R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-21-2004, 09:00 PM   #9346
Tech Initiate

anyone got a good Parking lot setup?

I run a TC3 with a Novak 5800 brushless foam tires.

Pretty smooth track. But its still a parking lot.
onefstsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:54 PM   #9347
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I know this is totally off subject, but.... I would like to know what stuff I can use from other manufacturers/cars on my ETC3? I have heard you can use the NTC3 steering block, and someone said they changed to Tamiya shocks. Anyone else got any ideas?
onefstsnake - have you tried AE's website for set-ups?

rD Squared-MW Designs-C and R racing

Final Thoughts RC club R.I.P.
killingtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 11:05 PM   #9348
Tech Initiate

I looked... only found carpet setups. Ill look again
Old 10-21-2004, 11:43 PM   #9349
Tech Initiate

well i might not be racing... I have to replace both front knuckles and uprights. Someone CA'd all the screws in and everything binds. So if I get like an hour of time and the parts I need I can race...

Ahh.. Stuff like this really bugs me.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:22 AM   #9350
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by killingtime
I know this is totally off subject, but.... I would like to know what stuff I can use from other manufacturers/cars on my ETC3? I have heard you can use the NTC3 steering block, and someone said they changed to Tamiya shocks. Anyone else got any ideas?
The NTC3 steering parts they talk about is the steering rack itself. It requires alot of work to put it in a tub chassis tho. The BMI chassis comes already with this modification ready to go. Other parts that work well are Losi blocks and C hubs front and rears are compatable. The losi parts are stronger even factory AE guys use Losi parts. Most touring car shocks will fit as long as the length is the same. The Tamiya TRF shocks are far and away the best of all the oil filled shocks available today. Smooth as silk and easy to build and maintain.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:01 AM   #9351
Tech Adept

hey
im just new to electric
im going to be purchasing a tc3, i want to know what brand the them blue screws that most of the cars have, or were i can purchase these from
also what would i need to hav the car drifting
thanks
MRWRX_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:09 AM   #9352
Tech Master

The blue screws from Associated can be bought from most hobby shops reasonably priced. As far as the drifting question I wont answer that because this is a racing forum.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:17 AM   #9353
Tech Adept

cool
i will search around for these screws
im planning to race the car sometimes, im going to be using a team orion core stock motor
thanks
MRWRX_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 05:17 AM   #9354
PaZ
Tech Master

Default The Best TC3 spare shop

I hve been using this site to get most of my TC3 parts from as they are cheap and the postage is very fast.
www.microtechracing.com if you have the CML distrubution catologue picked up at and good hobby shop use the numbers that they supply type them in and there u do.
PaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:27 AM   #9355
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeediePHATT
The NTC3 steering parts they talk about is the steering rack itself. It requires alot of work to put it in a tub chassis tho. The BMI chassis comes already with this modification ready to go. Other parts that work well are Losi blocks and C hubs front and rears are compatable. The losi parts are stronger even factory AE guys use Losi parts. Most touring car shocks will fit as long as the length is the same. The Tamiya TRF shocks are far and away the best of all the oil filled shocks available today. Smooth as silk and easy to build and maintain.
Thanks for the tips Speedie! I was about to pull the trigger and get the tamiya shocks but didn't want to waste the money if they wouldn't be compatible. Bladder shocks have to be better then what Associated supplies. As for the change over to a BMI chassis, it would be nice...that red carbon fiber looks REALLY good and I'm sure performs as well as it looks, but I am part of the "low budget racing" group. So I guess I'll have to get my hands dirty and fit that block in my old tub chassis for the time being.

Last edited by killingtime; 10-22-2004 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:34 PM   #9356
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by MRWRX_69
hey
im just new to electric
im going to be purchasing a tc3, i want to know what brand the them blue screws that most of the cars have, or were i can purchase these from
also what would i need to hav the car drifting
thanks
If you want some info for drifting check out this site: http://www.frequency-rc.com/portal/home/

Old 10-23-2004, 12:07 AM   #9357
Tech Initiate

Got my TC3 running today.
-Novak SS Brushless system.
-Digital Servo
-Speed Mind Foams
-XR2 Radio
-Graphite everything
-Ti turnbuckles
-Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft
-Mazda 6 Body
-7 cell GP 3300Matched packs (1.18v/3550Mah/428sec)

This thing is hooked. I cant get it to loose traction. Crazy fast too. Im guessing 35mph... I love it.
I race tomorrow. Should be fun since I havent raced a TC in over a year.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:51 AM   #9358
Tech Adept

Default free drive chain

When you guys are talking about TC3 free drive train, how free is it supposed to be? Let's say without mounting motor, when you spin a wheel with your finger, how long will the wheel spin? 1sec, 2 secs? I read an earlier post that someone did some modification on the TC3 such that when he spinned the wheel, the wheel could spin for 20secs. Is it normal? My wheels can spin only about max 1.75 turns. (about 1 sec)

The reason I asked this is that when I was racing with the fast guys in the stock class, my car was 1.5 secs off the pace. I can live with .5 sec off, but not a whole 1 sec.

For your analysis, my TC3 is equipped with QC2(no big blue capacitor installed), Fukyuma matched batteries (1.71), Monster pro motor, 3degree rear toe in, 2 degree camber all around, front and rear diff. My car is 20g above the min weight. I finished charging the batteries just before the race. The car handled quite well (neutral balance). During heats and the final, I did not crash nor touch any board. I mostly followed the race line.

I tried to gear down, then the car had acceleration, but top end was too slow.

Is there something the A main racers are doing that I don't know?

When u measure the temp of the motor, do u measure the temp of the motor can or the armature through the can hole?

When racers said they don't use brake in the race? How do they make hairpin turn without braking?
raceblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:14 AM   #9359
Tech Regular

Default Re: free drive chain

Quote:
Originally posted by raceblast
During heats and the final, I did not crash nor touch any board. I mostly followed the race line.
The difference could be braking points. You could follow the exact same line as the leader and brake earlier, carrying less speed through the turn.
I suppose there are some tracks that you could never need to brake, if it mostly consists of sweeper and flowing esses, but every car needs to brake for a hairpin.

Just keep practicing. Try showing up at the track during the week when there is no race going on and just practice by yourself. You'd be amazed at how often the weakest link in a car is the one holding the controller. I'm not saying you're a bad driver. If you're not hitting the boards, you're obviously a very good driver. But are you really pushing it to 10/10ths?
SammyXp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 11:56 AM   #9360
Tech Adept

I don't know whether I am and the car are on the limit yet. Just feel strange that the throttle is at maximum, but the car seems slow.
raceblast is offline   Reply With Quote