Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Old 02-11-2002, 07:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Here here Tony....

Has anyone noticed a tad bit of a tight fit when you put your diffs in the housing? I was working all weekend on making the drivetrain as free as possible, and found that the diff housing tends to pinch the diff bearings. I got the trusty dremel out and was able to take away some of the pinch, but I was afraid to hack at it too much. I will say this much, by removing the bearing shields, it made a night and day difference. I just wish there was a way to remove all of the pinching cause then the car would roll for ever.
Old 02-11-2002, 07:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by OUTofCONTROL
Here here Tony....

Has anyone noticed a tad bit of a tight fit when you put your diffs in the housing? I was working all weekend on making the drivetrain as free as possible, and found that the diff housing tends to pinch the diff bearings. I got the trusty dremel out and was able to take away some of the pinch, but I was afraid to hack at it too much. I will say this much, by removing the bearing shields, it made a night and day difference. I just wish there was a way to remove all of the pinching cause then the car would roll for ever.
Uhmmmm, seems that AE should revise the diff housing molds. I noticed this on the last two kits I've bought.

It don't need the metal shims that come to the outdrives. As system, on all my kits I remove the inner shielding of some BB's (the diff BB's are the first that I do this 'technique', the next are the inner BB of the front input shaft, it's completely sealed, after that it don't need to have any shielding). Every tad of binding counts.
Old 02-11-2002, 08:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default TP

You said you cant go wrong with a digital servo, I am between the KO and Hitec high speed digtal servos both around .08 sec. and 118 oz" any recomendations? Does anyone use these two models I belive the hitec is 5925 and ko is 2173 or 2743
Old 02-11-2002, 08:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Corse- Was it the plastic diffs that you noticed this on? It maybe that the plastic expands more than the others???

That was just my thought.
Old 02-11-2002, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Did I say that about a Digital Servo??? Hmmm...I don't remember that. Maybe I did. I know that the digi-servos can cause some serious glitching which sucks when you spend $100 for one!!!

The Airtronics servos are what I use. 357's and 358's. I know, I know, overkill for a sedan....

Which one. I've driven a car with a KO servo and the thing was wicked. Liked it alot. Never had the same experience with any other servo .

So, what's the thought on Hara going to Schumacher??? Guess the Pro3 was harder to run than he thought....
Old 02-11-2002, 08:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

though you had said digital servos were good. its my understanding that they center really well, any way the guys where I race really seem to love the ko servos but then I am in england where they are made, check out stormer hobbies and look at the ko's cant remember the exact ko model but it was something like that
Old 02-11-2002, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh, it's possible I said that...

They also make a funny sound....but, your competition will KNOW you have a digi-servo...might provide a little mental challenge for them...
Old 02-11-2002, 09:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

yea but first I need to get out of the lower heats got hit by the same guy in the rear 2x on 1st heat 3 x on second heat then he broke his car. clean laps were about 14 sec. when I made mistake or "inter fered with 25-30 sec waiting for marshals
Old 02-11-2002, 09:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

but then again I still am a beginner but it will be easyier to move up with out all that traffic, I try to stay out of it but its hard as we have a really small tight narrow track on some tights/hairpin turns lanes get down to 3 feet max
Old 02-11-2002, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by BLAZN420
HAAAAHAAAA!!!! barney!!!

sure you havent broken anything, lier.....

and if you think you dont ever have to adjust your diffs after you build them and put them in the car, your slow.

sounds like you dont know enough to even be a racer.....

you probably have a AM radio and reverse to..

ill stop, your not even worth talkn trash to, late barno
I didn't say I haven't broken anything...what I said was I have never broken a suspension arm. Read the post next time.

My car sure is slow...thats why it got clocked at 32.1 mph with a stock motor.

I've been in onroad for one year...and I think im doing pretty good...and I've learn alot too.

My M8 LIMITED EDITION just came in this week. So there will be no need for my AM radio anymore.

Heres a pic of my car with my TC2 speed control with reverse that I got novak to make special...just for me.

Yours truely,

Barno

Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-00_00057.jpg  
Old 02-11-2002, 09:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

when the weather gets nicer I will go to Snetterton UK as I am stationed over here and its just right around the corner, will be able to use the 12x2 as it is wide open and nothing major to hit
Really nice track
Old 02-11-2002, 09:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

I may try and get a picture of it to post for you all, the indoor track. staight is may be 30-40 feet at most with a tight infield
racing on astro turff wich I would say is basicly like dusty carpet as it is a sports hall and it brings in a bit of dust from peoples shoes
Old 02-11-2002, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by OUTofCONTROL
Corse- Was it the plastic diffs that you noticed this on? It maybe that the plastic expands more than the others???
Nope.... I used plastic diffs on the last 3 TC3 kits I've own, the last 2 come with plastic diffs and in the last two I noticed that I needed to exercise more pressure to install the diffs on their housings and no need to use the shims on the diffs. Strange.... very strange.
Old 02-11-2002, 09:21 AM
Tech Master

And here is a pic of my car and my two trophies I won this year. I only entered two big races and ran the series championship at our local track One is for 5th place at the regionals, and the other is 3rd for the entire season at our local club (about 20 races). Consistency counts.

Although this is probably nothing compared to what you have...I'm proud of them! It is only my first year racing, and there are alot more to come!

Yours truely,

Barno
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-00_00052.jpg  
Old 02-11-2002, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TPhalen
The Airtronics servos are what I use. 357's and 358's. I know, I know, overkill for a sedan...

So, what's the thought on Hara going to Schumacher??? Guess the Pro3 was harder to run than he thought....
TP> A .357??? a big weapon for your weapon. Have you checked the 'Dirty Harry special edition'?

I use on my sedans Futaba 9450 servos. Using some behemoths like those (111oz & .09 sec) isn't superficial, it's a need, those little tyres put a lot of stress on the steering.

Hara going to Schumacher? If this confirmed is the fourth car maker that this guy visits since their WC title. If this confirms, could be funny to see that Hara don't have car to run the WC and assisting to the WC as a 'privateer' (because is a real prick, he was very good at Yokomo as a second driver but it wanted to be the 'boss'), a part of my 'dream':

-----------------------8<-------------------------------
Final K Main:
Pos Name Team
10 Atsushi Hara Ind.
-----------------------8<-------------------------------

Have you noticed that this guy isn't on my favourite list?

Last edited by Corse-R; 02-11-2002 at 09:34 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.