R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-06-2004, 07:15 AM   #9106
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveW
LEM2: Do you have 200mm arms on your car? Im assuming by "thingy" you mean the lower spring retainer cup. Are the blue aluminum rear hubs the Losi XXX-S hubs from Dynamite?

- DaveW
Hi! I'm just using standard arms. The blue rear hubs are from RC-Square(part# STC-42R), the spring retainers are either tobee or Square. Sorry, what I meant by "thingy" are the blue parts on the shocks.

Peace and Happy Racing!

Last edited by lem2; 08-06-2004 at 10:49 AM.
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:35 AM   #9107
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Richman
Default Looking For a Painted Body Help

i am Looking for a painted Body that is Cut and will fit a TC3 Nitro 200MM anyone selling one or 2 Cheep it dont need to be new

Please E Mail me at Brooktrout101@aol.com

i can pay with paypal or i have RC planes to trade
Richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:50 AM   #9108
Tech Master

Go to the nitro fourm......
The Black Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 11:19 AM   #9109
Tech Regular

Default Body

Post at the "Want to buy" forum too.
JWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 03:40 PM   #9110
Tech Master

Default cross pins

anyone know where or if I can buy just the cross pins that insert into the axle to keep the wheel hex from spinning?
only way I have found so far is to buy the whole cvd kit..
onnetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:51 PM   #9111
Tech Master

Any half reasonable model shop should have them.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 12:08 AM   #9112
Tech Initiate

Default Re: cross pins

Quote:
Originally posted by onnetz
anyone know where or if I can buy just the cross pins that insert into the axle to keep the wheel hex from spinning?
only way I have found so far is to buy the whole cvd kit..

You might be able to pick them up at a hardware store. They are called roll pins and you'd just have to find ones small enough.
Espiritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 12:13 AM   #9113
Tech Regular

Go TC3!
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 12:54 AM   #9114
Tech Master

thanks for the help..

I found what I was looking for at tower....
I did a search for the part number #7369 cvd roll pin...
same ones used on the t2.
http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LX2977&P=7
Old 08-07-2004, 08:35 AM   #9115
Tech Master

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by bubbles
Go TC3!

yeah boy!!!

FT TC3 rules!!!!!!!!!!...
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 09:58 AM   #9116
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to diskostew

Quote:
Originally posted by bubbles
Go TC3!
bubbles... you said a mouth full!!!!!!!!
diskostew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 04:20 PM   #9117
Tech Master

Default front diff and handling

I was messing around today, trying different settings with the front diff... from locked to loose....
I was surprised at the range the handling went from...
started out with a push and went all the way to being so loose in the rear that you couldnt hardly drive it....
my question is, do most of you find one tightness for it and then adjust for handling in other ways or do you fine tune adjusting the diff as well?
I should mention I was running on asphalt and yes I know bad things will happen if its too loose...
Old 08-07-2004, 09:27 PM   #9118
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Most people I see including myself adjust their diffs depending on track condition and what the car is doing for that particular day........Im not saying that this is the perfect setting (because things always change)but just something to try since you said you run on asfault like I do....... try a super loose setting in the rear, as loose as you can get it without slippage...and then try a little tighter than the stock recomendation in the front(NOT so tight to where it's like a spool but just some medium tention......this usually provides an easy to drive diff action that still has plenty of steering....while cancelling out some of the tendency for the rear to be jerkey or kick out when your getting back on power while cornering.......also try a spool in the future(not just a locked down diff) with the right driving style you'll probably be even faster..........Joe

1/10 Scale: Associated B-5(rear motor)...Tekin RSX Gen-2 W/8.5t... Savox SC-1258-TG Servo
Joe B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 11:48 PM   #9119
Tech Master

running the rear loose and the front on the tight side is how I usually run, but today I felt like doing some experimenting and hopefully learning..
I have tried a one way and really liked how it felt until I hit the brakes...
haven't had the chance to try a spool yet, but hope to do so soon.

I know from now on I will definately be adjusting the diff according to how I need to drive...
Old 08-08-2004, 06:17 AM   #9120
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ONNETZ: What you just described is what every racer should do... experiment with new things. Some people however do not record/remember what they learn, and seem to forget what to do when at the track to make the car work like it did "that one day...". This is honestly where finding one type of car and sticking to it, can benefit a racer. I personally cannot swap from one car to another and make setup change efficiently. You would think that the same adjustments do the same thing from one car to the next, but it never seems to work that way. I had to play around with my diffs yesterday at the track too. High bite fresh laid blacktop that by the main had a sweeet groove. (thank you nitro TC) The blacktop was so fresh, my chair and pit table left dents in the blacktop where they sat. Most guys were running foams, but i was running CS27's until the groove came in. By the second and final qualifier, i had piddled with my front diff and noticed that the tighter i made it, the more the car would wiggle in and out of the corner. The front would squirm uncontrollably coming into the corner and on throttle out of the corner. All this time, the tires were squealing, more notably, the inside front tire on every corner. For the main i swapped my rear camber link, changed to double pink/double pink orange foams (same size at the CS27's .. 62mm), and went back to my original front diff setting. I qualified third in the A, two laps (9 second laps were average) off the TQ pace. TQ was on his own, but also on foams. In the main, the car didnt do any of the earlier mentioned wiggling, it just stuck and drove like a slot car... literally. I ended up putting two laps on the TQ driver, with the last three laps of the race a really nice battle for the third lapping... he wouldnt let me by! My fastest lap was a high 7. Foams make that much difference. ( i actually ticked the second place qualifier off in the first turn at the end of the straight coming into the sweeper, my car carried so much speed i checked up too slow and bumped him and spun him out ) Totally my fault.

The point is this. I think, after all of the setup work i did trying to dial in the car on CS27's, i realize they had reached their limit. Maybe some of the situations you are describing are symptomatic of rubber tires. Do you notice after a run if your tires "wrinkle" on the front or rear of the car? Wrinkled front tires lets you know the car is pushing, and wrinkled rears of course let you know its loose. All four should look smooth after a run. Unless you are of course running a compound that is too soft. In all honesty, you can tune the suspension (not the diffs) on a TC3 to get it to turn in so much, it will turn a small 3' circle with diffs, on power. I still dont like the way a car runs with a spool, and of course, the brake issue with a one-way. Heck, i guess it still comes back to driver preference. Ok, enough of my ramblings..

- DaveW