Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2004, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm really doubt you will find any place that sells that part seperatly. You will probably have to contact IRS, or just tape your batteries down.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:02 PM
Tech Initiate

that was my wort fear. anybody else have any ideas i don't want to tape my batts.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by DZBMF
that was my wort fear. anybody else have any ideas i don't want to tape my batts.
see if some aftermarket battery posts will do. I know there are some for the yokomo sd and other cars. Taping isn't a bad thing, i prefer it over battery posts.
Old 02-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: tc3 asphalt

Originally posted by J FAST
hey guys i was wondering is the tc3 as fast as it is on asphalt as it is on carpet ? i have a xray i was thinking of running outdoors but if the tc3 is as good as it is on carpet i think i might just run it outdoors what do you guys think?
thanks
Jesse
I have had no problems with the TC3 going fast on asphalt. I personally have never raced on carpet before, so I do not know how fast my car can go on carpet, but my car is fast on asphalt.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:16 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The TC3 is fast on any surface. I didin't run carpet for 6 years and put a suggested setup on my TC3 I was given by a friend that was running carpet and it was like I never missed running on carpet. Car was hooked and fast right from the beginning. The TC3 is a very versitale car.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:39 AM
Tech Adept

Hi guys I need some help. I have an IRS tc3, I am looking for the blue post that holds the batteries in place its the blue post in the front of the car. it is held in by a screw from the bottem of the chassie and a screw with the hole in it on the top to mount the batteries tight. sorry i don't know the name i just traded for this car. i checked the irs site and tower hobbies. its the front mount for the battery brace. please help me find a place to buy this.

I love the way this car handles i had the yok sd but i could not get a good setup for it. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!
Speaking of the IRS TC3; I don't see many people discussing it. But I know that a lot of people have them. Does it perform so well that no discussion is required?
Old 02-19-2004, 05:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default IRS TC3

We have a couple people at our track that run them. I think that the newer aftermarket chassis from BMI and Warpspeed are better designes. I know my BMI has the batteries much closer to the center then the IRS, as well as being a stiffer setup. (And the irs DOES have the extra supports around the outside). I wouldn't be suprised if IRS changes there milling to get the batts closer to the shaft since all the new chassis are that way and there seems to be a lot of people milling the tub chassis to do the same thing.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

The reason no one is talking about the IRS chassis is because its useless as a race chassis. My tub chassis has less flex than one of those things. IMO just a piece of junk. Surprising tho as IRS makes excellent products otherwise.
Old 02-19-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi guys I need some help. I have an IRS tc3, I am looking for the blue post that holds the batteries in place its the blue post in the front of the car. it is held in by a screw from the bottem of the chassie and a screw with the hole in it on the top to mount the batteries tight. sorry i don't know the name i just traded for this car. i checked the irs site and tower hobbies. its the front mount for the battery brace. please help me find a place to buy this.

I love the way this car handles i had the yok sd but i could not get a good setup for it. please help!!!!!!!!!!!!
I used to run an IRS chassis. I may have what you're looking for but it's been awhile since I've looked at it and am not exactly sure what part you're missing. Can you post a picture of your chassis so I can see what you're referring too
Old 02-19-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

I do not see any reason why taping the batteries would not work. I tape the batteries down in both of my sedans that I currently drive right now(thinking of taping batteries in B4 as well), and I have had no battery fall out of my car. As long as you tape the battery in the car correctly, it should not go anywhere... (it should accually be an advantage, because when you have to add weight to your car to make it legal, you can put the weight under the steering rack or something in the center... )
Old 02-19-2004, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

I run the IRS chassis. My friend has the warpspeed and my IRS seemed to handle better.We had similiar setups(different electronincs). I think its because the Warpspeed is designed for carpet, therefore will handle better on carpet than on asphalt
Old 02-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Tech Master

Call IRS. They will sell you whatever you need directly.
Joe
Old 02-20-2004, 01:37 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by MarchTC3
I run the IRS chassis. My friend has the warpspeed and my IRS seemed to handle better.We had similiar setups(different electronincs). I think its because the Warpspeed is designed for carpet, therefore will handle better on carpet than on asphalt
Do you run the chassis stiffeners?
Old 02-20-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Initiate

thanks guys
Old 02-20-2004, 03:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

jmeadowz, no i do not run the chassis stiffeners. I just have the graphite chassis and the standoffs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.