Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Shaft One-way

I'm very happy w/my GPM Shaft one-way.
www.hobbyetc.com
Old 02-06-2004, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

The Yokomo and the Associated one-way's are pretty much the same thing now, both heavy duty. We have sold a lot of them and I have not heard of to many people having problems with them. The first Associated one-way, well that is a different story.

If you can't find them in your country or local area we have them in stock and reasonable shipping charges.

Kraig
KT Hobbies
Old 02-06-2004, 09:33 AM
Tech Adept

I run the Associtated heavy duty one way and I have never had a problem with them... I have seen a ton of the old ones break, but the new ones are really strong... I have been running this one way for months with no problems at all.
Old 02-06-2004, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Help

How would you correct the understeer that is caused by using a spool?

What would be be the first changes that I shoud make?

Like do i use 2 or 4 degrees c-hub? And so on...

Thanks -- it will be a big help!

Peace and Happy Racing!
Old 02-06-2004, 10:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys are the one ways for the nitro tc3 and tc3 are the same besides the fact that the outdrive cups are different length?
thanks
johnny
Old 02-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Lem 2

Using a 4 degree will help with initial turn in, while smoothing the effects at the end of the turn. This might lead to pushing out of the corner. If you don't have this problem coming out of the corner, you can also add the F-2 block in the front. This will increase your caster to 6 degrees and let you have much more initial turn in.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:01 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Re: Help

Originally posted by lem2
How would you correct the understeer that is caused by using a spool?

What would be be the first changes that I shoud make?

Like do i use 2 or 4 degrees c-hub? And so on...

Thanks -- it will be a big help!

Peace and Happy Racing!
I would use the 4 degree caster blocks with the F-0 front block. If you have alot of rear traction you can run the f block in rear and then the 2+2 rear block and get on degree of rear toe in and then you will have alot of steering. On carpet I use the 3+2 block which will now be 2 degrees or rear toe in.
Old 02-06-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Does anyone know Any Hobby Store Were I Can Get Carbon Fiber Shock tower. That accept COD or Money order.

Thanks alot
Old 02-07-2004, 07:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default stonedgti / wyd

thanks for your replies!! will try all of them!
peace and happy racing!

GSR40-try rcmodel.com.hk they are advertisers here at RCTECH
Old 02-07-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default Rubber or Foam?

With cost not being a factor, what type of tire (for carpet racing) would you guys recommend a rookie driver start with to gain experience? And why?
Old 02-07-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Buy a set of rubber tires and have someone help you glue them up. Get some Sorex 28R/24R or Pit 27/24 instead of 24/20 compounds because they will last longer. The lower the number the softer the compound - more traction but more wear. You won't be competitive right away until you get some practice so some rubber tires with good wear like the 28/24 are your best bet. You'll chunk foam tires if you're learning to drive, and you'd need a tire truer also. Not to mention having to check droop and ride height after each run.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Default Printing whold thread

Printing whole thread
Can anyone tell me how to print the whole thread and not just page showing on screen. I go to printable version and try to click on the show all post to thread, but it doesn't seem to be working.
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-08-2004, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Back from the Birds... ALOT of competition! I had a horrible glitch issue through all of my practice runs and my first qualifier, with minor occasional hits during the last two qualifiers. It was really hard to get a clean run! I ran Sportsman 19T with the Epic adjustable 19T motor. I qualified 9th in the B main, a family situation caused me to leave early and had a DNS for the main. The track wasnt too technical, but the amount of grip was amazing... over 10,000 collective laps were run on the first day of controlled practice!! You can imagine the rubber on the carpet. In all my years of racing i have never had to set a car up to get RID of traction!! The track began to deteriorate, and by the first day of qualifying, it was hard on TC and REAL hard on 1/12th scale. By my third qualifier, there were pieces of duct tape on parts of the track where the carpet was worn away!! Mind you, this carpet was installed brand new on Sunday, and worn out in a week! At any rate, the TC3 ran well. I broke only twice during practice, one was a front outdrive, the second was a front arm and hingepin. Not bad for so much fender rubbing there!

Proficar403 was in my main as well, he was two seconds ahead of me, and drove very well all weekend! His TC3 center brace pictured earlier in this thread was sweeeet! Ill see ya at TFB soon!! MikeWebb, it was good to meet you man! I didnt get to watch the mains but i hope you did well! Arvin Nano, good to see you again bro, hope to run with ya again next year! Melvin, all i can say is, thank you for all of your help, it was great to pit/race with you again! Just makes me miss racing with ya all the more... Until next year...

- Dave
Old 02-09-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey, just wanna see if my avatar is working
Old 02-09-2004, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Where do i find out about the running the f block on the rear of the car as i have been using one for a while as i bust a few r blocks don't ask... and what do i need to use to make it work porperly.

smokes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.