R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 02-23-2004, 09:38 PM   #8011
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Quote:
Originally posted by wyd
You might not need to rebuild the diffs but I'm sure it won't spin freely. You will more tahn likely need to clean out all you bearings and relube with a lightweight oil lik WD40 or something similiar. Then put each transmission back together and after you tighten down the diff cases then check to see how smoothly it spins. You will more than likely need to loosen up your scres on the transmission cases to get it to spin nicely and you might have to use spacers or dremel the cases a little to get it all freed up.
On a rather funny note...
My neighbor recieved a TC3 RTR for Christmas, about a year ago. My racing buddy JUST got a FT TC3 for his Birthday, and worked the drivetrain to make it as free as possibal. The RTR's drive train spun for about seven seconds longer than my friends FT TC3!!!(both stock) I think that he did something wrong as he was building...
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 06:08 AM   #8012
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: losi rear hubs

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubblestc3
The inner hole on the Losi hub is close to the outter hole on the TC3's rear hub(although may be a different height). The holes can be used as a tuning option, you don't just have to use one hole or the other.(inner hole=more steering/less rear traction, outter hole=more rear traction)
thxs for the help
tc3 racer sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 09:27 PM   #8013
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

No problem.
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:46 PM   #8014
Tech Regular

What is the proper procedure for adjusting the tweak out of a car? For instance, if my right front was "heavy", what should I do to correct it?
JWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 12:51 PM   #8015
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by JWATT
What is the proper procedure for adjusting the tweak out of a car? For instance, if my right front was "heavy", what should I do to correct it?
I believe that I would back off of the left rear shock tension to lighten the front right.
sook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2004, 01:53 PM   #8016
Tech Regular

Thanks. Just curious why you suggest adjusting the back, not the front of the car. Also, do you check the car with the rear or front on the stationary side? or check both?
JWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 02:39 AM   #8017
Tech Adept

Default roll center

How other than camber link adjustment,can you change roll center on a tc3?
lowline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 06:26 AM   #8018
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Losi Parts...

The only losi parts i run on my car are the rear hubs.. The ONLY reason i run them is for the longer camber link and also being able to adjust the outside ball on the camber link up or down without having to machine the stocks ones... I feel like when i run the stock location the Stock associated one's are fine..

I usually run 0 degree's losi blocks..

Mike Blackstock
Mike Blackstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 06:29 AM   #8019
Tech Addict

Default Re: roll center

The only other thing you can do besides the camber links, IS to lower or raise the hinge pins.. This will also adjust the rolls center... But the only way to do this is to either have someone mill the f-r blocks down for you or use shims to raise them.. Very little here is huge on the racetracks and VERY noticeable...

Mike Blackstock

Quote:
Originally posted by lowline
How other than camber link adjustment,can you change roll center on a tc3?
Mike Blackstock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 09:17 AM   #8020
Tech Adept

Great thanks for the help.
lowline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 04:43 PM   #8021
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default tweak?

I think I have a " tweak problem" in that when entering a corner off power turning left the car would rotate quickly and cause the back end to enter a skid while turning right off power the car is hooked up. Without having to say I have a tweak problem is there anything else you guys can think off that would cause this. The problem is more pronounced when I run a D5 than a KR motor, since the D5 seems to have some drag brake effect. This problems gets worse toward the 4 minute mark. Without giving more information on setup could heat from the motor and batteries be a factor in chassis tweak?
Da4head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2004, 11:59 PM   #8022
Tech Regular

I would just make sure that all the hinge pins are straight, and make sure that the droop is set correctly.

When this occurs, are you using brake?
Because when I was at the Tamiya track not too long ago, I was setting my trim and had to go back and forth with my EVOIII. Then to stop, and turn I would use the brakes and the car would spin out to the left.(not touching the wheel)
Suposedly when the battery is on the left side, and the brakes are applied the "torque brake" makes the right side VERY light, and the right side tires loose traction. I solved it by just never using brakes(I didn't anyways).

I have also had very hot batteries and motors in my car, but I doubt that it warped my chassis. Although I have broken many cams on that car...
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 01:27 AM   #8023
Tech Addict

mike b - i've been told once the tweak is set on a car, to tighten up the droop to take up any slack of non-sprung travel. what is your take on this, and how do you set droop?

p.s. if this has been posted somewhere on the previous 267 pages, sorry for being repetitive, didn't go searching through all that!
gee-dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 11:52 AM   #8024
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Bubbles,

Thanks for your help, I checked the hinge pins and it seems the factory ones are slightly bent. When rear toe is measured on the hudy, the left side had about 2-1/2 degrees and the right side had about 2 degrees. I got some Bud's hinge pins ( seems the factory ones are rather soft) and now both sides read 2 degrees. Do you think the difference can cause that much of a problem.
Da4head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2004, 12:54 PM   #8025
Tech Regular

When you have different toe on one side of the rear on the car, mostlikely the car's rear end will drift out to one side. Yet with only half of a degree of difference, it should not cause any problems.

I have also found that when using a rear bumper helps in "tweak prevention" in the fact that it is held center by the diff cases, and when you get hit on the rear arm(hmmmm, should be called a Leg... ) it has four screws holding the rear block to the chassis, rather than two.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote