R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-12-2002, 09:08 AM   #1051
Tech Apprentice

Default Ti bits

Hey everyone remember my post about the Ti diffs, ball studs etc.
well found out they also do Ti pinions quite cheap from what I hear.
I may just get those to lighten up the drivetrain as well as the ball studs. as they are also quite light and use allen divers for attachment in stead of nut drivers

www.titaniumracing.com check them out.
Buda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 09:14 AM   #1052
Tech Apprentice

Default Tweak

Is ther any other way to check amount of tweak other than using a tweak station?
Old 02-12-2002, 09:37 AM   #1053
Tech Elite

Default Re: snettterton track and Reedy Intl.

Quote:
Originally posted by Buda
Talk to Corse-R he did the Reedy intl here. Controll tire for the track is the HPI belted slick B15-40 compound. They have a smallish shop here as well. Not many TC3 spares but usually have some bits. They are in the process of doing up an off road track now also
Yeah! one of the best tracks I've seen. Big, ample and with different kinds of turns. In fact one of the most fun tracks I've raced on the past year. My own 'personal nemesis' on those track was the Control Tyre (ProLine 1095 'B'- quite simmilar to H13 compound) used and the type of insert to use (I've ended using the stock ProLine blue foam, that everyone sends to trash).

Buda: when the Reedy Intl, was held, on the other side of the podium there was some kind of hole carved on the ground with a big (really big) banked turn. Is this the 'future' Off-Road track?

Talk to Tristan Guest about those mad Spanish guys that went to the Reedy and needed to send to them by mail the trophies (we almost missed the flight). We expect to see some UK guys on the Reedy Intl. held at Spain.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 10:40 AM   #1054
Tech Apprentice

Yea that is where it is to be dont know when it will be done however. probably still in the same state as you saw it.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:22 PM   #1055
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to Airwide Send a message via MSN to Airwide
Default Bodies for low grip carpet tracks

TP - What's you opinion regarding bodies on low grip carpet tracks? At the last race I tested the Andy's type B Stratus, and it felt better than Pf Stratus because it has more steering. I have to do some more testing though, to tune in the car for the Andy's body.

Thing is, I have a hard time to find enough steering with the Pf Stratus on low grip carpet.

What do you think?
Airwide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 12:56 PM   #1056
Tech Elite

Default Re: Bodies for low grip carpet tracks

Quote:
Originally posted by Airwide
TP - What's you opinion regarding bodies on low grip carpet tracks? At the last race I tested the Andy's type B Stratus, and it felt better than Pf Stratus because it has more steering. I have to do some more testing though, to tune in the car for the Andy's body.
Arvid:

Have you tried to use an Accord body or Alfa 156? Alfas are the most steerer bodies you can get actually excepting those who have side dams.

When things go wrong I test some things like putting the battery on a forward position and changing my Pf stratus to a Accord or Alfa body.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Old 02-12-2002, 01:21 PM   #1057
Tech Adept

Corse-R - I want as much downforce as possible, and although the PF alfa has more steering than the PF Stratus, it has less downforce.
Old 02-12-2002, 01:52 PM   #1058
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Airwide
Corse-R - I want as much downforce as possible, and although the PF alfa has more steering than the PF Stratus, it has less downforce.
Uhmmm, more downforce.... Have you tried to play with the body level raising the rear or lowering the front? seems a stupidity, but sometimes lowering a little on the front or raising the rear (if your body posts allows you to) solves that problems.

Just my .02 Euro cents. ().
Old 02-12-2002, 02:19 PM   #1059
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

2 things....

1) how much is .02 Euro cents actually worth???

and

2) LOW-GRIP CARPET???? Isn't that an oxi-moron??? heh heh

You can try the Accord, Alfa, or, we've found, even the Vauxall works good. It has more steering than the Stratus but still very stable. I'm assuming (from your post) that the low-grip is the front end, so, you need more steering. We've played with the rear camber link, moving it to the upper outside hole. Helped pivot the car quite a bit. And, we've experimented with putting small spacers (.100) under both of the arm mounts (4 spacers total). This also help the car steer, without upsetting it. Of course, this was done with the Stratus body, so, who knows what it'll do with another body!!!

Give it a try.
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 02:25 PM   #1060
Tech Adept

TP - We are not allowed to use tire additives so it's low grip at both ends. I think both the Vectra and the Alfa has less downforce.

What's your experience with the andy's bodies?
Old 02-12-2002, 02:45 PM   #1061
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to wolfeman09 Send a message via Yahoo to wolfeman09

RCRUV > Yes you want to run both sway bars at SoCal Especially since SoCal is a high traction surface.

Everyone > Another shock question. I know when you rebuild the shock you get the rebound. Is this rebound suppose to last? I check the shocks the other day when i was changing springs and when i pushed them in, they just stayed there with no rebound. Is it time to rebuild them again?

Thanks in advance...
wolfeman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 02:57 PM   #1062
Tech Adept

well it could be time to rebuild your shocks again, they either have lost a little bit of oil or the friction between the shaft and seal is too great to allow rebound.
patcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2002, 03:03 PM   #1063
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TPhalen

1) how much is .02 Euro cents actually worth???
About 1.8 US$ cents.
Old 02-12-2002, 03:08 PM   #1064
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by wolfeman09
Everyone > Another shock question. I know when you rebuild the shock you get the rebound. Is this rebound suppose to last? I check the shocks the other day when i was changing springs and when i pushed them in, they just stayed there with no rebound. Is it time to rebuild them again?
Uhmmmm good question. If I got a good setup for a given track I try to use the previous settings. My rebound lasts long time. If you're losing rebound maybe caused to too much bottoming suspension.

I use a little trick to avoid such bottoming. I use the inner springs that losi shocks can use on the innards of the oil chamber.

I put on the shock shaft (on the part that wents free to air). Sometimes this has saved me to do a traction roll due to the high traction and susp. bottoming.
Old 02-12-2002, 03:13 PM   #1065
Tech Apprentice

Sunt you a pm Course