Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

On the BMI TC3 Chassis
Old 04-11-2005, 04:32 PM   #9872
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default NTC3 Steering to TC3 CHassis

Quote:
Originally posted by Charles Leto
can the nitro rack bolt to the TC3 AE chassis?????
Look through the messages. Someone posted up a link to the tutorial on how to do a bunch of mods to your TC3 like moving the battery center and installing the NTC3 steering rack to the TC3. Or you can wait til I get home and I have the link somewhere. I can post it up for you. Try to google it. It may even pop up. That'll save you alot of time having to go through the messages.
Aries326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:47 PM   #9873
Tech Fanatic

Default TC3 Pulling to the left

Ok, I've been hanging out on these forums the past 2-3 weeks and I want to thank you guys for helping me out. I finally have my TC3 totally cleaned and rebuilt (purchased from eBay) as suggested that I should do.

So far it handles ALOT better than the Tamiya M-04L that I had and it is very responsive. However, when I ran the car yesterday the problem I have is that it has the tendency to pull to the left even at low speeds. I can't get the thing to go straight. With the naked eye, it looks like the wheels are straight and the steering column is centered. I guess this is where I would need a setup board.

To make things simpler, I put in all the stock settings as suggested by the manual. No fancy toe in, camber, kick-up or droop settings. Whatever was suggested in the manual, I used. Is this natural for the car not to go in a straight line and veer slightly to the left? Is this from torque? I can see if I was going full speed and it was pulling to the left, but the car is going to the left even at low speed. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:25 PM   #9874
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to tc4kid191

try the toe in or out, sometimes if the toe is uneven it tends to movre more in that direction
tc4kid191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:29 PM   #9875
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to diskostew

and also try the trim radio... no matter how streight you think the stearing is, the servo tells a differnt story!
diskostew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:30 PM   #9876
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to tc4kid191

true that!
tc4kid191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:30 PM   #9877

Send a message via AIM to RC Noob Send a message via MSN to RC Noob

lol i know this is the onroad section....but no one replied to my thread...and since this is the tc3 thread....i just wanted to ask if anyone knows about the rally conversion..things like is it good.....can the tc3 jump well? thanks in advance
RC Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:33 PM   #9878
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Noob
lol i know this is the onroad section....but no one replied to my thread...and since this is the tc3 thread....i just wanted to ask if anyone knows about the rally conversion..things like is it good.....can the tc3 jump well? thanks in advance
the rally conversion is cool... but it still will break. i have seen companys (but can't remember them off the top of my head) on the net that make complete buggie conversions for the TC3 that ROCK! that way you can convert your TC3 to a 4wd buggy just like the Losi 4wd buggie...
Old 04-11-2005, 05:56 PM   #9879

Send a message via AIM to RC Noob Send a message via MSN to RC Noob

yeh right now im trying to convert my xxx-bk into a rally car....im having problems mounting on those small sedan wheels on the front....
RC Noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:57 PM   #9880
Tech Fanatic

Default Getting TC3 to go straight

The turnbuckles are the same length so the toe in should be the same too. Like I said, from the naked eye it looks to be the same on both sides. Adjusting the trim on the controller helped a little bit. Looks like I'll just have to spend more time on this thing than I thought.

Could slop by the problem? If so, do you guys add any shims to any place special in the front to reduce the slop? Should the shocks on the left be adjusted any differently since the battery in on the left side and outweighs the right side?
Old 04-11-2005, 06:04 PM   #9881
Tech Adept

Default Re: Getting TC3 to go straight

Quote:
Originally posted by Aries326
The turnbuckles are the same length so the toe in should be the same too. Like I said, from the naked eye it looks to be the same on both sides. Adjusting the trim on the controller helped a little bit. Looks like I'll just have to spend more time on this thing than I thought.

Could slop by the problem? If so, do you guys add any shims to any place special in the front to reduce the slop? Should the shocks on the left be adjusted any differently since the battery in on the left side and outweighs the right side?
Slop usually is not the problem. just because the turnbuckles are the same lenth, doesn't mean the car will go streight. you could have any number of things that will make the tow not accurate. the best thing to do is put the car on a setup station to make sure the toe is right on each side.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:05 PM   #9882
Tech Adept

Take the arm off of the servo, center the steering adjustment on your radio and, then center the wheels, then re-install the servo arm. Then there should be enough trim adjustment to get it perfect.

Let me know if this helps.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:36 PM   #9883
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Trixter
Take the arm off of the servo, center the steering adjustment on your radio and, then center the wheels, then re-install the servo arm. Then there should be enough trim adjustment to get it perfect.

Let me know if this helps.

Yeah, I tried that already. There definitely is enough room for trim adjustment.
Old 04-11-2005, 06:43 PM   #9884
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Getting TC3 to go straight

Quote:
Originally posted by diskostew
Slop usually is not the problem. just because the turnbuckles are the same lenth, doesn't mean the car will go streight. you could have any number of things that will make the tow not accurate. the best thing to do is put the car on a setup station to make sure the toe is right on each side.
I was a afraid you'd say that. I don't have a setup station. I'll just have to keep playing with the settings until I get it right. I'll double check the settings on the threaded shocks this weekend. Maybe they're uneven. That's the only thing I can think of right now that I didn't check out. Actually, I better check the droop as well.
Old 04-11-2005, 07:10 PM   #9885
Tech Regular

Default Re: Re: Re: Getting TC3 to go straight

Quote:
Originally posted by Aries326
I was a afraid you'd say that. I don't have a setup station. I'll just have to keep playing with the settings until I get it right. I'll double check the settings on the threaded shocks this weekend. Maybe they're uneven. That's the only thing I can think of right now that I didn't check out. Actually, I better check the droop as well.
check your rack make shore its nice and free and not binding.check the total legnth of your shocks make sure they are
all the same then do the droop
tom235 is offline   Reply With Quote