Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 10:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Drfting question

Originally posted by Mike F
I search this site for the answer but I couldn't find it. I know it was posted once befoer but I can't recall by who.

My question is this.
Down the str8t, the car will drift to the side and once I recenter it, it drifts again.

Here's my set up and equipment

Front
Rear shock tower up front, middle hole on shock tower, lower outter hole on A arm, 40 weight, silver srings. Camber link upper inner hole. 1.5 degree of camber. Locked diff
no toe in

Rear
Middle hole on shock tower, lower outter hole on A arm, 40 weight, blue spring. Camber link upper inner hole. 1.5 degree of camber. Short wheel base.

2 degree toe in

Tires- take off's 27
Servo - Hitec digital
Esc gt7
monster stock motor

I've used the RPM ball cups throughout the car with the exception of the lower steering links, they have the original ass. ball cups.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm leaning towards the lower ball cups on the steering links or more camber up front

i've noticed you posted silver springs in front and blue in the rear. shouldn't that be the other way around?---stiffer springs in the front and one rate softer in the rear?
Old 04-03-2004, 10:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking

oops sorry guys....didn't see subject line
Old 04-03-2004, 10:50 AM
Tech Elite

I am 95% sure that your servo is the problem. I've owned two Hitec servos in the past and they both exibited the same problem you described after time - they don't return to center well at all. I have also heard numerous other people with the same problem. If posisble, change the servo for that of another brand and see if your problem goes away.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys & girls. I just got my FT TC3 and it has a Tekin G-10 esc. I was wondering if I should do anything to the car before I race it. I have motors & batteries & all that. Also, if anyone has an experience with the Tekin G-10 esc, please contact me. I need to learn how to get more brakes. Thanks for your help!
Old 04-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a RTR tc3 and have had it for about 6-8 weeks now, and i am very happy with it. I took it to my local track and from the point where i got comfortal to driving on-road i was competeing with the best of them. The first things I would change are the shocks, I would get threaded shock bodies, a better ESC or at least one with forward/brake (no reverse) and later on a better radio. Other than that the car can be competitive. I think by far the best RTR out there.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

[Hey guys & girls. I just got my FT TC3 and it has a Tekin G-10 esc. I was wondering if I should do anything to the car before I race it. I have motors & batteries & all that. Also, if anyone has an experience with the Tekin G-10 esc, please contact me. I need to learn how to get more brakes. Thanks for your help!]

First thing I would do is replace the Tekin ESC. (LOL) Actually, they are good, reliable ESC's for a little while, then they get "twitchy" and, since they are no longer in business, you end up having to buy a different brand ESC anyway. I'm speaking from experience, I swore I would buy nothing but Tekin, but now that there is no one to back up their product, and Novak has severely improved their's, I'm a Novak guy.

But if you would like to stay with Tekin, the brake problem is in your transmitter, not ESC. The ESC is only doing what it's told to do by your transmitter. What radio system are you using? Running a FT TC3 with a Blazer Sport won't cut it. You will need something with end point adjustments, and possibly anti-lock braking (Airtronics M8, for example) but I don't recommend breaking the bank just for more brakes.

As for any upgrades, the FT TC3 has everything you could want and one important thing you don't: ALUMINUM SCREWS!!! Spring for the Hardcore Racing titanium screw kit. Everyone says to trim the weight, but not everyone has had to drill out an aluminum screw beacuse the head broke off whe some hack jammed you into the wall!! (sounds like I speak from experience, eh?)

*whew* My rambling is done and I hope this has helped.
Old 04-04-2004, 01:06 AM
Tech Adept

Actually java Tekin have just started up again, so support should be good for a g-10

and the problem might be with the tx, but its just as likely to be a speedy thing, as most decent speedies have various brake adjustments.

Mike: sounds like the problem is something with the car itself, rather than setup. does the car drift or more steer in one direction? if it drifts it will be something like tweak or droop or whatever as suggested by others, if its steering it will almost certainly be the servo, or you might have stripped front hubs or something
Old 04-04-2004, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

Default Tekin ESC

Glad to hear that Tekin is comming back, be nice to see what they have to offer this time around. As for the ESC being the braking prob, if my memory serves me right, the G-10 was a one touch set up without too many adjustments available. It came out before the new wave of "multi-adjustable" one touch set up ESC's. When I raced with mine, I had to make all the adjustments on the transmitter, not the ESC. If the company is back, always better to check with them, but hey, who needs brakes anyway, they just slow you down!!!! LOL
Old 04-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Regional Moderator

Default Re: Re: Drfting question

Originally posted by tirbolag
i've noticed you posted silver springs in front and blue in the rear. shouldn't that be the other way around?---stiffer springs in the front and one rate softer in the rear?
Your correct tribolag, thanks for pointing that out.
Old 04-04-2004, 10:38 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Speedo
I am 95% sure that your servo is the problem. I've owned two Hitec servos in the past and they both exibited the same problem you described after time - they don't return to center well at all. I have also heard numerous other people with the same problem. If posisble, change the servo for that of another brand and see if your problem goes away.
I'll try that first speedo, thanks
Old 04-04-2004, 01:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by runnin rc10
I have a RTR tc3 and have had it for about 6-8 weeks now, and i am very happy with it. I took it to my local track and from the point where i got comfortal to driving on-road i was competeing with the best of them. The first things I would change are the shocks, I would get threaded shock bodies, a better ESC or at least one with forward/brake (no reverse) and later on a better radio. Other than that the car can be competitive. I think by far the best RTR out there.
Other than threaded shocks, I would upgrade to a better set of tires than what come on the RTR. Tires are the basis of what setup you run, and if they don't grip, the setup will not matter. After tires, I would upgrade to a better speedcontrol than the LRP Runner.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Mike F
I'll try that first speedo, thanks
I went through the same problem with my 12th scale and it was also the HiTech servo I was using.
Old 04-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Actually the braking problem was the esc, since I switched radios and didn't reset the esc. Now it has no problems. As for the esc being twicthy, I dont notice it! The guy who had it before my had it since it came out and it works great!!! Thanks for your help guys!
Old 04-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default Factory Team TC3

OK, so apparently I had a bunk Tekin ESC, oh well. As for the other advice: DITCH THE ALLUMINUM SCREWS!!! You will thank me later, even the best drivers get hacked and the aluminum screws break real easy. Or did I get a bad batch of screws along with my bunk ESC? LOL ( I didn't think my luck was THAT bad)

Keep smiling, if it's not fun, it's not a hobby but a chore!!!!
Old 04-04-2004, 07:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have never had any problems with Aluminium screws. I have never striped a screw, or broke one in a crash. I guess you got some bad screws...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.