R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-31-2011, 09:41 PM   #1711
Tech Rookie

Hey all. I've got a tamiya sensored brushless system (black can 10.5t) that I want to put in the ol' ver. 2. The problem is, I haven't read of a lipo cutoff for the TBLE-01 esc, only one for nimh and nicd.. Will that suffice? Or should I use some sort of external cutoff or alarm?

Thanks a lot.

Huo
Old 04-01-2011, 01:26 AM   #1712
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geppetto View Post
My guess is that the majority of RC kits sold by Tamiya are not to the die-hard racer. Adding specs like camber, toe, caster and ride height would further complicate the instructions to the kid looking to buy a neat "toy".
i'm not really sure it has to do with the fact that tamiya's mid and entry level kits are for a different audience. even the race spec kits like the 416/417 or evo iv/evo v won't tell you what the manual's setting is for camber or ride height. when you put all ur electronics on the turnbuckle lengths for camber as well as the ride height adjusters are not exactly equal from side to side because the weight distribution is usually biased towards the motor side. so the manual will basically give you a rough starting point so you can fine tune it using the setup tools needed for onroad.
platypus_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 01:10 AM   #1713
Tech Initiate

Here is my TA05V2,OP it again and again
Attached Thumbnails
TA-05 ver.2-1.jpg   TA-05 ver.2-2.jpg   TA-05 ver.2-3.jpg  
srw_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 11:18 AM   #1714
Tech Apprentice
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i'm running a TA05v.2 with an EZrun brushless system. got everything all put together and car runs good. but i'm getting a high pitched squeal if punch it off the line. on all of my traxxas trucks this would definitely mean that a slipper is loose. it sounds just like that. seeing as how our cars don't have slippers i've tried tightening the front/rear diffs (how do you know how tight to make them?) i've tried different belt tensions too is there any other way to tighten the belts besides moving the peg in the different circles? on the little pieces on each side of the diff. (hope you know what i'm talking about) anyone have any other idea what the noise could be? i've checked and made sure nothing is rubbing on anything else. or are these just loud cars?
Gho5tRevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:59 PM   #1715
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Gho5tRevo, maybe dried out bearings/bushings in the transmission or motor?
http://www.youtube.com/user/rccartips/
http://www.facebook.com/RCCarTipsFan
rccartips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:11 PM   #1716
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default ta05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gho5tRevo View Post
i'm running a TA05v.2 with an EZrun brushless system. got everything all put together and car runs good. but i'm getting a high pitched squeal if punch it off the line. on all of my traxxas trucks this would definitely mean that a slipper is loose. it sounds just like that. seeing as how our cars don't have slippers i've tried tightening the front/rear diffs (how do you know how tight to make them?) i've tried different belt tensions too is there any other way to tighten the belts besides moving the peg in the different circles? on the little pieces on each side of the diff. (hope you know what i'm talking about) anyone have any other idea what the noise could be? i've checked and made sure nothing is rubbing on anything else. or are these just loud cars?
make shure your diff is not slipping
subaru73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:40 PM   #1717
Tech Adept

Quote:
Probably a loose diff. Tighten the diff screw all the way to lock and then back off about 1/8 to 1/4 of a turn. To check diff, hold both tires and try to turn the diff, if you can barely turn it by hand then you are there. If you can turn it easily, then something is wrong or your'e diff is still too loose.
Railroader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:38 AM   #1718
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Tamiya Anti-Ware too thick?

I'm building a TA-05 ver.II R and drive line is totally bind free but there's a lot of resistance comming from those shiny new CV's covered in Anti-Ware. That's some uber sticky stuff and I'm worried about drive line drag. It has some intresting properties but is something as good thats not as "sticky" I could be using?

Sponsored By - http://enginesbyotto.com/ & my wallet (mostly my wallet actually...)

ALL IS LOST
@Art_Mighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 10:14 AM   #1719
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to iPearl Send a message via MSN to iPearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by srw_g View Post
Here is my TA05V2,OP it again and again
Thats the cf deck from tamiya ?
And the bulk heads from a normal ta05 ?

Are you using 37 or 36 diffs?
If 36t diffs what belt are u using ?
Old 04-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #1720
Tech Apprentice

so i went on youtube and listen to some other TA05v.2s turn out they all kinda sound like that too me. maybe i'm just not used to hearing a belt driven car or something. anyway thanks for the comments.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #1721
Tech Apprentice

also couldn't figure out why the car wasn't that fast. then i realized i was running in reverse
Old 04-05-2011, 03:16 PM   #1722
Tech Addict

Quote:
also couldn't figure out why the car wasn't that fast. then i realized i was running in reverse
How much slower was it? Just wondering because mine is slower than most other cars in my 13.5 class.
Zac_with_no_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #1723
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac_with_no_K View Post
How much slower was it? Just wondering because mine is slower than most other cars in my 13.5 class.
man i was wishing i had went with the 5.5t motor for a second. it was noticeably slow. so while holding the car i went full throttle. then i went full reverse. there was clearly a noticeable difference in the sound of the car and and like the tilting of the car while i was holding it if that makes any sense. anyway went home. swapped two of the wires and voilą!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #1724
Tech Regular

make sure your belt tensioners aren't set to tight
MDRTales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 03:53 AM   #1725
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitrc View Post
Don't worry - you're not the first person to miss the "twist the diff" arrow!

It's a bit of a modern Tamiya trademark. Did it myself on my Durga build - and I have been building ball diffs almost non-stop for the past 20 years so have no excuses!

The only other curiousity in a TA-05 build is modifying the servo case. Apart from that it should all fall together.
how do you twist the diff arrow? sorry first time building a kit.. cant seem to find it on the manual...
SPOONGD is offline   Reply With Quote