416 WE made in China

416 WE made in China

Old 04-20-2009, 10:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

thats so lame, man i wanted one so bad!
Old 04-20-2009, 11:43 PM
Tech Adept

@ all who wants to buy this car: Shame on you!!! If you don't want to spend so much money, buy an old second hand 415 or a Cyclone S/ TA05. They are even better, than this copys.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s13evo
TC5R made in China?? what! i thought it was made in the USA.
associated joined forces with thunder tiger in taiwan. some parts are made in china. the graphite is cut and made in the usa
Old 04-22-2009, 08:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I do read Chinese and I would be careful about sending payment to china through paypal. My friend got a Rolex, when he ordered an iPhone. The only problem with that was, the Rolex was fake and lighter than a swatch.
Paypal won't cover the damage; since he sent the "something". Fortunately, seller was friendly enough to offer 50% refund. What a customer service.

I don't mean to badmouth Chinese traders; but just be careful.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think this is AWESOME! The more the Chinese rip off the big companies like Tamiya, Kyosho, Associated, etc etc, the more likely they’ll put them out of business…then they’ll own the RC industry…of course you wont see anything new after that because there wont be any cars them to copy…and the Chinese have proven they can’t produce something on their own…so then maybe the whole hobby will die off.

I wouldn’t buy one of those if they where fifty bucks. Call me stupid, call me a loyalist but I’m sticking with the real deal. Tamiya started it, did the home work, and supports their products. At least if I need a part or help I can call someone in the US for help, who do you call in China? They should rename that country Xerox.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

LOL
Old 04-22-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

price around US$170
Old 04-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/5506397-post15.html
Old 04-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Attached Thumbnails 416 WE made in China-0904161544ad78dcb234b6d8f7.jpg   416 WE made in China-09041615440763cdee9d95b8dc.jpg   416 WE made in China-0904161544181cb893d7d92d94.jpg  
Old 04-24-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

. The way I see it, most of the belt kits out there looks the same so why can't this one be treated that way. I've heard people say the TC5 looks like a 416 and I've heard the same about the BD5. Some kits are unique and when a copy is made you can clearly see it and some looks just like many. Mainly it's up to the consumer to decide. One thing that I heard from the shaft copy, is the quality isn't the same as the original. Even though both were made in China. All I know is the company that makes this copies can change a few things if you ask them. With that said, even a patent aren't really protected now days. If you change the design 30% or less (Not sure the exact number) it can be patented as an original design.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Vyger
I think this is AWESOME! The more the Chinese rip off the big companies like Tamiya, Kyosho, Associated, etc etc, the more likely they’ll put them out of business…then they’ll own the RC industry…of course you wont see anything new after that because there wont be any cars them to copy…and the Chinese have proven they can’t produce something on their own…so then maybe the whole hobby will die off.

I wouldn’t buy one of those if they where fifty bucks. Call me stupid, call me a loyalist but I’m sticking with the real deal. Tamiya started it, did the home work, and supports their products. At least if I need a part or help I can call someone in the US for help, who do you call in China?
I think you are wrong.

I actually would not be surprised at all if this was a Tamiya product (not necessarily officially recognised). This is a very frequent global strategy of big companies. A number of global companies did this kind of thing in SE Asia decades ago. Toyota went to Indonesia (and soon other companies- Suzuki, Daihatsu, etc- followed suit in other SE Asian countries) because they recognised the huge markets these countries have. They produced locally a cheap version of their product line for rich (but small market) countries and this allowed them to tap huge revenues building the local economy as they went along as well. On the back of the cheap product, they then imported their entire range including the top and luxury range in those countries for people with real money. After the early cars motorised the nation, they took it up a notch and now they produce a new line of cheap cars that don't look that cheap any more and are optioned like their equivalents on our markets (power everything, climate control, air bags, etc). Tamiya could do the same and it would not surprise me at all. In europe shrinking economies (read rich western countries) have shifted all manufacturing eastwards until it all went to China some time ago. It is just the economic rationale of our time. There are also plenty of well-garnished wallets in China (I hear they want to buy Aston Martin) these days and I am sure many will buy the real deal if it was available. Plus, they'll want to go racing and if the cheap car doesn't cut it, they'll have to buy the other one. Now if Tamiya sells a million more cars a year, just imagine how much the price will go down (I am not sure they can produce that many, actually, but let's say they could).

Even if the car is just a shameless copy the result is the same. They won't sell it outside China because they know they can't, but the hobby will spread in China (and other neighbouring countries), and once good drivers will rise, they'll buy the real deal to go and compete overseas. This again will allow Tamiya and others to enter the market with the results I have shown above.

Originally Posted by Vyger
They should rename that country Xerox.
They can't. That would be copyright infringement.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Tech Elite

I'll be doing a full review on this car, lots of pictures and editorial review! Stay tuned!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:52 AM
AWK
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I can tell you this is NOT a Tamiya product, and has no affiliation with the company. Tamiya Japan is aware of it, and is looking at all of its options.

On a side note, Xerox is no longer a trademark name since under the common law, when the name Xerox started being commonly used to refer to a copy i.e., "hey could you make a xerox of that invoice" the company lost the trademark and the word xerox became a common word.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CarKing
I can tell you this is NOT a Tamiya product, and has no affiliation with the company. Tamiya Japan is aware of it, and is looking at all of its options.

On a side note, Xerox is no longer a trademark name since under the common law, when the name Xerox started being commonly used to refer to a copy i.e., "hey could you make a xerox of that invoice" the company lost the trademark and the word xerox became a common word.
Well, then I think their best option would be to actually buy the company producing the car and let them work but under their control, so no cars are sold outside China to compete into Tamiya's established markets. That would be definitely cheaper than sueing and in the long term it might turn into a gold mine.

About Xerox, that's a really interesting development I wasn't aware of. But I suspect "Xerox" is still trademarked even if xerox isn't.

Last edited by niznai; 04-24-2009 at 11:33 AM.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default Shame on you

If anyone buys this...SHAME ON YOU...
an obvious copy.....

i hate to even participate in this type of thread but I just can't believe the stealing that occurred with this.

Is there a picture of the box? that would be very interesting in which direction they went...were they bold enough to copy to box also? or did they take the safe route and did something completely different.?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.