Community
Wiki Posts
Search

416 WE made in China

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

To ad something if it is a new car....The shocktowers aren't fitted with countersunk screws but with ballcup screws.
This is the first big give away.
All the plastic ballcups are black instead off grey like the original Tamiya parts.

Regards Roy

Originally Posted by Skitee
The shocks are the first thing you should notice, the shocks don't attach with balls like the Tamiya shocks and the shock caps are shallower than the original TRF caps too. The aluminum on the ball diff outdrives has a yellow/gold colouring compared to the Tamiya outdrives. It's going to be pretty difficult to spot the other slight differences in a picture though.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:08 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Spencer Beck
so ive been lurking on this page for a couple days now just to read the 31 pages of post.

Long story short i bought what i thought to be a real 416 of ebay and it came to me as a 416we clone.

So super pissed and talking to ebay there is no way to get my money back i decided to just run the thing.

First off the car just looks plain cool. all the blue and the "carbon Fiber" decks just works for me.
While sitting in my pit i had loads of on-road guys come look at it. Hiyato-(2007 world champ) looked at the car at the car and said "maximum awesome car" and then told him it was a clone "maximum bullshit"!! Its a japanese thing he was very angry that there was these clones on the market. But i did fool him until i told him it was a clone.

But anywho beyond it looking nice it does have problems right off the bat...

The plastic is crap. Popping off ball cups just broke them in two. broke a shock eyelet. The diff was locked down and had to be rebuilt. screws heads where way too big for my bits and just stripped.

But was presistant and wanted to at least give the car a chance on the track. First couple laps where dialed! It turned, it stopped did everything... Hit a dusty patch on the straight and turned the car into the wall and broke a rear hub. Super plastic is junk

but honestly it wasnt a bad purchase and worked ok for the laps i did have it running.

And as far as the Chinese companies making clones i dont see a problem with it, as long as they say clone on the ad. And since Tamiya isnt stomping and raging they must not have a problem with it too. Have to buy real tamiya parts to keep a clone running.

I would love to see a comparison between the real deal and a clone. Pictures of the changes so the cosumer is informed.

The clone is fine for club racing. Keeps breaking those parts to keep the hobbystores open. As far as being competive on a national level I highly doubt it. If you are competing on a national level you have a chassis sponsor anyway.

Thats just my thoughts and experience with a clone. Just buy a real tamiya kit.

Just wanted to point out that one thing paypal does not like is fakes, I think anyone purchasing an item as real and it arrives fake can easily get a refund.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Tech Regular

for the money its better to go with a higher quality car, the spec r r1 and s1 is 2 choices that doesnt break the bank, but still is 2 really good cars

i had a 416we copy 3 years ago, replaced all plastic in the suspension plus the shocks to tamiya ditos, the car was quite expensive when i was finnished with it..