R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-03-2005, 10:37 PM   #10111
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I ran the "racer" version last year and won the sportsman points series. I upgraded to using the BMI chassis and eXpress motors and batteries and all I can say is WOW! I'm not sponsored or anything like that so I have to spend my money very wisely. The Wife is always watching!
These upgrades, without a doubt, were worth every penny and more. The BMI chassis already has moved the batteries toward the centerline. It also has the option of using the nitro steering rack. Basically, if there was a modification to make the stock TC3 chassis better, Jason did it on the BMI. Don't wait to get faster, get these upgrades and decimate your competition.

rD Squared-MW Designs-C and R racing

Final Thoughts RC club R.I.P.
killingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 10:18 PM   #10112
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

is tc3 still competative? is it worth getting? are the parts available easily?

what are the major flaws of the car? esential hop-ups?
thanks
Old 07-06-2005, 10:31 PM   #10113
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are there aluminum steering blocks for the tc3? Mine keeps getting threaded out.
Old 07-06-2005, 11:00 PM   #10114
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Calandra makes all kinds of aluminum parts for the TC3 still, check them out. As for the TC3 still being competetive, damn skippy! Don't forget, just because you spent $400+ on an XRay, JRXS, or RDX, it doesn't make you a better driver. Are these other cars going to allow you to grow further than the TC3, maybe. But I've yet to see a good driver with a TC3 lose to an inferior driver with a XRay.

brooklyn - there are a couple hundred pages of useful info on this very thread toanswer all your questions (use the search function).

rD Squared-MW Designs-C and R racing

Final Thoughts RC club R.I.P.
killingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:17 AM   #10115
Tech Regular

thanks, i guess ill have to sit down and read up on the car
Old 07-07-2005, 11:42 AM   #10116
Tech Elite

brooklyn - there's a guy here in Southern Cali who's running a stock Factory TC3 kit and is kicking everybody's butt with it. There's only one guy that's beating him (actually he's beating everyone) and he runs an RDX. The car is still highly competitive. When you think about it...the TC3 was designed very well. How much better can you make a car? If, let's say, 13 seconds represents how fast a car can get around a specific layout given the laws of physics and your car is doing it in 13.2, there's not much more you can do to it to make it noticeably faster without rewriting physics. I think the advantage right now to buying other cars is more about driveability. The TC3, I feel, can get around the track as fast as any car, new or old. Some of the newer cars are just a little easier to drive which can make you faster because you'll make fewer mistakes. For the money, the TC3 is a great car.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:52 AM   #10117

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

The TC3 is a damn good car, I love mine, I have 3 of them right now still and tons of spares for them. Why would you try to rewrite something already good? It was still winning before the tc4 came out....
Old 07-07-2005, 11:59 AM   #10118
PaZ
Tech Master

i started with a TC3 5 years ago and ive still got one well erm a bit modded now , and ive never had any major problems with it is easy to set up easy to maintain and goes well and its easy to be consistantly competitive with it, i did have a problem last season with it cause i put it converted it to the warpspeed chassis but now its almost perfect. it may be old but it can still be quick
CT Race Bodies
PaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:41 PM   #10119
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to trx1
Arrow

I like my tc3 so much, im getting another... would like to know where i can get some hopups for these fun cars at??? links will be helpful to all of us also.

WOOHHOOO just got my tc3 today around 2:45. Heres what i got:
Attached Thumbnails
TC3 Forum-tc3-foams.jpg   TC3 Forum-tc31.jpg  

Last edited by trx1; 07-07-2005 at 03:12 PM.
trx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:47 PM   #10120
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to crACkeD ChaSsiS Send a message via Yahoo to crACkeD ChaSsiS
Default Racing

Came in 1st last Sunday with my tc3 over a jrx-s/xray/pro4 and i had tq and i ran 23 laps and they ran 22 laps! just wanted to share my victory, bcuz the tc3 is still winning! and this was in the pro class not rookie!!

L8er
crACkeD ChaSsiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:08 PM   #10121
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to crACkeD ChaSsiS Send a message via Yahoo to crACkeD ChaSsiS

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaZ
i started with a TC3 5 years ago and ive still got one well erm a bit modded now , and ive never had any major problems with it is easy to set up easy to maintain and goes well and its easy to be consistantly competitive with it, i did have a problem last season with it cause i put it converted it to the warpspeed chassis but now its almost perfect. it may be old but it can still be quick
Paz- Once you got the Warpspeed chassis did you have to change your setup any, or did you keep it like it was from your regular tc3?
crACkeD ChaSsiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:16 PM   #10122
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trx1
I like my tc3 so much, im getting another... would like to know where i can get some hopups for these fun cars at??? links will be helpful to all of us also.

WOOHHOOO just got my tc3 today around 2:45 heres what i got
I usually get mine from eBay but once in awhile I get stuff here. Alot of guys are dumping their TC3s to get out of the hobby or upgrade to better cars. I've seen better deals here than on eBay.
Aries326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:32 PM   #10123
PaZ
Tech Master

ebay is a goldmine, there are amazing deals on here but in the UK its expensive to get anything large shipped, theres loads of cheap blue ally hop ups on ebayuk
CT Race Bodies
PaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 10:24 AM   #10124
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to trx1
Arrow Awsome tip (at least to me)

If u have a NOVAK explorer 2 in your tc3 and cant figure where to put the on/off switch, try this: Hook it to ur rear shock tower with a body clip. it wont go anywhere and is in sight when it comes time to switch it off!!!
Attached Thumbnails
TC3 Forum-cabtc3-03.jpg  
trx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 05:12 PM   #10125
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Racing my TC3 on Clay Oval

Ok, the local track only has a clay oval and I'm tired of racing my brother in the cul-de-sac and doing some drifting. The guy at the track says I can run my TC3 on the clay oval if I want. Has anyone tried running their TC3 on a clay oval? He told me to use 30 shore foams and it should be alright. He suggested getting wider wheels in the back for more traction. Will this work? Thanks for the help.
Aries326 is offline   Reply With Quote