Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Old 08-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Addict

Would 44mm universals work in the rear without changing anything?
Old 08-28-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zac_with_no_K
Would 44mm universals work in the rear without changing anything?
If you have a R spec chassis, I recommend using the 46mm universals all around, the 44mm keeps poping out on me so i went with the 46. also make sure to shim the diff properly. The diff housing has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much play....

Also, does anyone has a good high bite asphalt setup for westcoast? I had no success with my car with high bite surface..... It does work really well on Tamiya America track though...
Old 08-28-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
If you have a R spec chassis, I recommend using the 46mm universals all around, the 44mm keeps poping out on me so i went with the 46. also make sure to shim the diff properly. The diff housing has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much play....

Also, does anyone has a good high bite asphalt setup for westcoast? I had no success with my car with high bite surface..... It does work really well on Tamiya America track though...
Thanks! That saves me all the time of installing and testing.

I don't know what high bite aspalt tracks are like, but these cars don't work well on it?
Old 08-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Zac_with_no_K
Thanks! That saves me all the time of installing and testing.

I don't know what high bite aspalt tracks are like, but these cars don't work well on it?
Lol, Np! Actually, people tell me on high bite tracks, tub chassis doesn't work that well due to excessive flex but I don't know for sure. I think it's more of a skill and setup issue. I currently use the carbon reinforced chassis pan and it is a little stiffer then the stock ones. I'm not too concerned about if this chassis is not competitive on high bite tracks or not. I just wants to get the most out of my car So someone plz help me out with the setup!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Ball thrust bearing

Question for you TA05 guys. I see in the manual that the diff uses a thrust bearing not individual balls. If this is correct could someone tell me what the O.D of the bearing is. The reason I ask is I'm thinking about trying it my kyosho scr.

Thanks in advance, Gary
Old 08-28-2011, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sandsurfer
Question for you TA05 guys. I see in the manual that the diff uses a thrust bearing not individual balls. If this is correct could someone tell me what the O.D of the bearing is. The reason I ask is I'm thinking about trying it my kyosho scr.

Thanks in advance, Gary
I believe the info you need is here: http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=866&id=7734 . And btw, that thrust bearing I linked to works VERY well, combined with ceramic diff balls, makes for an INCREDIBLY smooth diff(even use them in my DB01R, works great)....
Old 08-28-2011, 11:55 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

its just a 620 thrust bearing, many different sources out there

many other brands use the same too eg Sakura Zero, i think Yokomo too etc
Old 08-29-2011, 12:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
Lol, Np! Actually, people tell me on high bite tracks, tub chassis doesn't work that well due to excessive flex but I don't know for sure. I think it's more of a skill and setup issue. I currently use the carbon reinforced chassis pan and it is a little stiffer then the stock ones. I'm not too concerned about if this chassis is not competitive on high bite tracks or not. I just wants to get the most out of my car So someone plz help me out with the setup!
I am using medium springs from a Losi JRX-S Type R in the front.
I have to double check the number on them tomorrow when i get back home.
The Rear i am using Silver Stock Team Magic Springs that came on a E4RS.
2.5-3.0 rear toe, 1 degree camber front and 1.5 rear.

I have removed shims from my camber linkage aka roll center adj.

And then i have to transfer all the Droop and ride height info of my car to paper.

Front tight diff, rear normal.

Those major settings gave me good results.

Then i have switched to EX05 Chassis still with lay down shocks, i had a complete different set up. Which at times i am trying to get rid of traction to stop traction rolling.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by iPearl
I am using medium springs from a Losi JRX-S Type R in the front.
I have to double check the number on them tomorrow when i get back home.
The Rear i am using Silver Stock Team Magic Springs that came on a E4RS.
2.5-3.0 rear toe, 1 degree camber front and 1.5 rear.

I have removed shims from my camber linkage aka roll center adj.

And then i have to transfer all the Droop and ride height info of my car to paper.

Front tight diff, rear normal.

Those major settings gave me good results.

Then i have switched to EX05 Chassis still with lay down shocks, i had a complete different set up. Which at times i am trying to get rid of traction to stop traction rolling.
thanks for the suggestion,but do you think tamiya spring set would work? I have 2 sets of tamiya springs
Old 08-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
I believe the info you need is here: http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=866&id=7734 . And btw, that thrust bearing I linked to works VERY well, combined with ceramic diff balls, makes for an INCREDIBLY smooth diff(even use them in my DB01R, works great)....
Thanks for the info grizz. One more thing, because the id of the bearing is .5mm smaller than the kyosho thrust bolt and nut, I will need to get the tamaya ones. I have done searches but not nothing comes up on where to get one. Little help, if you may know. Never mind, I found it

Thanks, Gary

Last edited by sandsurfer; 08-30-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sandsurfer
Thanks for the info grizz. One more thing, because the id of the bearing is .5mm smaller than the kyosho thrust bolt and nut, I will need to get the tamaya ones. I have done searches but not nothing comes up on where to get one. Little help, if you may know. Never mind, I found it

Thanks, Gary
That's what I like about SpeedTech, they're good about trying to keep related parts on the same pages, & sorted by car....
Old 09-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Guys looking for a base carpet set-up also running exotek chassis. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-05-2011, 06:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Originally Posted by transplantlife
Guys looking for a base carpet set-up also running exotek chassis. Thanks for any help.
Running the same, a TA05V2 after trying the TA06 Pro and coming back to the 05 w/exotek.

Front: -1 Camber, 35W Oil, White Springs, 1 degree toe out, Front Gear Diff 300k fluid, 4mm rocker arm spacer, TRF Shocks with 2 hole piston

Rear: -1 Camber, 35W Oil, Yellow Springs, 1A, 1D Blocks, Shock position 1 on rear tower, no antisquat. Rear Spec-R gear diff 10k fluid.

No Sway bars, Direct Drive Centre, 5.5mm front, 6mm rear ride height. I use this as a general starting set up on whatever track I run and make minor changes from, there.

Running it in VTA at the moment.
Attached Thumbnails TA-05 ver.2-img_0098.jpg   TA-05 ver.2-img_0099.jpg  
Old 09-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

anyone try the new tamiya gear diff for the v2? any leaks?
Old 09-06-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fat500
anyone try the new tamiya gear diff for the v2? any leaks?
I tried double gear diffs at the Tamiya TCS Final. Front at 100,000 and rear 1,000. I put green slim on the O-rings and gaskets.

Front no leak at all and the diff action stays consistent. But the rear did have some leak at the outdrives, nothing from the pulley.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.