R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-18-2011, 12:43 AM   #1861
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyr0 View Post
Can someone explain how to read the suspension mounts? Broke my rear one today and cant seem to find the plastic replacements so looking at which one of the aluminum ones to get.

And one more thing what kind of FDR are you looking to get running 17.5 blinky? Thanks

For reference
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=862&id=8010
For non-boost 17.5 with 0 motor timing, FDR 3.5-4.0. With max motor timing, 4.0-4.5.
eComet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:10 PM   #1862
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Has anyone ran a gear diff in the rear with a oneway up front?
Gyr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:31 PM   #1863
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eComet View Post
For non-boost 17.5 with 0 motor timing, FDR 3.5-4.0. With max motor timing, 4.0-4.5.
At my local club there is an fdr limit of 6:1 in 17.5 non-boosted to keep the speeds of the 17.5 close to the black cans.

My question is, will this harm my motor having such a high ratio on the 17.5?
r_Bordeau41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #1864
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking Your good to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_Bordeau41 View Post
At my local club there is an fdr limit of 6:1 in 17.5 non-boosted to keep the speeds of the 17.5 close to the black cans.

My question is, will this harm my motor having such a high ratio on the 17.5?
We had an 6 hour enduro with 17.5 non-boosted class and 5.8 FDR and motors and ESC's ran perfect the whole time.Temps were around 110 in motor and 90 degrees on the ESC.
So to answer your question,
nope!

Just my 2$
"Tamiya Racer to Infinity and Beyond!"
maxepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:04 AM   #1865
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxepower View Post
We had an 6 hour enduro with 17.5 non-boosted class and 5.8 FDR and motors and ESC's ran perfect the whole time.Temps were around 110 in motor and 90 degrees on the ESC.
So to answer your question,
nope!

Just my 2$
Maxpower - Is there a thread about your endurance race? I would like to organize something like that up here in Northern Nevada, but want to know what I am getting myself into. Thanks
dragonturbo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #1866
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am in need of some tuning help. My car needs more front grip. Entering the center and the exit of the corner it is pushing. With the IFS I am not sure what adjustments would help me gain grip. What are some things to try? I am on asphalt.

Visit my Youtube channel for HD R/C videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/DHCross1
CR0SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #1867
Tech Adept

I have the TA05v2 kit I just built and I was wondering if anyone else has side to side play in the diff housing. Almost like it needs to be shimmed (but a lot of shims would be needed).
Old 10-10-2011, 09:01 AM   #1868
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR0SS View Post
I am in need of some tuning help. My car needs more front grip. Entering the center and the exit of the corner it is pushing. With the IFS I am not sure what adjustments would help me gain grip. What are some things to try? I am on asphalt.
Look on page 12 of the (non-pro manual) in the top left hand corner. It will show you where to add spacers on the rocker arms to adjust you dampening. Adding spacers essentially is like standing up you shock and if I remember right that should add some traction. If you haven't done so already pick up the xxx main tuning book, it is well worth the money. It will explain things you didn't even have a clue about.
Old 10-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #1869
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonturbo3 View Post
I have the TA05v2 kit I just built and I was wondering if anyone else has side to side play in the diff housing. Almost like it needs to be shimmed (but a lot of shims would be needed).
you can shim it (doesn't take that many usually) but doesn't make much difference either, being a belt pulley
www.MelbRC.org
----------------
WC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #1870
Tech Master

Exclamation more on power steering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR0SS View Post
Reduce the droop in the front by .5mm-1.0mm that should help a lot! stiffer spring in the rear , stiffer sway bar in the rear, raise ride height in rear. Increase camber in front, reduce camber in rear, increase toe out in front, reduce toe in the rear, raise shock in rear, lower shock in front.
I can keep going on but you get the idea! Transfer more weight to front!!!
Just my 2$
Old 10-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #1871
Tech Master

Exclamation Enduro?

Quote:
Maxpower - Is there a thread about your endurance race? I would like to organize something like that up here in Northern Nevada, but want to know what I am getting myself into. Thanks
Sorry I didn't read your thread, I've been focusing on my other cars so haven't gone on the TA-05 thread in a while. We never posted anything about the enduro but it's all about finding a ESC systems that is reliable and is fun to run based on skill level and size at your local track. We were fortunate enought to have Novak sponsor our race but this not really necessary. We ran a 6 hour enduro and that was a long time driving.
Something like a 1000 laps! You could call or e-mail Tamiya or Novak electronics, both in here in Irvine, Calif. The actual organizer of the enduro works for Tamiya! Fred Medal.
Hope I helped to answere your question.
Maxepower
Old 10-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #1872
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am really liking the TA05. Just a short video from the other day.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Visit my Youtube channel for HD R/C videos. http://www.youtube.com/user/DHCross1
CR0SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 09:11 PM   #1873
TJ
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Look on page 12 of the (non-pro manual) in the top left hand corner. It will show you where to add spacers on the rocker arms to adjust you dampening. Adding spacers essentially is like standing up you shock and if I remember right that should add some traction. If you haven't done so already pick up the xxx main tuning book, it is well worth the money. It will explain things you didn't even have a clue about.
Yes I had a look but it the spacer suppose to go on the shock side of the rocker or the tie rod side of the rocker?It looks like the tie rod side in the diagram I would have thought the shock side.
I have the same problem with not enought steering but more like off power-push. A friend has an app from Martin Crisp called setup workbench which is quite good but it seems you can't buy it any more for an Ipone.

You can get it for everything else even Ipad but not the phone work that one out.

"Anything I say can or will be used against me at a later date":
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:34 AM   #1874
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys, I'v got TRF shocks but for a long time I'v been using the grey plastic pistons. They don't fit. I have to sand them to make them fit. I think the pistons are for the plastic shocks. Does anyone know the item number for the correct pistons? I want the 3 hole ones. Thx.
I would have Tekin if it connected to IPHONE!
MeBeMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #1875
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeBeMikey View Post
Hey guys, I'v got TRF shocks but for a long time I'v been using the grey plastic pistons. They don't fit. I have to sand them to make them fit. I think the pistons are for the plastic shocks. Does anyone know the item number for the correct pistons? I want the 3 hole ones. Thx.
you want these