R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 05-07-2004, 08:54 PM   #8536
Tech Rookie

Default a little help here pls.

hi, I bought a used tc3 and I am in the process of getting it on the road.. I found a piece that is broken on the car. the front dogbone.
I have a replacement bone but am having a devil of a time geting the plastic wheel drive nut to come off. any suggestions ??

I think I saw somewhere some aluminum wheel drive nut's that where a pinch type with a screw runing through it. Can anyone tell me where I can pick thoes up..
thx for your time and help.
desslok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:05 PM   #8537
Klr
Tech Rookie

You can try to use a flat head screwdriver to pry the hex from the axle. Sorry, I don't have a better solution. For the clamping type, is this what you are looking for?

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXGCH4&P=7
Klr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:15 PM   #8538
Tech Rookie

Default Thx!!

Thank you Kir, silly me I was trying to twist it off. It came off with no problems. but now I have discovered that the keeper pin is all hosed so I am gonna have to replace that 2. <sigh>
but thx muchly for your quick help. now that I know how these things come off I prolly wont bother with the aluminum bits..
desslok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 09:59 PM   #8539
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The best part of the RD Logics bumper is that you can buy 2 for $5.00!

Does anyone have a link to RD Logics?
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:01 PM   #8540
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to True R/C Racing

Quote:
Originally posted by Xtant3150c
The best part of the RD Logics bumper is that you can buy 2 for $5.00!

Does anyone have a link to RD Logics?
http://www.rdlogics.com/store/P_73.htm
True R/C Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:09 PM   #8541
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Mahalo Ariel!
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 10:17 PM   #8542
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Xtant3150c
Mahalo Ariel!
sounds cool
Old 05-08-2004, 09:34 AM   #8543
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to wolfeman09 Send a message via Yahoo to wolfeman09

Has anyone bought this bumper yet? I was looking at it and I can not tell if it is trimmed like the Trinity bumper or just an exact replica of the AE bumper which sucks.

I hope it is and not an exact replica of the AE bumper in which you have to trim. I know it is not a big deal, but I am lazy and rather purchase the Trinity one of this one is not.

Thanks...
wolfeman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 09:47 AM   #8544
Tech Elite

If anyone looking for a Factory tc3 w/ Demon1 3mm Carbon Fiber chassis. look on for sale thread
Old 05-09-2004, 12:55 PM   #8545
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nrctc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nrctc3

For the front droop where do I get it from? The bottom of the arm, or the bottom of the hub? Also, I'm looking to get a new set of ball cups, what ones would you guys recomend?
Nrctc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 01:45 PM   #8546
Tech Apprentice

Default ball cups

for ball cups I always replace the associated ends with RPM ends .. on the TC3 you have to shave the tops a bit to get wheel clearence but the beefer ends are worth it ... I shave mine with a dremel tool and a standard (#420) cutoff wheel .. I just go down the thickness of the wheel ... and in the diameter of the wheel on the arbor and it works wonders for up to 28mm foams .. if your running outdors with 30mm reas you will have to go a bit further .. but for 28's on carpet .. its perfect .... hope that helps ... also upgrade to lunsford Titanium Turnbuckles for a better turnbuckle at about the same weight.

for the droop measurement I always do mine on the arm with the shock off and the C-hub or rear hub off .... but thats just me .. you can do it with everything on but I always take everything off .. all the associated setupsheets are measured from the arms ( per a factory driver .. I asked to make sure )

roddude65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 01:51 PM   #8547
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to etzkev

Quote:
Originally posted by wolfeman09
Has anyone bought this bumper yet? I was looking at it and I can not tell if it is trimmed like the Trinity bumper or just an exact replica of the AE bumper which sucks.

I hope it is and not an exact replica of the AE bumper in which you have to trim. I know it is not a big deal, but I am lazy and rather purchase the Trinity one of this one is not.

Thanks...
The RD Logics TC3 bumpers are the only bumpers I use now. they are more dense (more protection) and they wear sooo much longer than all others, I will never change. You do need to trim them though. If you would like a pic, let me know.

-etzkev
etzkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 01:59 PM   #8548
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nrctc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nrctc3

I used the Trinity bumper for one race and it broke. I think I'll give that RD Logics bumper a try, the price is alot better! You get 2 for the price of one!
Nrctc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 04:43 PM   #8549
Tech Rookie

Hi!

Why should the lunsford Titanium Turnbuckles be better than the ft ones?

another question...ich heard that you should dremel a little bit of the underside of the adjustment cam to solve the heat prob of the tc3.Could sb tell me what this is and how to fix it.Thx a lot

mc_rr

Last edited by MC_RR; 05-09-2004 at 04:50 PM.
MC_RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 07:54 PM   #8550
Tech Apprentice

Default Turnbuckles

hello Mc_RR

Lunsfords are about twice the thickness of the FT parts from associated ... I have seen the FT's bent very easily .. I have yet to bend a lunsford ... they are just that good for a very marginal weight gain ... also I do believe the lunsfords have a lifetime warranty for bent turnbuckles ... ( dont quote me I have never had to use it yet ... all my cars have them 2 FTTC3 and a NTC3 ). But I have never had a bent one and I have had some wicked hits... I had a servo failure with the nitro and sent the car into a 1ft high concrete curb at just about full throttle .. the chassis was toast .. but the turnbuckles were all ok ... it hit at an angle to the left front ... about a 30* hit from dead straight ... doing I'd guess 40 mph or so .. full fuel load .... the left front went back far enough to smash the gas tank ... but the turnbuckle never bent and was still attached at both ends. Thats why I use em....

as far as dremeling the underside of the adjustment cam .. I have never heard of this ... about the only thing I do is get the hot motors out of the car as soon as possible ... I have yet to have a FT chassis tweek due to hot motors .. but I usually run stock or 19t so i dont have the super high heat of the mods ... my normal track has 2 minutes between rounds .. thats normally plenty of time to get back to the pits .. unsolder the motor and pull it ... at most it sits in there for the 5 minute heat that follows mine ...

E

Last edited by roddude65; 05-09-2004 at 08:01 PM.
roddude65 is offline   Reply With Quote