Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Randman - I have had problems with some double-deck cars tweaking after a hit but I haven't really experienced that with the Warp car.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default BMI Chassis

Originally posted by Rory
i know the warpspeed changes the layout, but i think the BMI and IRS chassis' are the same
The IRS chassis is the same. Although the BMI doesn't switch sides w/battery placement, the slots are made to be as close to the center as possible with-out making the batteries rub on the shaft. As far as stiffness, the BMI has a 3mm bottom plate and a 2mm OR 3mm top plate. (most running carpet are getting the car w/3mm plate. I purchased a BMI chassis last last year (december) and have enjoyed it. Allso, Jason (owner BMI) has given me TOP NOTCH support with my questions. Another option with the bmi, is it comes drilled for either the std tc3 steering rack, and holes for the NTC3 steering rack giving it more tuning options. Another thing about the batter slots is they come pre chamferred so the battery lays flush with the bottom of the chassis. Makes for less work when assembling the car.

Before I purchased the BMI, I looked at the demon 1 and 2. I'm not really sure what made me by the BMI. I just happend I guess.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Randman
Thank you for the info Brian.

One thing I don't fully understand is that with a double deck, if the chassis twists enough, the screws will slightly shift and cause tweak. Of coarse this is less likely to happen with the stiffer chassis, but it does still happen. You wont have that problem with the tub chassis that the car comes with stock.

mmm not the case with the warp car randman I know you have seen me drive and I know You have seen me hit some stuff pretty hard but it never goes out of tweak . NOT ONCE. I have checked out the yok SD and it does have a lot of flex in it probably due to the thin graphite that is used . but both my warp cars are 3mm kits and are very stiff. next time we race come over and check them out
Old 01-29-2004, 06:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is it an instant change in performance
with the bmi and worpspeed chassis
Old 01-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally posted by carkillaii
That would be hard for me to say honestly. When I took all my components off the tub chassis, I rebuilt the shocks, replaced some "warn" parts, purchased new tires and performed maintance that was in DIER need of being done. I can say, that after the BMI was assembled and I started running it, I think it was handeling better then my tc3 ever did. But that could be partly due to when I started driving my tc3, I was a rookie and now I've got some skills. (not a lot...but some)
Old 01-29-2004, 06:29 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I just built my BMI car and will be running on Saturday. I went with them because when I looked at it and compared the features it was the overall best for me. I like the fact that I didn't have to file the chassis. Most kits today seem to have alot of work to do to them once you get them, like filing battery slots. Also once I saw BMI's shop with the total state of the art equipment that also swayed me. The final point was Jason of BMI was very helpful and didn't put down any other manufacture and has total confidence in his product. I had my chassis overnighted and showed up right on time.

The best is look at all the chassis out their, Hardcore Racing, Extreme, Warpspeed, BMI, IRS and a few others I missed and go witht he one that offers the most features that work for you and then go for it. None of the ones out suck so you will get something good no matter what you get. Good luck as it is tough.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by carkillaii
I must say when i switched my lap times did improve. the car felt planted and would go where i wanted it to go.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Acyrier i could not agree with u more (lol)

Wyd let me know how ur car runs cuz im looking hard at BMI
Old 01-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

yeah but you suck howard.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by protc3
yeah but you suck howard.
get back in the shower stinky
Old 01-29-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

PUNK
Old 01-29-2004, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

The only two chassis out for the TC3 in the states that are actually competitive are the Warpspeed and BMI cars. The IRS is all show and no go (flexes like a noodle) and the hardcore one is HEAVY.

Both the Warpspeed and BMI cars are very good. They both have some similar and many different features. You can pick the one that appeals to you most.

I can tell you close to everything you want to know about the Warpspeed Demon kit.

Randman, yeah I've heard of that happening, but that is not happening with my car. IF it ever takes a tweak in a hit, it'd be a hard hit for one, and i'd be more worried about other components on the car (arms, pins, other bent stuff etc.).

Jason don't forget to scrubb!
Old 01-29-2004, 06:59 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by howard hudson
mmm not the case with the warp car randman I know you have seen me drive and I know You have seen me hit some stuff pretty hard but it never goes out of tweak . NOT ONCE. I have checked out the yok SD and it does have a lot of flex in it probably due to the thin graphite that is used . but both my warp cars are 3mm kits and are very stiff. next time we race come over and check them out
The reason for the flex with the Yokomo isn't how thick the chassis is, it's how crappy the chassis material is. I'll be sure to check your cars out next time we race the same race, but I'm not out at parking lot stuff too often, SoCal is my home...
Old 01-29-2004, 07:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by DOTMAN
One of the reasons is because the Tub does tweak or warp from the heat of the motor. Another is weight. The double deck setup is stiffer too. If you want stiffer, you can however add an upper deck to your tub chassis
That's something I definately think Yokomo has improved over the Yokomo on is that the motor doesn't mount to carbon, it mounts to aluminum. Although it looks just like the TC3, it should be warp resistant.
Old 01-29-2004, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Randman,

Check out the Warpspeed Yokomo chassis kit, looks sweet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.