R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 12-20-2011, 07:58 AM   #11671
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

This may be a dumb question but will the Front One way for the Nitro TC3 fit in my electric version? I noticed they have different part #'s but can only seem to find the Nitro version.
DougH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:54 AM   #11672
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougH View Post
This may be a dumb question but will the Front One way for the Nitro TC3 fit in my electric version? I noticed they have different part #'s but can only seem to find the Nitro version.
There's not dumb questions. if you don't know, you don't know, so in response to your query, don't bother with a one way, it is useless, get a spool or keep the ball diff, you will save money.

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #11673
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougH View Post
They are not the same. The outdrives are longer on the nitro version although the internal parts should be the same because they have to fit into the same gearbox. One-ways are useful on courses where you don't have to use any brakes, such as wide-open layouts and ovals. I had a situation late last summer where a one-way gave me an advantage over a nearly equal car and helped me to a win. Whether or not it is useful to you will depend on the track and type of racing you are doing. But you don't find much demand for them anymore because most situations require functional brakes on all four wheels.
beemerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:43 PM   #11674
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerfan View Post
They are not the same. The outdrives are longer on the nitro version although the internal parts should be the same because they have to fit into the same gearbox. One-ways are useful on courses where you don't have to use any brakes, such as wide-open layouts and ovals. I had a situation late last summer where a one-way gave me an advantage over a nearly equal car and helped me to a win. Whether or not it is useful to you will depend on the track and type of racing you are doing. But you don't find much demand for them anymore because most situations require functional brakes on all four wheels.
What about spools ?? Where are they an advantage over one-ways or diffs?

"I've got 4 on the floor and a fifth under the seat"
TeamGoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #11675
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerfan View Post
Thanks for the info, I thought they might be different. I'm setting up a second car, I already have a one way in the 1st car as it suits my drving style (no brakes and I run VTA on a large track where momentum is critical)

Second car will be more of a drifter but may race it occasionally also.
DougH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:59 PM   #11676
Tech Master

I know this has been covered before, and I'm not entirely sure about my facts. I'm sure others will chime in. But from my experience a one-way allows more steering going into corners especially off-power because it steers like a two-wheel drive car. A spool, pushes going into turns but pulls very hard and has good on-power steering coming out of turns. Diffs are balanced and give you a little of everything. I usually run a diff and don't care much for spools on the TC3. But I have found situations where a one way can be an advantage. In VTA, I've experienced situations where I could hold a better line in a tight turn that exits into the straight away. Staying on the power exiting the turn allowed the car to "lurch" forward once the front wheels engaged. It creates enough momentum to pass a car of equal speed, which is usually the case in VTA.
Old 12-25-2011, 12:51 AM   #11677
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com View Post
Is there a consensus on the best aluminum steering blocks? I'd like to get a couple of sets. Tired of the ball end stripping out on my TC3's. I see some on ebay, but I don't know what's good and what isn't. Thanks!
Try putting a drop of CA on the thread before you fit the screw/ball joint. Helps to keep the screw in place. Make sure none of it gets on the small bush or outside of the shoulder. It works for me, but I'll have a look for those Losi parts!

Happy Christmas to all the TC3 addicts out there!

Just noticed, my first post in over 7 years of membership, how sad!
malkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:27 AM   #11678
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you really want to fit the ntc3 one way in your tc3, you can cut the outdrives short and make it work... Experienced drivers hardly use any brakes in wide open tracks, and you shouldn't let a one way go to waist ,if that's all you have to run your tc3 !!!
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #11679
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

When i run 17.5 boosted geared at 6.5 with a tekin RS it seems to want to drag brake off the back sweeper. I dont have the drag brake on has anyone run push control? On my friends TC6 you really cant tell as bad maybe becuase it has belts and theres some slop,etc..
Old 12-25-2011, 12:16 PM   #11680
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have the same issue with my tc4, and I have my subtrim throttle up until the car will want to start crawling foward at neutral . It helps the car roll better in corners, and also fights traction roll a bit.... Laptimes also improve !
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:54 PM   #11681
Tech Addict

thanks looks like ill fiddle around with the push control.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #11682
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmdesertracer View Post
thanks looks like ill fiddle around with the push control.
Hi, try 23/25 of push on the RS to start.

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #11683
Tech Addict

thanks ill start from there!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:29 AM   #11684
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)
Default ?

I have a question for all of the faithful TC3 / TC4 racers.

I remeber back in the day there was a special was to shim the diffs I know there were little tricks to the trade can some one tell any special things that will help getting the diffs ultra butter smooth. I think you had to trim some plastic off of the diff housings and use some niftech tc3 stuff but I'm not sure.

http://niftech.com/

Thanks for your time and help
RED-LINE M03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #11685
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03 View Post
I have a question for all of the faithful TC3 / TC4 racers.

I remeber back in the day there was a special was to shim the diffs I know there were little tricks to the trade can some one tell any special things that will help getting the diffs ultra butter smooth. I think you had to trim some plastic off of the diff housings and use some niftech tc3 stuff but I'm not sure.

http://niftech.com/

Thanks for your time and help
I've experimented with different shimming options and always wind up back to what the instruction manual says. I think it is the way to go. I do believe the requirements are different between plastic or metal diffs.