R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-25-2004, 08:58 AM   #8446
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Nrctc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nrctc3

I have a 37t on it now, so I guess I was pretty close.
Nrctc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 10:17 PM   #8447
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to mkennedy
Default diff gear

john s-the pinion gear(the new whitish one) on the input shaft doesn't fit in the old tranny cases.You'll prob. need to upgrade to the newer ones(tranny cases), they are the same as the NTC3> Hope this helps.....kennedy
Old 04-26-2004, 05:33 AM   #8448
Tech Master

Re: Brushless TC3

Quote:
Originally posted by ozi
Hi guys I was just wondering has anybody got any tips or problems with puting a novak brushless in a TC3. I have just bought a car im going to use for Mod and thought i would give brushless a go.
I haven't tried it to my FT TC3 bro??.. As far as I know if you wish to put a brushless motor on your kit be sure to use the compatible ESC for the brushless motor dude?!!. Brushless motor usually comes with an ESC w/c is matched to the specs of a brushless motor.. Hope I somehow help you dude...
Wency_TA03R-PRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 05:37 AM   #8449
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Nrctc3
Speaking of heatsinks & fans... Check out this fan/heatsink that can go on any car. It's made by JCE-Racing

http://rcxotic.com/article217.html
Nice link bro!!!..
Old 04-26-2004, 05:39 AM   #8450
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by johnbull
Hi guys.Greetings from Malta.

DOTMAN.

The motorclamp is a Fastrax part. I bought it from CML in UK. CML only sell to shops.

TC3s are still winning everywhere. In England Olly Jefferies won the first round of the BTCC last weekend.

Here in Malta we cleaned up again in both Super Stock and Modified, with wins in all 3 mod finals for son Josh, and wins in all 3 super stock finals for Adrian, both running John Bull Racing prepared TC3s.

Both cars were ballistic.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Thanks for the updates bro!!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 05:43 AM   #8451
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by True R/C Racing
wow .01 sec Servo? if you find that let me know.
For a .11 which is fast with about 120-130 torque its like a Futaba 9450,futaba9451 aroun 50$ used.

for a .06 sec 130 torque your looking at around 75$
Just want some suggestions?.. guys what can you say about S3003 servo?? Do I need to replace it with S9451??. Appreciate your reply...
Old 04-26-2004, 05:51 AM   #8452
Tech Master

Cool

Quote:
Originally posted by Cain
Hey all.

I got a BMI TC3 that I am using the Reedy heatsink / fan. Works great. Just a few questions:

1. I heard that if you put the input for the fan in the battery spot instead of the third channel you will get more rpm for the fan, is that true?

2. I got the old arms on my tc3 with the single holes. So far the car handles well, what will getting the new arms and mounting to the new arm position due on the car?

3. I just ordered a set of sway bars to have as a tuning option as I run on carpet. When running the sway bars front and rear, what will the car feel like ? I am looking to get quicker change of direction as it seems I am getting alittle bit more chassis roll than I like.

Thanks!
Bro what motor are you using in a technical race track??. what's your gearing and pinion pitch??.. Hope you could share some advice dude!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 10:04 AM   #8453
Tech Addict

chrz m8 also i was wondering what the handling diffrence is to the losi rear hubs? or is it jsut a reliability thing? my car still has the original first batch of suspension arms and front/rear knuckles and c hubs on it, the only thing that has been put on it is a graphite chassis and a blue shaft. Been very reliant sicne the day i got it
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:23 AM   #8454
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 230 (100%+)

well, here is some of the info I have, sorry took so long to respond.

I run a BMI TC3 on a track with a 96ft straight and is about 36 ft wide. In general the carpet is alittle slick as we have run purple / plaid combo and even when sauced they have alittle drift to them.

I run tan / cyan now and that seems to grip much better.

I pretty much has the stock carpet setup other than the following:

1. tires as stated
2. 60W front, 40W rear as track as some bump to it
3. yellow springs front, gold in the rear
4. 3mm droop front, 2mm droop rear
5. 4mm ride height
6. chassis length short ( spacers in front of rear carrier )
7. battery position to the front
8. stratus body ( RTR model )
9 . BMI chassis conversion
10. old style front and rear arms
11. no sway bars ( on order )

this setup got me into the A-main, and I think the only issue I am having right now is that I want alittle faster change of direction but I don't want the rear to be too loose. I tried going to a red ( 22 lb spring I believe ) in the rear and it did what I was looking for but was too loose. I am thinking to get alittle more change of direction I am going to run the sway bars front and rear first and then maybe look into a shock oil or shock position change in the rear.

I don't want to deviate much from this setup as it feels close to dialed on this track.

By the way, the Reedy fan works great, it even worked great on my Reedy Spec 19 turn motor ( silver can model ) that has the endbell sealed up more than normal. Great little unit, just tweak it some so it stays on better.
Cain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 09:21 AM   #8455
Tech Legend

tt
Old 04-27-2004, 11:46 AM   #8456
Tech Elite

Post Weight Balance

Question:

Is it more important to have the weight balanced on a TC3, sacraficing level ride height?

Or is it more important ot be close to even weight distribution, with level ride height- meaning some springs are going to have more pre-load at static than others?

I recently did the Four scales thing. At 5mm ride height, the weight was off considerable. So, I went to even preload, placed on scales, added some weight in strategic areas, the adjusted preload to get the weight even. The car felt great, but the ride height wasn't even using this method.
PitCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:45 PM   #8457
Tech Regular

What do people see as the best after market chassis kit for the TC3 i.e. BMI, D1 or D2 and im sure there are others?

I race on ashphalt and smooth concrete.
Cheers!

Mossie
Mossie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:14 AM   #8458
Tech Master

Default Re: Weight Balance

Quote:
Originally posted by PitCrew
Question:

Is it more important to have the weight balanced on a TC3, sacraficing level ride height?

Or is it more important ot be close to even weight distribution, with level ride height- meaning some springs are going to have more pre-load at static than others?

I recently did the Four scales thing. At 5mm ride height, the weight was off considerable. So, I went to even preload, placed on scales, added some weight in strategic areas, the adjusted preload to get the weight even. The car felt great, but the ride height wasn't even using this method.
Pitcrew, Read this thread it should answer all of your questions. Weight Distribution - How to do perfectly?
Old 04-28-2004, 04:45 AM   #8459
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to R/C Anonymous

Quote:
Originally posted by Mossie
What do people see as the best after market chassis kit for the TC3 i.e. BMI, D1 or D2 and im sure there are others?

I race on ashphalt and smooth concrete.
Cheers!

Mossie
Mossie there really isnt a best right now...the aftermarket chassis is just as good as the stock chassis or a touch better(if you are worried about motor heat warping the chassis) ...its all about what u can afford and what you want for looks....both kits im sure you can get in 2.5mm or 3mm chassis kits(depending on your application. asphalt or carpet.)...theres others out on the market (yes) and im sure there will be more out on the market too
Old 04-28-2004, 04:56 AM   #8460
Tech Legend

I believe the BMI chassis is much better than the stock chassis as it doesn't warp, is very stiff, and the position of the motor and batteries is much more centered. This really helps alot in the handling department. I feel more consistent with the vehicle.