VRC Pro - Electric >

VRC Pro - Electric

Like Tree1Likes

VRC Pro - Electric

Old 04-18-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default VRC Pro - Electric

There's been a bunch of VRC threads in the past, but they all seem to fizzle out. Perhaps my charming personality and celebrity will help this one survive! :-)

So the promotional site for VRC Pro has been released, and has pictures of the carpet tracks that will be included. So far, it looks very promising. Here's to hoping they get it out the door soon.

Promotional Site:
http://www.virtualrc.com/vrc-pro/

Indoor Electric (CRF Raceway)
http://www.virtualrc.com/vrc-pro/tracks.aspx?show=crf

Indoor Electric (LRP Masters 2007)
http://www.virtualrc.com/vrc-pro/tra...x?show=lrp2007
Old 04-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

sign me up.. looks sweet... need all the track time i can get these days since i don't get to the real track as often as i need to....
Old 04-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

bump
Can I get that PS3 or 360 ver. lol
Old 04-19-2009, 02:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
bump
Can I get that PS3 or 360 ver. lol
x1

LMAO!!!!

I'm diggin that idea,,
Old 02-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Tech Lord

*** BUMP ***

Nearly 2 years later, a video emerges. I was accepted as a beta tester, so I'll be sure to give them plenty of feedback on the electric side. It seems like maybe we're getting close to testing, finally.

I believe this video is demonstrating multiplayer with people in several different countries. Handling collision detection when dealing with latency can be very tricky, and is complicated for all online gaming. I would expect single player to be much smoother.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-03-2011, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Simply Wow
Old 02-03-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Hmmm.... Honestly I'm not overly impressed, the cars just look like they slide constantly, very similar to the gas 10th on the original version....

Give it another 5 years development and see where it stands

Just my 2p
Luke
Old 02-03-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

That's what I was thinking...if that is supposed to be carpet their grip model is waaaaaaay off. I wonder how they plan to handle traction additives that are so essential to tuning an RC car on the carpet. Especially in the case of pan cars where we often vary how much is used on the front tires to increase or decrease grip.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Looks like RC Pro am to me.

Garbage
Old 02-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Lord

As far as sims go, I tend to care more about physics than graphics. Unfortunately, the physics here, as someone else mentioned, look a little questionable. They said they're tweaking things for rubber tires. If the grip of that track was brought up, that alone might help. We'll see if they get it right. Hopefully feedback from people that actually race on the surfaces they're trying to simulate will help.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

4 reals. The groove was black but it might as well have been ice. Looks like the same 10th scale nitro models with different color "asphalt" and walls around the "asphalt". With all the hype I figured it would have been closer to reality. Lets hope they do get some input from people who know how it should feel/look/work.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

Hey syndrome, thanks for the vid, same here, the graphics are VERY secondary for me.

Like everyone else... The car all seem to float all the time... Not exactly lacking grip ( if so, they would understeer entering and oversteer exiting the cormer- and that would show they have the physics just right ), just a seemingly decently balanced car that slides sideways without you countersteering.

Strange and preoccupating...And to think they wanted to inculde 1/12th !

This floating was also present into he nitro version I have tested, and I hated the feeling. Totally different from RC.

Thanks in advance for the upcoming updates anyway. We thought it would never start to happen.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:32 AM
Tech Champion

The graphics look pretty good, like others though, im not convinced the handling of the cars is very realistic.

Too floaty/slippery....
Old 02-04-2011, 03:21 AM
Tech Lord

With a real RC, when you initiate a corner, the car will set, dig in a bit, gain some steering, and then come on through. Depending on how you enter the corner, the nose might even slide a bit when you get on the brakes. These cars don't really show any of those tendencies. They just glide along, or maybe slide laterally if you're carrying too much speed, neither of which is realistic. It makes it seem more like a video game than a sim. Hopefully this is something they can adjust for easily.
Old 02-04-2011, 03:37 AM
Tech Champion

The main issue is that the handling physics are very different when you have a behind car view in video games, as opposed to when its a from the top looking down over a track - and the latter isn't as popular to get knowledge from imo.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.