R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-05-2004, 04:28 PM   #8236
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by rc_1uk
the brand of your kit isnt the thing.

its all down to personal preference.
You're exactly right, asking for advice here is simply asking for different opinions. Take what we say and go online to do research. Make your own opinions based on ALL the information. A good place to start is by looking at what the Team drivers use in their cars, but realise that it may work for them, but not for your style of driving. Good racing!!!
Java1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:41 PM   #8237
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Motor factors

Does your motor have everything to do with the speed of the car. Obviously the batteries and driver affect it too, i mean with the setup. I need my car to be a little bit quicker in the corners for my particular track, and was wondering if their is a way to help this by adjusting my setup
runnin rc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:45 PM   #8238
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quicker in the corners, are you losing grip and sliding and losing time there, or does the car bog down. Not too sure, take some droop out of the car or try stiffer springs?
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:51 PM   #8239
Tech Adept

Default Re: Motor factors

Quote:
Originally posted by runnin rc10
Does your motor have everything to do with the speed of the car. Obviously the batteries and driver affect it too, i mean with the setup. I need my car to be a little bit quicker in the corners for my particular track, and was wondering if their is a way to help this by adjusting my setup
Motor issues do play a factor on the speed in the corners, fast in and fast out. I sounds more like you need to tweak the chassis, change spring settings, etc. First and foremost, go to the guys turning the fast laps and ask for assistance. 9 times out of 10, they will help you out. Remember, make only one change at a time, check the results and then make another change if you have to. Some tracks (mine included) have set up boards and equipment to help set the chassis for track conditions. If not, ask around for someone who has this stuff and try to buddy up to them. If all else fails, break down and get the equipment yourself. The last thing to consider is: Do you have TOO much traction? Too much can scrub speed off during the turns because the tires want to grip the surface to the extreme. Remember: loose is good, too loose is bad.

Hope I helped and not rambled as ususal.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:51 PM   #8240
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to diskostew

Quote:
Its all about gear ratio... play with differnt gear ratio's you might want to drop a tooth on your pinion. What motor are you running and is it a really tight track or a long fast track?
diskostew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 05:13 PM   #8241
Regional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Mike F

Quote:
Originally posted by True R/C Racing
**FUTABA** IMO is Good. I have had my 9450 Dig one for about 2 years and its Flawless
They also offer a budget digital servo for about $50.00, not bad considering
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 06:04 PM   #8242

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I have never had any trouble with the aluminum screws included in the FT kit. I did switch to Lunsford titanium screws a few months ago, but that was purely because I didn't want my car covered in blue, and I thought the silver screws looked better. I believe I used the aluminum ones for a little over a year - no problems at all.

I also agree with whoever pointed out that Hitec's customer service is suberb. I sent my two bad servos in to them a few years back, and they replaced them with new ones free of charge.

Josh
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 06:09 PM   #8243
Tech Adept

I use the FT screws all over my car and have only ever had one strip, which wasn't too hard to fix.
It depends i guess, some people run all blue, some say you should run steel on the bottom corners of the chassis, others use steel for the whole underside of the car.
It's up to you really
Rory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 07:00 PM   #8244
Tech Addict

i run a green machine 3, a 24 tooth pinion white and purple springs. I run the same springs and tires as everyone else in my class, they have been found the best. The only thing that i have done different is experiment with my shock positions on the tower, They are also geared different, im going to experiment with the gearing and see if that helps.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:30 PM   #8245
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3
Default Re: Re: Motor factors

Quote:
Originally posted by diskostew
Its all about gear ratio... play with differnt gear ratio's you might want to drop a tooth on your pinion. What motor are you running and is it a really tight track or a long fast track?
We have taught you well, young Samurai!!!

Such stiff springs(carpet racing). Anyways, Monster Stock motors are the most funny things... They don't seem to respond much to "tweaking". The stock Red/Green and 4499NT brushes setup is all you really need to go fast. BATTERIES are the main differences, then GEARING is the second MAJOR factor. If you are using "old, outdated" batteries, someone with newer battteries will be able to push out more voltage and get the car to pull harder. Gearing is a "limiter" as to how much ampage is drawn from your batteries, too tall, and your car will feel "flat" towards the end of the run, too short, and you will get pulled down the straights.

The Green Machine has a slight torque advantage over the Monster, and the Binary has more RPM than the Monster.(both are the same concept though)

NOTE: I have never raced on Carpet before, BUT from carpet racers, I have heard that you are supose to gear WAY DOWN(lower pinion size)...
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 07:33 PM   #8246
Tech Adept

Quote:
i run a green machine 3, a 24 tooth pinion white and purple springs. I run the same springs and tires as everyone else in my class, they have been found the best. The only thing that i have done different is experiment with my shock positions on the tower, They are also geared different, im going to experiment with the gearing and see if that helps.
I'm curious, are the other racers running Green Machine 3's as well? If not try a new motor, the Monster is a nice change
Also, I know the suggested starting pinnion for the TC3 on a 27 turn stock motor is 28 teeth. When I ran in Roseville, Ca, they had a nice tight track with a large sweeping turn and nice straightaway. I was running a P2K at the time and actually was passing in the straight using a 31 took pinion! I would definately try the gearing first if the other parts are dialed in as you say.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:51 PM   #8247
Tech Addict

um im not sure bout how many green machines, some monster stocks, its just that with this track, you want all the low end power you can get, now wether my green machine will give that to me or not i dont know, but i might try my p2k 2. i will definatley try gearing it different.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:53 PM   #8248
Tech Adept

Send a message via Yahoo to diskostew
Default Re: Re: Re: Motor factors

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubblestc3
We have taught you well, young Samurai!!!

See bubbles... I was paying attention in class...
diskostew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 09:39 PM   #8249
Tech Master

Quote:
Try posting your entire setup. And maybe even a picture of the track. The more information you can give the better ideas we can share. A question cant contain too much information.
Old 04-06-2004, 02:09 AM   #8250
Tech Initiate

your cars speed and handling can be changed just by adding or removing the smallest things.

the reciever and where the switch is changes handling.

a good setup would be any reciever.
good quality motor torque 100+
speedo i use quantum pro sport
servo good speed and torque
cells not much affect but duration.
ratio is very important.

stock motors use about 31/68 in tc3
19t use 32/68
and super tourers use 27/68

richard
rc_1uk is offline   Reply With Quote