Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Old 05-19-2004, 05:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Alright, ive got my hands on an FTTC3 chassis, so now its time to talk electronics and the like. Any reccomendations as to ESC's motors and radio equipment would be extremely helpful. Try to keep things inexpensive too im not exactly rolling in the dough.

Thanks in advace for all the help.

EvoV
Old 05-19-2004, 06:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by LancerEvoV
Alright, ive got my hands on an FTTC3 chassis, so now its time to talk electronics and the like. Any reccomendations as to ESC's motors and radio equipment would be extremely helpful. Try to keep things inexpensive too im not exactly rolling in the dough.

EvoV
Although I consider myself pretty serious-I buy a lot of stuff used to save money. That way I can buy a top of the line $150 ESC for $80 or $90!!

Servo is no place to skimp!! Buy a very good servo.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Electronics

ok ... for servos ... get a good high speed digital servo if you have the money .. otherwise a standard high speed will do ... I like the JR Z8450 in My TC3's ... its fast (.08 sec / 60* @ 4.0v) if I remember the specs right .. but its fast and holds the steering well even through fast high load sweepers on carpet with foams ... and it wasnt that bad on price ... I think I got the first one for $105 .. but the second one I got online through a hobby shop for like $92 after shipping and all that ... so not too bad on the pocket and well worth it ...

for ESC's ( Electonic Speed Controls ) I would say if you can get one online from someone that has great feed back go for it ... I have bought top of the line stuff online once and it is still working just fine ... I still dont trust the online game .. but hey .. thats just me ... that online speedo has been the only deal that has gone right for me ... so I am kinda biased against it ... the rest of the deals have fallen through altho I have yet to lose money one did hold my money for a month and a half after saying the product was there and mine resold it ( without telling me ) then sent my money back after repeated emails asking for the product with a note saying sorry resold ofr more money .. so just a word to the warning ... check the person out before mailing off your money or try to pay via a secure method ... I send mine out via usmail return reciept requested so they have to sign for the checks and I do it via bank note so I can stop payment if the product doesnt arrive and get some of my money back just a little thoughts on how to protect yourself. but get the best now .. it saves money down the road when you would want to upgrade...

have fun racing

E
Old 05-19-2004, 11:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

ahh you guys are godsends, i think i might be able to get a cyclone purple lable for 40-50 bucks, good buy or not? Also saw a used TC2 for 70.

thanks,
EvoV

Last edited by LancerEvoV; 05-19-2004 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The TC2 would be a great buy, I have had mine for just over 3 years now, and not one hitch with it.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally posted by LancerEvoV

EvoV
All I can say is in terms of servos, buy the high speed high torque digital servo if no problem with the budget.sanwa and futaba will do. ESC always get the best one and with good aftermarket sale service. Novak or LRP are great. Keyence brand perhaps is also great. Batteries get GP3300 or Sanyo 3300 nimh HAPPY RACING !!!
Old 05-19-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well guys, after 10 long years of running my Tekin G-10. It finally gave out, well atleast the stop function did... I think I definately got my money's worth outta this one! I have a Duratrax 8t Intellispeed PRO on the way.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

well sure sucks to here that, well atleast ya got 10 years outta it. Thats more than most people own a car for, still stinks though.
Old 05-19-2004, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

I can still use it, I just dont have any brakes, I'll keep it as a spare, or through it in my TL01.
Old 05-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

LOL TL-01, that was my first car i ever had. Brings back memories when i couldnt get it to go fowards,
Old 05-19-2004, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Yep, one step above a Radio Shack car. But it was free and I needed something to play with...
Old 05-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Regular

what are the advantages of running the ntc3 steering rack? Ive heards some people mention that they run it.

Cheers,

Mossie
Old 05-19-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Mossie
what are the advantages of running the ntc3 steering rack? Ive heards some people mention that they run it.

Cheers,

Mossie
Advantages Smoother, Disadvantage less steering.
Old 05-19-2004, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks true

Cheers,

Mossie
Old 05-20-2004, 12:46 AM
Tech Master

Hi friends.Greetings from Malta.

NTC3 STEERING.

I have 2 cars I run for my son. I have fitted NTC3 steering levers on one of them. I didn't do it the normal way. Instead I anchored the arms off the front diff case.

By redrilling them for a shorter radius you get a little more ackerman than standard but not as much as the standard NTC3 set up.

I have driven both and can't say i find any particular difference except far less play with the NTC3 steering.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.