(1) I have been reading this thread with interest. I am currently researching the move from brushed, to LiPo with 10.5 Brushless.
(2) I have made a half step by setting up with LiPo (EP 5200) and really like the reduced maintenance compared to NiMHs.
(3) My next step is a brushless ESC+Motor. Fellow racers have told me to wait for the LRP SPX as it is specifically made for stock. However, I have always used TEKIN products and have taken an interest in the RS PRO discussions (I used to own a TEKIN G12c and G12c III in the mid-1990's and since starting racing again in the last two years own a TEKIN Fx Pro).
(4) I'm interested in a slightly more technical discussion of the capability changes in the latest TEKIN vs LRP ESCs, if thats not revieling any trade secrets (I'm a systems engineer and have a reasonable technical background). In particular, TEKIN RS and RS PRO vs LRP SPX and SXX. Bearing in mind that I may like to run 4.5T mod on some occassions (10.5T predominantely).
(5) I'm after very good reliability, so I'm curious how the BL ESC+Motor reliability compares to a brushed setup reliability (which I have found to be very good).
(5) I do have a laptop which I can take to the track, but I would not want to make this a permanent arrangement. I'm assuming that once I get the technical parameters setup for my local track, I will not have to bring the laptop thereafter. Is this correct?
Thanks in advance