Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2002, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wink taking a little break

it's been awhile since the last time i was here...anyone here race 1/8 buggy ?
Old 03-06-2002, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Personally, I don't think a rear one-way has ANY benefits. I could be wrong since I haven't really tried it but, in something like my E/T-Maxx, when I installed a rear locker, it was great for climbing but sucked pretty much everywhere else. If you do try it, let us know how it works...

Clicker. We dabbled with the idea but really didn't know where to put it. The engineering and weight of such a device (adapted to our car) would probably outweigh the benefits. Losi and HPI both had clicker devices, but they used theirs on a transfer pulley that actually allowed the use of a beneficial one. There just isn't any place to put one. Well, now, I guess you could rig one on one of the center shaft pulleys....but, as we've seen before with center-shaft-one-ways, if its not EXTREMELY TRUE, you get massive shaft wobble, especially at really high rpm.

Ling: CRAPPY H13 tires??? What?? heh heh No comment.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:57 AM
dw
Tech Adept

Tphalen- I don't know if i ever came out but the tenth technology (predator) factory cars definitely used to have an adjustable one way on the shaft.
Old 03-06-2002, 10:55 AM
Tech Elite

Really??? I remember that car, but not the adjustable clicker shaft...hmmm....might have to look into that...
Old 03-06-2002, 12:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tphalen - about those wonderful H13 tires, what inserts were the key to last year's Reedy race? How do they compare to the Proline's own lowprofile insert?
Old 03-06-2002, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Well....after hearing everyone talk about a rear toe problem...i looked at my car and i have it too...the left side was toed in quite a bit more than the right.I had a new set of Graphite hubs that i put on, and i replaced the rear 3+2 block(as TPhalen suggested) and it was better, but left side was still off....should i replace the front block in the rear end?????
Old 03-07-2002, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Dragon Slayer...I would replace it just to make sure.

The inserts we used were the Echo Pinks, but cut down. It was such a pain in the ass....
Old 03-07-2002, 03:03 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Spur Gears

Hello Everyone,

What are your thoughts on this, if any.

I'm hearing that with a 24 degree 27T stock motor it's best to run a 88T 64 pitch spur and 100T 64 pitch spur with a MOD motor? The reason behind the 64 pitch spurs, more torque.

I'm personally running the 72T spur with my P2k but there some folks at the track that are running those 64 pitch spurs with P2K's. MVP and such.
Old 03-07-2002, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Is it just me, or is the TC3 kinda noisy??????

TPHalen.....I'll swap the front block and see if that helps?

Everybody that i race with has sold out and sold their TC3's and bought XXXS....why??????

Mike...i'm still running the 72 spur...may try 64 pitch though.
Old 03-07-2002, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Dragon Slayer
Is it just me, or is the TC3 kinda noisy??????

my TC3 makes hella grinding noises....its so annoying! i think somethings is wrong with my diffs
Old 03-07-2002, 05:57 PM
Tech Master

eBoi - Check your input shafts and make sure they aren't bent. Take the motor out of the gear mess and turn the spur gear slowly to see if the diffs will bind up at a certain point. If they do, the input shafts are bent and need to be replaced. Mine made one hell of a noise, and replacing the bent shafts with new ones fixed it all up and its good as new.

Also you may want to space the diffs differently in the diff case by adding or removing shims that sit under the big diff bearings.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-07-2002, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

To quiet up the car, open the diff cases and put a little Losi White Grease on the gears. This will make the gears MUCH quieter.
Old 03-07-2002, 06:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default tc3 vs t1

I was just wondering if you guys think that the tc3 or the xray t1 would be a better car. I am just a beginner and i am leaning either way. I am going to either buy the factory kit or the t1. Which should I get? Also which one do you think gets around the corners faster with more traction. when I do get my car I am going to race stock class and then move up to modified later. I am going to start out with a p2k2 pro, either a lrp 7.1 or a mtroniks m-sonik dash, 3000 cells, and a kind of cheap radio. Please help me if you have any sugjestions.
Old 03-07-2002, 06:40 PM
Tech Master

cantbestopped44 - If I was to chose between the T1 and the TC3 I would have to go with the TC3. Don't get me wrong, the T1 is a GREAT car and I've seen them in action and they perform very well, but the only thing wrong with it is parts availability. No stores here have parts for them and they would have to special order them. You can get TC3 parts in most hobbystores. Both car will hold traction in the corners when you get them set up right for your track. P2K2 is a good starting motor, but I suggest that you look into a Novak TC2 as your speed control (i've had really bad experiences with LRP and I haven't had one problem with Novak). Futaba Magnum sport w/ one standad servo is all you wil need. The T1 and the FTTC3 are about the same pricewise (last time I checked). The T1 is like a TC3 with all the IRS upgrades . I think you will have to base your decision on parts availability. You won't be disappointed with either car. Hope this helps you out and good luck!
Old 03-07-2002, 06:47 PM
Tech Initiate

has anyone ever used the mtroniks speed control. I think that they are a European company and thats the speed control I want (because it supplies good amps). what do you think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.