Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tigermoth LCG V10 >

Tigermoth LCG V10

Tigermoth LCG V10

Old 10-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello,

First of all, let me apologise about my english, and then:

I am writting from Madrid,spain, i am the owner of a Tigermoth LCG V10, i have been training for the last 2 months more or less with this car and there are 3 things you MUST consider before you buy this car:

1-Customer service: the best i´ve ever had with any R/C company
2-The possibilities of the car are incredible with the setup out of the car it goes really,really good
3-The plastics of this car i dont know hoy to explain it, but they are the worst i´ve ever seen worst than any NIKKO, for example, in this 2 months i just have 2 crashes, i was trainning so they were at low speed, the first one,one of the rear hubs was broken, the second i crash a car that made a loop at the beginning of the principal straight result: front bumper cutted like if it were done by a knife.

And with motors like 4.0 the Center shaft pulleys cant handle it and just broken, i have change at least 5 of them so i have to use a 6.5 insteads of a 4.0(in spain we run modified not stock).

They said that they have change the plastic of the center shaft pullyes i have not tried it with the 4.0 i will next sunday maybe and i will post my results here

Best regards,
Old 10-25-2009, 02:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mankalas
And with motors like 4.0 the Center shaft pulleys cant handle it and just broken, i have change at least 5 of them so i have to use a 6.5 insteads of a 4.0(in spain we run modified not stock).

They said that they have change the plastic of the center shaft pullyes i have not tried it with the 4.0 i will next sunday maybe and i will post my results here

Best regards,
If you take a read of the Tigermoth site they have admitted they are having to develop new parts suitable for mod racing..

I've just put mine together and the plastics seem no better or worse than anything else I've built, though I did notice the spare hubs I got are a different colour to the original supplied with the kit (more grey now than black) so perhaps they have made some changes there already
Old 10-25-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Mankalas,

I have an interest in this car as I am the Australian dealer for Tigermoth, and their success obviously benefits me as I race with one and sell the kits also.

Like you, I found the car incredibly easy to set up...in fact I basically built it as per the kit, and didn't get it on a setup station or even set droop settings properly etc, but found the car really well balanced and could push it through corners like nothing else.

So far I haven't broken any rear hubs, however I have broken one front bumper after many, many hard hits. With any car their needs to be something sacrificial that breaks to prevent damage to more expensive components. Prior to running the Tigermoth I was running a Losi TC, which seemed to break C-hubs if I just looked at the thing. What drew me to the LCG was the similarity to the Losi in drivetrain and battery layout (which has the best balance of any car in addition to the Tigermoth) which results in amazing cornering abilities. What also attracted me to the LCG car is the fact there are no front C-hubs, and the general solidity of the front and rear end. The way the arms screw together is unbelievable strong and slop free.

I think with any new car there are bound to be some small teething problems but as you said, Tigermoth's customer service is second to none and they do their best to help out in any way possible. They are also making improvements to components where required...eg the steering baseplates which were beefed up since initial production. I have to hand it to Tigermoth...for such a small company to come up with such a great design and their customer service...any small issues like the hubs etc will be short lived and you'll find the car goes from strength to strength.

My 2c,

Steve
Old 10-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was going to get the LCG but gotta good deal on an EVOVMS I couldn't pass up.

I still like the design and Chris was very informative. I did ask him about sway bars and his reply was than in runs done it hasn't proved necessary and was competitive with the cars in the test runs on lap times.

I would think as the chassis evolves there would be a sway bar system available.

I would get one if I had another unlimited class to run in.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks to you gents for chiming in with your reports. Keep them coming !! Good or bad....all comments need to be made. Like Stephenianjames I too have noticed the similarity to the JRXS drivetrain and it's part of what I like in the Tigermoth. I'm in the market for a new car and the JRXS is tops on my list but the overall simplicity of the Moth is very attractive.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Do it...get the Tigermoth! You wont be dissapointed with the car.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Initiate

I'm very interested in this chassis, but are screws metric or imperial ??

I assume imperial, but no sure so any help would be appreciated !
Old 10-26-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Grinta,

The screws are actually metric.

Cheers,

Steve
Old 10-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Tech Addict

good looking car but for mod TC i'll stick with the HPI Pro3
Old 10-27-2009, 03:43 AM
Tech Initiate

The screws are actually metric.
Thanks, I may consider investing some cash in that car ...
Old 10-27-2009, 04:47 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Can any of you guys running this car post up some pics? I don't think I'll be getting one, but I'd like to see what it's like all kitted out.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Here are some pics that are earlier in this thread.

Originally Posted by Thirtybird
Hey, Dave gave me the go ahead to post some pics of his Tigermoth - I'll post 'em, but I don't know how long he's going to keep running it.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Tech Addict

Default what's taking so long?

12 pages and nearly 7 months of "lookie-lookie" and no info or the "goodie-goodie." somebody let the cat out-a-tha-bag! this car aint gona sell off it's looks alone.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello again

well i have testing it this weekend and everything was ok, i try the 4.0 and the central pulleys are still ok, so, they have really change the plastic in this place, what i dissapoint with the car is that if they have tested the car why they dont realize that the pastics were weak?

Now, i have to change it gradually to have a normal car

Well i will post more of my experience with the car

Another question, my belts are a little bit frayed, yours are ok?I have never seen this on other cars the normal thing is that it breaks.

Thank you!
Old 11-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mankalas
Hello again

well i have testing it this weekend and everything was ok, i try the 4.0 and the central pulleys are still ok, so, they have really change the plastic in this place, what i dissapoint with the car is that if they have tested the car why they dont realize that the pastics were weak?

Now, i have to change it gradually to have a normal car

Well i will post more of my experience with the car

Another question, my belts are a little bit frayed, yours are ok?I have never seen this on other cars the normal thing is that it breaks.

Thank you!
If you read between the lines on their web page, the guys that built and tested the car did so mainly indoors and with spec class motors... My guess is that indoors with all the barriers is usually a pretty good test of how strong a car is in impacts etc and based their choice of plastics on that...

What do you have to change?... if it ain't actually broke why try to fix it... the only parts you need to be worried about are the pulleys and the rear hubs as the front hubs are straight off the TC4...

If you look on the Tigermoth site today you'll see a pic of alloy rear hubs they have developed and will probably have for sale soon...

I've seen belts fray along the edges quite often (Schumacher and Tamiya) so that's not unusual...

My car will be hitting the track this week and I am really looking forward to it... Steve from a few posts back has been running his for a couple of weeks and having some good results

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.