Search

Tigermoth LCG V10

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 07:10 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Isaac
Ok I am really looking at the car tonight in the pics and 1. how stiff is the bottom chassis with the laminated carbon fiber over styrene plastic, 2. the same for the shock towers as they are mounted low (stand up shocks) and the mounting points for the shocks being so high. Worried about movement and/or stiffness of the shock towers.
Isaac when I raced dirt oval years ago I had a chassis that was laminated graphite with balsa wood in the center. Man was that chassis stiff. If this chassis is anything like my old school graphite/balsa it whould be pretty stiff.

You know you want to be different so just order that car. Its all you.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Tuning with Shock Mounting Locations
On the front, laying the Shock down will make the Shock feel softer (as the car rolls) and will increase steering, but decrease damping. Standing the front Shock up will make the Shock feel stiffer (as the car rolls) and will decrease steering, but increase damping. On the rear, standing the Shock up will decrease traction (or add steering), but increase damping. Laying the rear shock down will increase traction, but decrease damping. As a rule, the more traction the track has, the more you can stand the Shocks up.

Hmmmm
Old 09-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tuning with Shock Mounting Locations
On the front, laying the Shock down will make the Shock feel softer (as the car rolls) and will increase steering, but decrease damping. Standing the front Shock up will make the Shock feel stiffer (as the car rolls) and will decrease steering, but increase damping. On the rear, standing the Shock up will decrease traction (or add steering), but increase damping. Laying the rear shock down will increase traction, but decrease damping. As a rule, the more traction the track has, the more you can stand the Shocks up.

Hmmmm
ISAAC!! Sup man! Get an AVID! $269.99 at www.speedtechrc.com!!

Back on topic:

I am leaning on buying this car shortly. Just need to make sure all the parts and option parts are in stock. I may use this car as my carpet rubber racer and my AVID as the carpet foam racer.

You can't go wrong with this car as well, Isaac. It looks damn great and built, manufactured, and designed here in the USA! Very innovative.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This would be my car every where for every track should I purchase.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:47 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

This would be my car every where for every track should I purchase.
Pull the trigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUY. Stimulate the economy some.

Look at it this way. We will have two different cars but no one else has them.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So anyone got one yet?? If so, tell us about it. Ease of maintenance and tuning, etc. Still looks like a great car although it would have been nice to see it be less expensive. I kinda thought it had a bit of borrowed technology so the R&D cost would be less.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
Pull the trigger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUY. Stimulate the economy some.

Look at it this way. We will have two different cars but no one else has them.
*Makes a dramatic slow motion dive towards the mouse to push it away* Noooooo!!!! *Die Hard explosion happens in the background*

Make that three different. I have an AVID. I love that car on asphalt!
Old 09-02-2009, 11:29 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by HarryN
*Makes a dramatic slow motion dive towards the mouse to push it away* Noooooo!!!! *Die Hard explosion happens in the background*

Make that three different. I have an AVID. I love that car on asphalt!
It is alot of fun running something not everyone has.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
It is alot of fun running something not everyone has.
Yeah it is... to a point. Getting parts is another matter... OYE!! I have to order parts if I break anything. And since I am just starting to learn the TC arena and handling these high speeds, I like parts availability when I break something. So there are ups and downs with being different from everyone else.

As far as this car, the Tigermoth, it looks like there is some very decent support for parts on it. That is a huge plus! But make sure that when you purchase the car, that you also get a good amount of spares. Definitely helps.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:40 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Yeah it is... to a point. Getting parts is another matter... OYE!! I have to order parts if I break anything. And since I am just starting to learn the TC arena and handling these high speeds, I like parts availability when I break something. So there are ups and downs with being different from everyone else.

As far as this car, the Tigermoth, it looks like there is some very decent support for parts on it. That is a huge plus! But make sure that when you purchase the car, that you also get a good amount of spares. Definitely helps.
Yes the down fall always be having parts. I don't break alot anymore so that is a plus but I do keep alot of stuff on hand for my E4.

Still I enjoy running something different and even more so when people tell me they don't work. If I listened to most I would of never got the E4. Well I'm glad I did because it works great for me and I enjoy running it.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wyd
Still I enjoy running something different and even more so when people tell me they don't work. If I listened to most I would of never got the E4. Well I'm glad I did because it works great for me and I enjoy running it.
I was told the same thing. And I agree. I love my car a ton. But you have to see it from their perspective. They know their cars well and are able to share information back and forth easily because everyone has the same car. So in terms of ease in tuning your car, they are very right.

But at the same time, it doesn't pay to be one sided either. Humanity would be very boring if there was only one ethnicity. Diversity is where it counts and keeps life interesting. Same with these TCs.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:33 PM
Tech Adept

Any reviews around?
Old 09-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ISAAC!! Sup man! Get an AVID! $269.99 at www.speedtechrc.com!!

Back on topic:

I am leaning on buying this car shortly. Just need to make sure all the parts and option parts are in stock. I may use this car as my carpet rubber racer and my AVID as the carpet foam racer.

You can't go wrong with this car as well, Isaac. It looks damn great and built, manufactured, and designed here in the USA! Very innovative.

Couple pieces of information I have learned about this car you may wish to know about :
I have been told that this car was designed to be run on foam - not so much rubber...
The laydown shock mount is best suited to smooth flowing tracks - gives the car a very gentle transition in smooth corners. I've also heard the "it handles like a pan car", don't know if it's true though.
The chasis is very stiff, and when combined with the upper deck was fairly flex-fee when I tried to twist it (my exact comment was "I've had skateboards with more flex")
I would be wary of the little bits that are made of the "oreo" CF. I saw a bellcrank delaminate in the first week of using it.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:01 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

I was told the same thing. And I agree. I love my car a ton. But you have to see it from their perspective. They know their cars well and are able to share information back and forth easily because everyone has the same car. So in terms of ease in tuning your car, they are very right.

But at the same time, it doesn't pay to be one sided either. Humanity would be very boring if there was only one ethnicity. Diversity is where it counts and keeps life interesting. Same with these TCs.
They can share more info but almost everything that works on one car will work on another. The only car I ever found to really be different in setups is the JRXS-R.

I still like running something different and really enjoy the challenge of getting the car to work. I have more satisfaction than if I run what everyone else has just to try to make it easy for me.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

No updates on their site for ages, the emails bounce too.

Must be vapour.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.