R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #11461
Tech Master
 
RC-ProSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Just get a Robinson racing 64p a 75 Spur and a 53 pinion with out modifications if you need to go that low
__________________
RCRNV (www.rcrnv.com) / *Keep On-Road alive!*
- Nitro Touring - Kyosho EVO 2 WC
- Electric - TC6 (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
- F1 - F103RM (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
RC-ProSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:10 AM   #11462
Tech Elite
 
hotrodchevy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed View Post
Just get a Robinson racing 64p a 75 Spur and a 53 pinion with out modifications if you need to go that low
Thanks . might give that a try, but the guys at the hobby shop look at you like you have 2 heads when you ask for that large of a pinion.
hotrodchevy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #11463
Tech Master
 
RC-ProSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14 View Post
Thanks . might give that a try, but the guys at the hobby shop look at you like you have 2 heads when you ask for that large of a pinion.
haha... I can imagine... last weekend I saw a guy with a TC5 running a 58T pinion (64P); I think the pinion was a ASP brand of something like that and I probably make the same face when I saw that

that setup is only if you really need to go that low of FDR, with the 75 Spur the smallest pinion you can use is the 50T or larger.

Robinson racing makes the bigger pinion but after 47 they jump by 3... 47 - 50 -53

BMI racing makes all the numbers, 51, 52, etc...

But just something I just remember, there is a modification you need to do to the chassis, and is cut the webbing on the chassis right below where the pinion rotates. it doesn't take much. Also I shaved a little to the division/wall from the spur opening slot to the pinion area... that is not really necesary but it was just me that wanted to see some more room

you'll see what i'm talking about when you start doing it and see where all parts will rotate. took me about 10 min. to do all that i took the entrerear suspension/diff out so I can have better access.
__________________
RCRNV (www.rcrnv.com) / *Keep On-Road alive!*
- Nitro Touring - Kyosho EVO 2 WC
- Electric - TC6 (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
- F1 - F103RM (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
RC-ProSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:05 PM   #11464
Tech Fanatic
 
RC Corral's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Waukesha, Wisconsin
Posts: 777
Default

Im trying to pick up some aluminum shock towers and F and R arms for my tc3. In aluminum and silver in color.
Can anyone here sell or reccomend a spot that sells them? I just cant find silver.

thanks,
Pete
RC Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:47 PM   #11465
Tech Apprentice
 
Aahj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 82
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed View Post
haha... I can imagine... last weekend I saw a guy with a TC5 running a 58T pinion (64P); I think the pinion was a ASP brand of something like that and I probably make the same face when I saw that

that setup is only if you really need to go that low of FDR, with the 75 Spur the smallest pinion you can use is the 50T or larger.

Robinson racing makes the bigger pinion but after 47 they jump by 3... 47 - 50 -53

BMI racing makes all the numbers, 51, 52, etc...

But just something I just remember, there is a modification you need to do to the chassis, and is cut the webbing on the chassis right below where the pinion rotates. it doesn't take much. Also I shaved a little to the division/wall from the spur opening slot to the pinion area... that is not really necesary but it was just me that wanted to see some more room

you'll see what i'm talking about when you start doing it and see where all parts will rotate. took me about 10 min. to do all that i took the entrerear suspension/diff out so I can have better access.
Haha! That 58T was massive! Mimi should have my 54T to get me at the 3.7 FDR mark. Good luck at Debbies this weekend.

AJ
__________________
http://www.ajnealeyracing.com
Aahj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 01:43 PM   #11466
Tech Master
 
RC-ProSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahj View Post
Haha! That 58T was massive! Mimi should have my 54T to get me at the 3.7 FDR mark. Good luck at Debbies this weekend.

AJ
Thanks man!
I think should be ok once you get that.
Forgot to ask you how heavy is your car? If is heavier then mine probably that's why I was pulling out
But I don't think thts the case, since mine is heavy...1450g I think. Your should be lighter unless you added weights
__________________
RCRNV (www.rcrnv.com) / *Keep On-Road alive!*
- Nitro Touring - Kyosho EVO 2 WC
- Electric - TC6 (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
- F1 - F103RM (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
RC-ProSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:28 PM   #11467
Tech Elite
 
stitchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,794
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

we have up to 64 pitch 65 teeth!

__________________
Speedtechhobbies.com
stitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 02:50 PM   #11468
Tech Master
 
RC-ProSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchy View Post
we have up to 64 pitch 65 teeth!

Wow! that will be aos a 1:1 ratio
BTW...Good stuff on sale for the TC3...might have to pick some parts now
__________________
RCRNV (www.rcrnv.com) / *Keep On-Road alive!*
- Nitro Touring - Kyosho EVO 2 WC
- Electric - TC6 (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
- F1 - F103RM (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
RC-ProSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #11469
Tech Apprentice
 
Aahj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 82
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-ProSpeed View Post
Thanks man!
I think should be ok once you get that.
Forgot to ask you how heavy is your car? If is heavier then mine probably that's why I was pulling out
But I don't think thts the case, since mine is heavy...1450g I think. Your should be lighter unless you added weights
That's a good question. Honestly, I haven't weighed it. I'll find out this weekend.

AJ
__________________
http://www.ajnealeyracing.com
Aahj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 02:33 AM   #11470
Tech Elite
 
DaveW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 2,960
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aahj View Post
That's a good question. Honestly, I haven't weighed it. I'll find out this weekend.

AJ
I had my Tc3 down to 1365 ready to run.
__________________
...you better run like im booger flickin...
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #11471
Tech Adept
 
Starteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi TC3 racers,

I am new in the sedan class, I bought a TC3 that I plan to run in a 17.5 sotck class we have at our track.

I already have a Balistic 17.5 with a Novac Havoc speed.
I will run it with rubber tires and a lipo battery.

So I'm looking for a good baseline set-up on a high grip carpet track.
I usualy run TCS classes, Mini and GT2, so I need insides on AE cars.

Best regards
__________________
Ride it like you stole it!!!!!!

Tamiya TRF417V5 SEDAN Racer - Tamiya 416X VTA Racer - Tamiya TRF 416X USGT Racer -Tamiya M05 V2 PRO Racer.
Starteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 08:36 AM   #11472
Tech Adept
 
Starteur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 240
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

No one???
__________________
Ride it like you stole it!!!!!!

Tamiya TRF417V5 SEDAN Racer - Tamiya 416X VTA Racer - Tamiya TRF 416X USGT Racer -Tamiya M05 V2 PRO Racer.
Starteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:40 PM   #11473
Tech Fanatic
 
angrymelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Short wheelbase.

I'm sure this has been asked some where before, but I've been unsuccessful in searching for it.

I bought a new HPI body for my TC3, but the wheelbase of the chassis is too long. I've already moved both of the spacers to the rear on the back hubs, but it's still not close enough. I thought about sanding the inside edge of the a-arm and adding additional shims to the opposite side, but im not even sure that will be enough.

Does anyone know of a way to get the wheelbase to match up correctly?

Thanks in advance,
melon
angrymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:44 PM   #11474
Tech Master
 
Buckaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 1,503
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymelon View Post
I'm sure this has been asked some where before, but I've been unsuccessful in searching for it.

I bought a new HPI body for my TC3, but the wheelbase of the chassis is too long. I've already moved both of the spacers to the rear on the back hubs, but it's still not close enough. I thought about sanding the inside edge of the a-arm and adding additional shims to the opposite side, but im not even sure that will be enough.

Does anyone know of a way to get the wheelbase to match up correctly?

Thanks in advance,
melon
Simple answer: Choose a different body.

Second opinion: Be more concerned with the performance of the car and less about the looks, especially if you're racing.

If that doesn't help, then grind on the cheapest part to replace.
__________________
Tom Keith

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:56 PM   #11475
Tech Fanatic
 
angrymelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 814
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
Simple answer: Choose a different body.

Second opinion: Be more concerned with the performance of the car and less about the looks, especially if you're racing.

If that doesn't help, then grind on the cheapest part to replace.
If it was easy for me to find one that fit without issue I'd consider it, but having a lack of local shops with on-road bodies makes it difficult. Since I've already got the body and it's the one I wanted, I'd like to use it.

This is just a drift car, so for me the performance comes second to the scale looks.

What I was hoping for is that someone might know of some other a-arms or hubs that might work for my intended purpose. I've seen this type of ingenuity with other cars, and was hoping to get a lucky break. I did read that the TC4 had an adjustable wheelbase both front and rear. I don't know enough about the TC4 to know if any of it's suspension components are backwards compatible.

Thanks for responding!
melon
angrymelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to the forum mig rod Electric Off-Road 1 01-05-2008 04:23 PM
hi i need help and im new to the forum racer4 Rookie Zone 4 01-21-2007 01:37 PM
Why is this forum listed under the On Road Forum? sport10 Onroad Nitro Engine Zone 0 01-11-2007 07:06 AM
Forum Changes... futureal Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 3 10-28-2002 08:26 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:30 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net