
alex_evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #1940
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,926
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_evo View Post
That link you shows the steering for TA05 v1. the steering in assembly is different on the v2 but i will double check just incase
you are right, it is different..

are you sure you don't have the screws over tightened on one side verus the other
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #1941
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

had a check and all seems fine mechanical side,
i found out its the servo, if i change steering trim it messes with the EPA left/right, is this normal for a servo to do this or have i got a messed up servo ???

example: when i have neutral steering (trim) on the controller the servo is fine maybe 1-2 degrees off.
But when i change the steering trim to make the car run straight theres more steering on the side i adjusted on the steering trim
alex_evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 05:43 AM   #1942
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,926
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_evo View Post
had a check and all seems fine mechanical side,
i found out its the servo, if i change steering trim it messes with the EPA left/right, is this normal for a servo to do this or have i got a messed up servo ???

example: when i have neutral steering (trim) on the controller the servo is fine maybe 1-2 degrees off.
But when i change the steering trim to make the car run straight theres more steering on the side i adjusted on the steering trim
does your radio have a sub-trim feature? this would center the servo without effecting the left-to-right throw too much? when you use the trim settings, it would, in essence, mess with the left to right throw - but only if you had to adjust it to a huge degree.

all my cars need to have the servo re-centered somewhat - but i always use the sub-trim feature and hardly ever mess with the actual trim settings

what kind of radio are you using?
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:01 AM   #1943
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Im using a Futaba 3PL 2.4ghz not sure if it have that feature

But you are right as i had to adjust the steering trim to a huge degree in order to make the car run straight (max is 25 and im running in the 20s for steering trim)
Im using the tamiya servo saver and i just cant attach it dead stright when the servo is in the neutral position (both servo and controller in neutral)
i did use the hole stated in the ta05 ver 2 'R' manual but now changed it by using the middle hole which is closer to center
alex_evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:29 AM   #1944
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,926
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_evo View Post
Im using a Futaba 3PL 2.4ghz not sure if it have that feature

But you are right as i had to adjust the steering trim to a huge degree in order to make the car run straight (max is 25 and im running in the 20s for steering trim)
Im using the tamiya servo saver and i just cant attach it dead stright when the servo is in the neutral position (both servo and controller in neutral)
i did use the hole stated in the ta05 ver 2 'R' manual but now changed it by using the middle hole which is closer to center
i just looked at the manual and didn't see a function that specifically did what i was talking about - maybe someone with more experience with the radio can chime in, or you could look in the thread specific for that radio

the other thing you can try, is center everything as best as possible, then adjust the steering turnbuckle (the one from the servo to the rack) to get the wheels straight - without using the trim...this should help get things a little better

every servo i've ever used never had a servo saver 100% straight, i've always had to adjust it somewhat...but it seems like you've got to go to extremes here
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:23 AM   #1945
Tech Elite
 
stitchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,794
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

use the sub trim function?
__________________
Speedtechhobbies.com
stitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #1946
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 6,926
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchy View Post
use the sub trim function?
that was my thought as well - however, the 3PL radio he's using doesn't seem to offer it, at least its not documented in the manual
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:12 PM   #1947
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
i just looked at the manual and didn't see a function that specifically did what i was talking about - maybe someone with more experience with the radio can chime in, or you could look in the thread specific for that radio

the other thing you can try, is center everything as best as possible, then adjust the steering turnbuckle (the one from the servo to the rack) to get the wheels straight - without using the trim...this should help get things a little better

every servo i've ever used never had a servo saver 100% straight, i've always had to adjust it somewhat...but it seems like you've got to go to extremes here
Thanks alot will deffo give it a try and see how it goes !
alex_evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #1948
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,747
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Anyone got a quick reference chart to the option blocks for this car, and what toe/roll center they work out too?
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #1949
Tech Regular
 
@Art_Mighty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 495
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Anyone got a quick reference chart to the option blocks for this car, and what toe/roll center they work out too?
I think this is what you're looking for...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TRFOnRoadSuspensionBlockSettings.pdf (249.0 KB, 128 views)
__________________
RC.A. - Tamiya Chapter (so many shinny blue parts..) O_o

Sponsored By - http://enginesbyotto.com/ & my wallet (mostly my wallet actually...)

ALL IS LOST
@Art_Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:45 PM   #1950
Tech Initiate
 
goodracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 29
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

anyone ever have any tweak issues with this chassis ???
goodracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Electric Touring / On-Road RC Screaming Wind Manila Racers 32165 10-24-2016 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:24 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net