Wiki Posts
Search

Tigermoth LCG V10

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How thick is the chassis.

I see a lot of flex in the middle of the chassis.

4mm?!? lol

Mentioned on here...I'm glad people are coming up with new shit.

looks goos i mean good.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

The real question is has the car been run? Losi did go to a slightly longer arm if I am correct, but this looks to be even shorter than the original JRXS. I had one of those cars, and i felt that the setup window was very small due to the arm length. Just made it easy to dial yourself out. The JRXS R does seem to be quite dialed though...
Old 04-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i'm just glad to see somebody thinking outside the box.. that said.. any lowering of the cg was negated by all that aluminum higher than the shocks added to cantilever the suspension... i'm still waiting for someone to use upper decks perpendicular to the primary chassis for stiffness.. parallel plates are in sheer to eachother and don't properly regulate the torsion of the chassis..
Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here is interesting information. This car is designed, developed, and manufactured HERE IN THE USA. The company is located in Richmond, NH.

I am looking at a magazine article now for this car. It is in the June 2009 issue of RC Car Action, in the very back of the magazine, before the Proline advertisement.

If this car is indeed designed, developed, and manufactured in the USA, I may have to support the home team. I mean CRC has built a VERY nice 10th scale pan car in my opinion. I am pretty sure this new kid on the block has done the same with this car.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
i'm just glad to see somebody thinking outside the box.. that said.. any lowering of the cg was negated by all that aluminum higher than the shocks added to cantilever the suspension... i'm still waiting for someone to use upper decks perpendicular to the primary chassis for stiffness.. parallel plates are in sheer to eachother and don't properly regulate the torsion of the chassis..
waiting? you missed the boat by about 10 years! Kawada SV-10 Alcyon had the VOLT (vertical something something something) - it's like driving an I-Beam on wheels around the track...
Old 04-17-2009, 04:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

if it's like an I beam, then you misunderstood my post.. I beams combine both parallel plates and a vertical plate handling both lateral rigidity and torsion.. but if there is just a bottom plate and a single vertical plate it would allow the materials to twist but in a controlled manner.. unlike our douple plate cars which are always in sheer and trying to tweak.. this is a conversation for another thread however..
Old 04-17-2009, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thirtybird
waiting? you missed the boat by about 10 years! Kawada SV-10 Alcyon had the VOLT (vertical something something something) - it's like driving an I-Beam on wheels around the track...
I believe it goes back even further. Didn't the AYK Radiant line of 4 wheel buggies have vertical plate chassis?
Old 04-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

As I remember yes they did. What I cant remember is if the AYK had a plate in it anywhere that was perpendicular to the vertical plates. If there is no perpendicular plate then it probably will tweak as well.

George has one. We should have a look at it.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
As I remember yes they did. What I cant remember is if the AYK had a plate in it anywhere that was perpendicular to the vertical plates. If there is no perpendicular plate then it probably will tweak as well.

George has one. We should have a look at it.
The pro radiant had a saddle pack lower plate, or at least it was an option.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

I hated those things. Now I cant remember if I really thought they were terrible or if I was just that much of a Turbo Optima fan.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I hated those things. Now I cant remember if I really thought they were terrible or if I was just that much of a Turbo Optima fan.
No i think you were just a huge fan because old kyo's were the shit
Old 06-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TigerMoth Racing LCG V10

Introducing the TigerMoth Racing LCG V10, The newest entry into the highly competitive world of 1/10th scale touring car racing. It brings with it the innovation to break free from the pack with progressive features like the ability to switch from upright to laydown suspension geometry and fully ball jointed arms for unlimited adjustment opportunities.

LCG V10 Features List

Innovative Features:
-Swappable between upright and lay down shock configuration,
-Replaceable droop screw plates save chassis wear,
-High strength extra wide nylon front bumper protects arms and shocks in impact,
-Fully ball jointed suspension arms for unlimited adjustment capability,
-All usual adjustments; castor, camber, toe, droop, ride height all adjustable with no additional parts,
-Hollow aluminum axles,
-Styrene core carbon fiber chassis, steering base plate, steering arm and upright shock towers,

Chassis:
-Super lightweight simple battery retainer,
-Single deck 4.5mm laminated rigid carbon fiber and styrene chassis plate gives super low center of gravity and light weight,
-Central inline motor, battery and servo for great weight transfer in cornering.
- Pocket style battery tray accepts new lithium as well as traditional NIMH batteries.
-Recessed motor and servo for low center of gravity,

Driveline:
-Lightweight hollow center shaft in sliding mounts allow adjustment of belt tension,
-Large 10 x 15mm diff bearings,
-MIP steel outer axles,
-Efficient 2 belt drive train with lightweight wide ball differentials,
-All axle pins have flats for positive setscrew fastening,

Suspension:
-High performance Ultralloy plastics,
-upper and lower suspension arms provide rigidity and reliably hold settings,
-Lower arms are 7075 aluminum with 3mm steel screws into ball joints.

Performance:
-47 specially CNC machined 7075 anodized aluminum parts,
-Full ball bearings included,
-Standard 3 and 4mm hardware,
-Adjustable Ackerman single arm steering rack,
-Delrin axle blades for long life and low driveline drag,

Go to TigerMothRacing.com today to check out all the latest news and products.

Make sure to check us out on Facebook!!!!

And always feel free to contact us ether via this forum or the e-mail on the website.
Attached Thumbnails Tigermoth LCG V10-dscn7047a.jpg   Tigermoth LCG V10-dscn7007i.jpg   Tigermoth LCG V10-dscn7002k.jpg  
Old 06-03-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tigermoth Racing
Introducing the TigerMoth Racing LCG V10, The newest entry into the highly competitive world of 1/10th scale touring car racing. It brings with it the innovation to break free from the pack with progressive features like the ability to switch from upright to laydown suspension geometry and fully ball jointed arms for unlimited adjustment opportunities.

LCG V10 Features List

Innovative Features:
-Swappable between upright and lay down shock configuration,
-Replaceable droop screw plates save chassis wear,
-High strength extra wide nylon front bumper protects arms and shocks in impact,
-Fully ball jointed suspension arms for unlimited adjustment capability,
-All usual adjustments; castor, camber, toe, droop, ride height all adjustable with no additional parts,
-Hollow aluminum axles,
-Styrene core carbon fiber chassis, steering base plate, steering arm and upright shock towers,

Chassis:
-Super lightweight simple battery retainer,
-Single deck 4.5mm laminated rigid carbon fiber and styrene chassis plate gives super low center of gravity and light weight,
-Central inline motor, battery and servo for great weight transfer in cornering.
- Pocket style battery tray accepts new lithium as well as traditional NIMH batteries.
-Recessed motor and servo for low center of gravity,

Driveline:
-Lightweight hollow center shaft in sliding mounts allow adjustment of belt tension,
-Large 10 x 15mm diff bearings,
-MIP steel outer axles,
-Efficient 2 belt drive train with lightweight wide ball differentials,
-All axle pins have flats for positive setscrew fastening,

Suspension:
-High performance Ultralloy plastics,
-upper and lower suspension arms provide rigidity and reliably hold settings,
-Lower arms are 7075 aluminum with 3mm steel screws into ball joints.

Performance:
-47 specially CNC machined 7075 anodized aluminum parts,
-Full ball bearings included,
-Standard 3 and 4mm hardware,
-Adjustable Ackerman single arm steering rack,
-Delrin axle blades for long life and low driveline drag,

Go to TigerMothRacing.com today to check out all the latest news and products.

Make sure to check us out on Facebook!!!!

And always feel free to contact us ether via this forum or the e-mail on the website.
Hey, hows it hangin', interested in the car if for no other reason than it is different (and know of others that also are interested). If I see one more same 'ole, same 'ole touring car I might pull my eyeballs out you know.

I think I speak for everyone in saying there is a bazillion questions. How are the short arms, wide diffs working out on asphalt? Super curious about the thick carbon over styrene chassis (and the lack of top deck needed), wish I didn't live so far away and could see one of the cars in person.

Have you done any races (or got it in the hands of someone to race), how is it stacking up against more traditional touring cars (especially with the lay down suspension)? Any video of one running available yet?

Will come up with more later if I am not beat to it by others.

Thanks
Old 06-04-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Rookie

Default TigerMoth Racing LCG V10

We are working on getting more info available to you guys so you can see the car in action and more in detail of how its features work.
The LCG was designed from the ground up to introduce some innovative new features in an interesting format and break out of the highly standardized layout of todays pro cars.

We are still doing testing with asphalt, but have had great results on carpet. We have had quite a few of the local hotshots run the car with great success and implimented many improvements right from local racers desires in a pro touring car. Our competition has been Corally and Xray and the car is definitly capable of running with those guys.

The chasis is a key element in this cars unique ability to run with only the lower deck. We recommend running the single lower deck on asphalt and adding the upper deck for carpet racing. There is just a touch of flex in the car with the single lower deck.

We will have more cars in stock next week and will be posting videos and more pix for you to see it in action!
Old 06-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

I'd like to think I could make anything work. This one looks interesting but the cantilevers look susceptible to damage in frontal impact. Interesting design. Servo location is way cool. Not quite enough battery holder for my packs. Question is , can you get parts for it? And are they costly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.