R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-10-2002, 05:36 PM   #1006
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by rcruv

Doesn't it fall out?
Nope! I put the transponder in the bumper and threw it into the wall 4 times and it didn't fall out. Very tight fit. The mount will help to hold it down in a hard hit....which happens alot at my track.

Quote:
Originally posted by over gear

how do u cut the slot? looks good!
With a xacto knife. I put the transponder on there and cut a outline around it, then I cut deeper vertically, and then horizontally to take the chunks of it out. Worked pretty good.

Quote:
Originally posted by over gear

hey, are you running 2WD? where is the shaft?
I forgot to put it back in...D'oH!
Modena AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 06:07 PM   #1007
Tech Regular

I just got back from a local parking lot.
Wow, they really need to wash the surface time to time.
Now I have to wash it thoroughly again.

BTW, what pinion (48pitch) are you guys using for 10T double?

I've been using 20 for weeks and it didn't have much problem in a small track but motor gets really hot in a larger track.
And pretty slow compared to other cars.

So I put in 22 and motor gets really hot in a large track after a 5 min.
But it makes my car to go really fast.

Should I be able to touch the motor and be compatiable or burning hot can be ok?

Would 21 tooth pinion make it run cooler?

Thanks for the help.
rcruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 07:54 PM   #1008
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Enjoy your new car! Good luck!

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 07:55 PM   #1009
Tech Legend

Don`t worry fellow tc-3 racer`s ...

I gona put out blaze`s fire this comin Thursday...

Stay tune....
Wild Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 08:20 PM   #1010
Tech Initiate

I need some help with building my TC3 shocks. I have tried building the several time with no luck. I followed the instructions word for word and everytime I get the aluminum shock caps screwed on and pump the shock shaft up/down there seems to be air trapped inside. I have this vaccum tool from RIDE that I use to suck all the air out of the shocks before putting the caps on, but it doesn't seem to help. I don't have the original instruction book, but I followed the instructions on their site. Are the instruction correct? Should I use shock bladders? Thanks...

http://www.teamassociated.com/basics...s/tips_oil.htm

How to fill your shocks with oil:

1 Holding the shock upright, fill with oil to the top of the shock body.

2 Slowly move the shaft up and down several times to allow air bubbles to escape to the top.

3 Refill with oil to the top of the shock body.

4 Push the shaft in until the piston is level with top of shock body. The oil will slightly bulge up above the shock body.

5 Install the shock cap and tighten. There should be no gap between the cap and the hex portion of the shock body when tight.

6 Move the shock shaft in and out a few times and then push it all the way in. It should be easy to push the shaft in until the eyelet hits the body.

7 Then the shaft should push itself out approximately 1/4" to 3/8" (6.3mm-9.5mm).

If the shock does not push out this far, there is not enough oil in them. Add just a little oil and try steps 6-7 again.

If the shocks push out farther than the distance in step 7, or you cannot push the shaft in until the eyelet hits the body, there is too much oil. Loosen the cap a half turn (with the shaft extended) and pump out a small amount of oil by pushing the shaft in. Retighten the cap and try steps 6-7 again.
Agent99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 08:21 PM   #1011
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to wolfeman09 Send a message via Yahoo to wolfeman09

Quote:
Originally posted by BLAZN420
sure has been fun beating up on all those tc3s since I got my new losi.....

and the car is 6 for 6 in national events since the release in the hands of the team drivers....

the tc3 is done!!!!!losi rules....
Mmmmm, yaaa, Get the **** out of here with that crap. There is no need for that.
wolfeman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 08:40 PM   #1012
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by wolfeman09

Mmmmm, yaaa, Get the **** out of here with that crap. There is no need for that.
Amen. His post has now made me never want to buy a losi car EVER.
Old 02-10-2002, 08:46 PM   #1013
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Agent99
I need some help with building my TC3 shocks. I have tried building the several time with no luck. I followed the instructions word for word and everytime I get the aluminum shock caps screwed on and pump the shock shaft up/down there seems to be air trapped inside. I have this vaccum tool from RIDE that I use to suck all the air out of the shocks before putting the caps on, but it doesn't seem to help. I don't have the original instruction book, but I followed the instructions on their site. Are the instruction correct? Should I use shock bladders? Thanks...

7 Then the shaft should push itself out approximately 1/4" to 3/8" (6.3mm-9.5mm).
Those steps you had listed are correct. Except on step 7... I thought that it had to rebound all the way...I may be wrong.

why do you think there is still air trapped in there? The only thing that I can think is when you pump the shaft to get the air bubbles out make sure the piston doesnt break the surface or more air will get sucked under. Then refil it to the very top slowly. I hope this helps

Last edited by Modena AL; 02-10-2002 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-10-2002, 09:15 PM   #1014
Tech Regular

You might want to check your shock shaft if it's scratched or seal in the shock body damaged.

Or you shouldn't move shaft up and down too fast with shock cap a little open while bleeding.

I myself have some trouble building perfect shocks.
So I'm gonna build them with some sort of bleeder cap if I fail next time once I get new shocks.

I think current ones are leaking. After a few runs they get all oily.

I'm also thinking to put in anti roll bars front and rear.
I heard it makes the car to turn a little wider and smoother giving consistant traction in the turn. (on high traction smooth track)

Old 02-10-2002, 09:28 PM   #1015
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by Agent99

http://www.teamassociated.com/basics...s/tips_oil.htm

How to fill your shocks with oil:

1 Holding the shock upright, fill with oil to the top of the shock body.

2 Slowly move the shaft up and down several times to allow air bubbles to escape to the top.

3 Refill with oil to the top of the shock body.

4 Push the shaft in until the piston is level with top of shock body. The oil will slightly bulge up above the shock body.

5 Install the shock cap and tighten. There should be no gap between the cap and the hex portion of the shock body when tight.

6 Move the shock shaft in and out a few times and then push it all the way in. It should be easy to push the shaft in until the eyelet hits the body.

If the shock does not push out this far, there is not enough oil in them. Add just a little oil and try steps 6-7 again.

If the shocks push out farther than the distance in step 7, or you cannot push the shaft in until the eyelet hits the body, there is too much oil. Loosen the cap a half turn (with the shaft extended) and pump out a small amount of oil by pushing the shaft in. Retighten the cap and try steps 6-7 again.
Here is a link to the TC3 manual on line. go to page 16 for shock building info for the VCS shocks. Pay attention to the part about ading oil to the shock cap.

http://www.rc10.com/pdf/manuals/tc3manual_2001.pdf
dcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2002, 10:00 PM   #1016
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by BLAZN420
Hey modena.....

so you enjoy having to take half your suspension apart to just adjust your diff????lol

or taking a half hour to rebuild yours aslowciated shocks????

or every time you hit a board, breaking those wimpy a-arms???

the tc3 has a good tranny design, but the rest of it is just usual associated crap!!!

have fun, you could be running a real car.....

lap ya later
Hey BLAZN............................................. ......................

I never have to take my suspension apart because I properly adjust the diff before I put it in there...Thanks to "aslowciateds" great instructions.

It took me 10 minutes to rebuild my "aslowciated" shocks today.

I've never broken an a-arm before...I have bent hinge pins before...took only 5 minutes to replace them.

Losi has a good car, but too bad their non-sponsered drivers are the usual assholes

I'm having a great time, Thanks! I already run a real car..........

lap ya later

Last edited by Modena AL; 02-10-2002 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:54 PM   #1017
Tech Regular

Will this eventually end soon?

Why don't you post in XXXS thread?

Old 02-11-2002, 12:19 AM   #1018
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Modena, etc. Don't worry about the Losi guy. He's only trying to ribb you. I do it all the time to guys with Pro 3s.

I can assure you that the TC3, MR4 and Losi are all great cars, all capable of winning, in the right hands.

Ever heard the saying "it's a poor man that blames his tools".

I finally managed to get some pics of my Yoke - in the Yoke forum, and son Josh's TC3 in this one, yesterday, thanks to some great pics taken by Adam (MR4Malta). Thanks Adam - promise I won't ribb you about your Pro 3 any more!

The only non standard items on the car are the rose joints replacing ball joints, and yes they are from Fastrax, and the alloy steering rack - also Fastrax. I am however waiting for lots of titanium bits, which should make the car not only lighter, but also stronger. That was actually the whole idea of replacing the ball joints with rose joints - they don't pop off so easily.

And just in case anyone's wondering - in this years Nat Championship alone Josh has won 11 out of the 18 rounds held to date, with that car.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 04:28 AM   #1019
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by rcruv
Will this eventually end soon?
Why don't you post in XXXS thread?
Maybe any moderator, can delete those crappy posts.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2002, 06:28 AM   #1020
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

My 2c.

Losi did their homework with this car. It's a good car...impressive...but I've ONLY seen it do well in the hands of 'team drivers'. That's the idea. Now, on a local level, I have yet to see any of them do well, in the hands of the 'everyday consumer'.

And I race at a track that puts on a 'worlds event' every Saturday night!

Blazn, you can have your opinion but ask yourself...why exactly are you in here flamin' the TC3??? If it's because YOU think the Losi is better, great. YOU think the Losi is better. WE know we have a better car...
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote