Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

VRC Pro - Electric

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

VRC v3 is pretty close to the real thing, its actually harder than driving a real rc. That ok with me, it makes driving my real rc a breeze.

Most folks that turn their head at VRC did not get over the learning curve, so they just gave up! Or just run Oval

See yall in Beta testing
Old 02-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
*** BUMP ***

Nearly 2 years later, a video emerges. I was accepted as a beta tester, so I'll be sure to give them plenty of feedback on the electric side. It seems like maybe we're getting close to testing, finally.

I believe this video is demonstrating multiplayer with people in several different countries. Handling collision detection when dealing with latency can be very tricky, and is complicated for all online gaming. I would expect single player to be much smoother.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Makes the old version look great.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by synap2012
VRC v3 is pretty close to the real thing, its actually harder than driving a real rc. That ok with me, it makes driving my real rc a breeze.

Most folks that turn their head at VRC did not get over the learning curve, so they just gave up! Or just run Oval

See yall in Beta testing
It has nothing to do with the learning curve. Cars just don't do that on carpet...on low grip asphault maybe but any of the tracks modeled are going to be well known tracks with lots of grip and not parking lot racing.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

From the feedback site:

Don't worry about the cars being a bit too loose, we are still finetuning the rubber tires with the help of serious electric racers and have no doubt that we will get it spot on. It is also a matter of finding the right combination of tire properties and set-up.

To make them like on rail is no problem, but there is a very fine line between that and make them handle like a real electric car.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

someone just need to figure out how to hook up a rc controller to a ps3 GT5's physics are very good.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Where to sign up for beta test?

I've been using vrc to prepare myself for TITC!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Was not arguing with you over the carpet traction bro. Unless you dont sauce your tires or pick the wrong compound. But even V3 gives you the ability to adjust the traction level of the track. I can make any of their asphalt tracks as traction filled as any carpet track. So its safe to say they got it under control.

I was Just stating alot of folks get turned off from the game b/c they suck at first, that's all.

Hey does any one want to dual player race at anytime?!? Preferably OSLO, but I wouldnt mid any other track!
Old 02-04-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

I guess what most of us have to remember is that any videos on youtube of VRC have never looked that great compared to actually seeing it running in real. Also if you took a video of the best drivers on that track you would probably think it was totally different. Of course it looks slippery when everyone overshoots every corner and crashs all the time.

Regards
Mike
Old 02-04-2011, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Is the beta test deal still open? Im tired of playing the old vrc lol.

That video looks way sick!
Old 02-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I believe the beta testers have already been chosen. They mentioned it in their feedback page late last year, and picked 50 people based on various criteria.

I think it looks very promising. I don't know what else you can do with the graphics in this kind of simulator while making it look realistic. C'mon, the track in the video is nicer than anything else in the world.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

I am sitting on the dual player room right now!!!!!!

If anyone want to race in the next 30-60 minutes just get in the dual player room!
Old 02-07-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Started a new series on my club events!

http://www.virtualrc.com/clubs/club.aspx?cid=753

6 tracks
6 warm up races
6 races
6 AI cars

Each series is 2 weeks long
Old 02-07-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ixlr8nz
I guess what most of us have to remember is that any videos on youtube of VRC have never looked that great compared to actually seeing it running in real. Also if you took a video of the best drivers on that track you would probably think it was totally different. Of course it looks slippery when everyone overshoots every corner and crashs all the time.

Regards
Mike
isn't that what happens at most club nights though ?
Old 02-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Originally Posted by synap2012
Started a new series on my club events!

http://www.virtualrc.com/clubs/club.aspx?cid=753

6 tracks
6 warm up races
6 races
6 AI cars

Each series is 2 weeks long
Is it for sedans? what dates and times r the races?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Default Lets race!!!

Sportscars is what is running!

Pretty much I set up 12 races to run over a 2 week period.

there are 6 tracks chosen to race at

each track has a warm up race and the main event race

warm up race: is a one round event that last the length of the entire main event race (2-3 days)

Main event race: broken down into 2 round event (rd 1= 4qual) (rd 2= single main)

qualifiers are 5mins

main is 10min

-----------------------------------------------------------------

This race program is for folks who want to run a different track more frequently and if you notice NO 2nd chances in the main (more like real life)

b/c the point system only counts so many races at a time and each series goes much further in quantity of races, you can join in at anytime and you will eventually catch up in points!!

I WILL TRY TO PROVIDE A NEW SERIES EVERY 2 WEEKS!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.