Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Old 10-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just get a Robinson racing 64p a 75 Spur and a 53 pinion with out modifications if you need to go that low
Old 10-29-2010, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed
Just get a Robinson racing 64p a 75 Spur and a 53 pinion with out modifications if you need to go that low
Thanks . might give that a try, but the guys at the hobby shop look at you like you have 2 heads when you ask for that large of a pinion.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14
Thanks . might give that a try, but the guys at the hobby shop look at you like you have 2 heads when you ask for that large of a pinion.
haha... I can imagine... last weekend I saw a guy with a TC5 running a 58T pinion (64P); I think the pinion was a ASP brand of something like that and I probably make the same face when I saw that

that setup is only if you really need to go that low of FDR, with the 75 Spur the smallest pinion you can use is the 50T or larger.

Robinson racing makes the bigger pinion but after 47 they jump by 3... 47 - 50 -53

BMI racing makes all the numbers, 51, 52, etc...

But just something I just remember, there is a modification you need to do to the chassis, and is cut the webbing on the chassis right below where the pinion rotates. it doesn't take much. Also I shaved a little to the division/wall from the spur opening slot to the pinion area... that is not really necesary but it was just me that wanted to see some more room

you'll see what i'm talking about when you start doing it and see where all parts will rotate. took me about 10 min. to do all that i took the entrerear suspension/diff out so I can have better access.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Im trying to pick up some aluminum shock towers and F and R arms for my tc3. In aluminum and silver in color.
Can anyone here sell or reccomend a spot that sells them? I just cant find silver.

thanks,
Pete
Old 10-29-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

haha... I can imagine... last weekend I saw a guy with a TC5 running a 58T pinion (64P); I think the pinion was a ASP brand of something like that and I probably make the same face when I saw that

that setup is only if you really need to go that low of FDR, with the 75 Spur the smallest pinion you can use is the 50T or larger.

Robinson racing makes the bigger pinion but after 47 they jump by 3... 47 - 50 -53

BMI racing makes all the numbers, 51, 52, etc...

But just something I just remember, there is a modification you need to do to the chassis, and is cut the webbing on the chassis right below where the pinion rotates. it doesn't take much. Also I shaved a little to the division/wall from the spur opening slot to the pinion area... that is not really necesary but it was just me that wanted to see some more room

you'll see what i'm talking about when you start doing it and see where all parts will rotate. took me about 10 min. to do all that i took the entrerear suspension/diff out so I can have better access.
Haha! That 58T was massive! Mimi should have my 54T to get me at the 3.7 FDR mark. Good luck at Debbies this weekend.

AJ
Old 10-29-2010, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Aahj
Haha! That 58T was massive! Mimi should have my 54T to get me at the 3.7 FDR mark. Good luck at Debbies this weekend.

AJ
Thanks man!
I think should be ok once you get that.
Forgot to ask you how heavy is your car? If is heavier then mine probably that's why I was pulling out
But I don't think thts the case, since mine is heavy...1450g I think. Your should be lighter unless you added weights
Old 10-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

we have up to 64 pitch 65 teeth!

Old 10-29-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stitchy
we have up to 64 pitch 65 teeth!

Wow! that will be aos a 1:1 ratio
BTW...Good stuff on sale for the TC3...might have to pick some parts now
Old 10-29-2010, 08:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks man!
I think should be ok once you get that.
Forgot to ask you how heavy is your car? If is heavier then mine probably that's why I was pulling out
But I don't think thts the case, since mine is heavy...1450g I think. Your should be lighter unless you added weights
That's a good question. Honestly, I haven't weighed it. I'll find out this weekend.

AJ
Old 10-30-2010, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aahj
That's a good question. Honestly, I haven't weighed it. I'll find out this weekend.

AJ
I had my Tc3 down to 1365 ready to run.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Hi TC3 racers,

I am new in the sedan class, I bought a TC3 that I plan to run in a 17.5 sotck class we have at our track.

I already have a Balistic 17.5 with a Novac Havoc speed.
I will run it with rubber tires and a lipo battery.

So I'm looking for a good baseline set-up on a high grip carpet track.
I usualy run TCS classes, Mini and GT2, so I need insides on AE cars.

Best regards
Old 11-06-2010, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

No one???
Old 11-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Master

Default Short wheelbase.

I'm sure this has been asked some where before, but I've been unsuccessful in searching for it.

I bought a new HPI body for my TC3, but the wheelbase of the chassis is too long. I've already moved both of the spacers to the rear on the back hubs, but it's still not close enough. I thought about sanding the inside edge of the a-arm and adding additional shims to the opposite side, but im not even sure that will be enough.

Does anyone know of a way to get the wheelbase to match up correctly?

Thanks in advance,
melon
Old 11-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by angrymelon
I'm sure this has been asked some where before, but I've been unsuccessful in searching for it.

I bought a new HPI body for my TC3, but the wheelbase of the chassis is too long. I've already moved both of the spacers to the rear on the back hubs, but it's still not close enough. I thought about sanding the inside edge of the a-arm and adding additional shims to the opposite side, but im not even sure that will be enough.

Does anyone know of a way to get the wheelbase to match up correctly?

Thanks in advance,
melon
Simple answer: Choose a different body.

Second opinion: Be more concerned with the performance of the car and less about the looks, especially if you're racing.

If that doesn't help, then grind on the cheapest part to replace.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
Simple answer: Choose a different body.

Second opinion: Be more concerned with the performance of the car and less about the looks, especially if you're racing.

If that doesn't help, then grind on the cheapest part to replace.
If it was easy for me to find one that fit without issue I'd consider it, but having a lack of local shops with on-road bodies makes it difficult. Since I've already got the body and it's the one I wanted, I'd like to use it.

This is just a drift car, so for me the performance comes second to the scale looks.

What I was hoping for is that someone might know of some other a-arms or hubs that might work for my intended purpose. I've seen this type of ingenuity with other cars, and was hoping to get a lucky break. I did read that the TC4 had an adjustable wheelbase both front and rear. I don't know enough about the TC4 to know if any of it's suspension components are backwards compatible.

Thanks for responding!
melon

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.