R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-16-2004, 06:49 AM   #9166
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to rpmmaxxed
Default New Body

I'll get some more pics up that are in better light later.

I made a few errors on the body, but Im still happy.

What you guys think?
rpmmaxxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 08:09 AM   #9167
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by kennykay
I am not familiar with 19T. However, if you are trying to get some more top end and you feel comfortable with the temperature of the motor, I would suggest trying 25 and 26.
so stay with the stock spur
kh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:14 AM   #9168
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to crACkeD ChaSsiS Send a message via Yahoo to crACkeD ChaSsiS
Default pinion go up

go up a tooth or 2 on ur pinion may help.
crACkeD ChaSsiS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:34 AM   #9169
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by kh15
i have had the team orion element spec 19t mod now for about a week and it runs great, very fast of the line but not the best top end and its running cool enough that i fell comfortable adjusting gears to get the most out of it, right now i'm running stock 24/72 so what gears should i use for more top end?
is thier a kit where i can get a bunch of diffrent tooth gears?
I gear my 19T at 26. Motor just gets hot but not too hot. Run time is still good. You can get the robinson pinion set of evens or odds for like $12.00.
TC3xRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 02:20 PM   #9170
Tech Regular

i picked up the new touring car mag today and it said if you want more steering out of your tc3 you can tighten the rear diffs or loosin the front diffs does this work?
i took my gear diffs out last night to clean them and i was wondering if they should spin in you hand, i was holding one end while spining the other end and it doesent spin 100% freely it feels a little tight is that how its supposed to be?
Old 08-16-2004, 06:41 PM   #9171
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to crACkeD ChaSsiS Send a message via Yahoo to crACkeD ChaSsiS
Default info

there has been a ton of info in this thread about ur question.u could search back an find very good info about all the tc3s needs.just my 2cents.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:03 PM   #9172
Tech Regular

Default Re: info

Quote:
Originally posted by crACkeD ChaSsiS
there has been a ton of info in this thread about ur question.u could search back an find very good info about all the tc3s needs.just my 2cents.
yea thier 306 pages of info that i dont feel like looking thru thats why i was hopeing for a quick answer
Old 08-16-2004, 08:14 PM   #9173
Tech Addict

man i didnt mean to sound like an ahole. just sayin lol ull probably get better results if u search back through this thread.tahts wat i always do bcuz ull see multiple answers from multiple racers.
Old 08-16-2004, 08:32 PM   #9174
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by kh15
i picked up the new touring car mag today and it said if you want more steering out of your tc3 you can tighten the rear diffs or loosin the front diffs does this work?
i took my gear diffs out last night to clean them and i was wondering if they should spin in you hand, i was holding one end while spining the other end and it doesent spin 100% freely it feels a little tight is that how its supposed to be?
The diff should not spin freely when you spin one end and holding the other. If it does, power will slip through that diff and will loose forward traction. Try it and you'll know what i mean.

As far as getting more steering, I never ran looser diff in the front than the rear. Others even lock their diff in the front to get more on power steering. TC3 already has a lot of steering. I'd look at something else besides the diff. If you post your setup, a lot of people will jump in to help you out.
DRIVEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2004, 09:31 PM   #9175
Tech Regular

my setup its not final i still have alot to work out but its a start
Old 08-17-2004, 12:06 AM   #9176
Tech Apprentice

KH15 .. ok .. looks like a bit of info is left off of that set up sheet but thats ok .. you didnt say if you needed more on power steering ( like comming out of a turn ) or more off power steering ( like comming into a hair pin ) so heres what I can do .. I run on a pretty smooth outdoor asphalt track and from what you have on that sheet you look lots soft for a smooth medium grip track .. so try this .. this is a set up that I ran for a somewhat tight and technical track with rubber tires and a 19t chameleon 2

Front

2* caster
0 kick up
0* toe out
1.5* camber
5 mm ride height
40 wt oil and #3 piston in the shocks
red spring
#3 on the droop gauge
use the standard front tower with the shocks in the middle hole and the camber link up and in
( if using the version 2 arms use the inner shock mounting hole )

Rear

5 mm ride height
F block in place of the R block at the front of the rear arm hinge pins
R 3+2 rear hinge pin block
1.5* camber
upper hole on the hub carrier
40 wt oil and #2 piston
blue spring
#2 on the droop gauge
shock in the middle hole on the tower and camber link up and in
chassis in the short configuration so both washers behind the hub carrier
( if using the version 2 arms use the outer shock mounting hole )

General

run the batteries forward
run the front diff about 1/8 of a turn or less out
run the rear diff about a half to 5/8 of a turn out

I use Take off CS tires for whatever temp range the track is that day and it seems to work pretty good .. pretty balanced .. but I just couldnt keep up if it was a more open track so I have a different set up for that .. if you want that one just post here and I'll put it up .. hope this helps .. and above all else .. have fun racing

E
roddude65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 01:45 AM   #9177
Tech Regular

okay thanks for the great info but whats this "run the front diff about 1/8 of a turn or less out
run the rear diff about a half to 5/8 of a turn out"
and why such a low droop? i have my droop set like barry bakers winning asphalt tc3
Old 08-17-2004, 05:05 AM   #9178
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Simply put kh15, you aren't Barry Baker. The droop settings RODDUDE65 posted work because it makes the car a little easier to drive for us "normal" guys. Barry is what we could consider ... "faster". The droop settings alone are not enough to make you as fast as "the man", but make the car a little easier to drive for us slow rejects. Besides, if you dont like what it does on the track after the changes, then just twist the wrench and put it back to how it was! Good luck.

- DaveW

RODDUDE65: So hows that setup work for ya?
Old 08-17-2004, 05:41 AM   #9179
Tech Master

DAVE. I agree with you on the droop figures.

The bigger the figures (less droop) the more sensitive the car becomes, which is not necessarily the best things for us lesser mortals.

More droop (lower figures) = more roll = a slower reacting car = slower but surer round the corners, which is fine for me but not for the Barry Bakers of this world.

We normally run about 5 front (measured with AE droop gauge) and 3 rear.

Droop can be used as the ideal tuning tool, playing front to rear.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 01:42 PM   #9180
Tech Regular

i wish i was barry baker and had his car, but anyway one last question...i'm going to my lhs tommrow to get my comm cut and get some new brushes for my 19t element and i need to know how to break in the new brushes? i know that you should run them on 5volts for 5 minutes but i dont have the equiptment to do that, i have a 3000 battery pack but i dont know if i could use that?