Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

WYD: I purchased the ceramic pro bearing kit from Acer, the diff bearings came in it as a bonus. Im sure they sell every bearing they have in stock separately. I would hop on the phone and give them a quick call, tell them what you want, and they will have them to you in a matter of days. Sometimes you can spend hours on this friggen box looking... when all it takes is a call to get what you want in ALOT less time. All this information on the internet, not enough time to look at it!

- Dave
Old 01-27-2004, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have mentioned this before... MEK will clean bearings REALLY well... dissolving carpet fibers and rubber deposits. MEK (Methyl Ethyl Ketone) is a BAD chemical. It has severe health risks. But you can goto your local Lowes or Home Depot and purchase a gallon can for under 5$. Use a baby food jar (glass) and some steel screen cut to fit the bottom of the jar. The glass jar doesnt dissolve from the chemical, and the steel screen allows dirt to fall away from the bearings. Anything else is chemically dissolved in hours. All seals, unless stainless steel, should be removed. Rubber gloves should be worn, and MEK needs to be used in a well ventilated area.

- Dave
Old 01-27-2004, 07:30 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by DaveW
WYD: I purchased the ceramic pro bearing kit from Acer, the diff bearings came in it as a bonus. Im sure they sell every bearing they have in stock separately. I would hop on the phone and give them a quick call, tell them what you want, and they will have them to you in a matter of days. Sometimes you can spend hours on this friggen box looking... when all it takes is a call to get what you want in ALOT less time. All this information on the internet, not enough time to look at it!

- Dave
Thanks Dave. With the snow I have time to surf the web as this is my slow time of year anyways. Can't install and measure for fencing with 8 inches of snow on the ground.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

ok i put the f block in the rear of my tc3 with a 3-2 rear, i spaced the front block up .3 to make them equal. I did it becuase everyone says to, but what did i gain by doing this?
Old 01-27-2004, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks guys, i was looking for the integy one. Im gonna check out local drug stores and such for cheaper jewelry cleaners first though.

Increasing caster in the front: I went to 2 degrees from zero and noticed vastly improved turnin. It also helps center the car a little better down the straights (which is nice with 1 degree toe out up front). I run on a really tight track so its a great improvement.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default steering

Has anyone tried to use diffrent types of steering racks on the TC3. like the NTC3 rack or any home made ideas....I hate the slop in the rack let alone the fact that carpet and everything else gets binded in the rack!!! Basicaly I am looking for a better design
Old 01-27-2004, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by pballkid21587
ok i put the f block in the rear of my tc3 with a 3-2 rear, i spaced the front block up .3 to make them equal. I did it becuase everyone says to, but what did i gain by doing this?
First off, I'm pretty sure you mean .030" because.3" is huge. I don't think you need to run any spacers in the rear with the F and 3+2 blocks in there. What you're doing is lowering the point where the hinge pins are and lowering the roll center.

Blackstock said he used .030 washers under the shock towers, are you referring to that? He also cut .030" off the bumper and an F-0 block to make an F-1 block.

Josh

Last edited by Speedo; 01-27-2004 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-28-2004, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

Horatio. Greetings from Malta.

Get one of Novak's new external schottly diodes from CLM. It will solve your problem with any type of motor.

Just so you know what I am talking about, look at it fitted to my SD in the attached pic. It the bit that's on the servo.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-jan-04-yoke-electrics.jpg  
Old 01-28-2004, 01:40 AM
Tech Elite

Default Hello

Does someone know the new link for the TC3 modification page?
The old link does not work anymore:
http://www.ultimewebtechnologie.net/...ciated_tc3.htm

any helpis highly appreciated!

Lem
Old 01-28-2004, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by johnbull

Get one of Novak's new external schottly diodes from CLM. It will solve your problem with any type of motor.

Just so you know what I am talking about, look at it fitted to my SD in the attached pic. It the bit that's on the servo.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Cheers Joe!

Much appreciated. It's now on order If you weren't so far away, I'd have placed my order through you

Thanks again.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

that seemed to get taken off my gt7, but i only run stock so its not a problem
Old 01-28-2004, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: Hello

http://www.mistercrash.ca/_themes/pa...eering_tc3.htm
You can also go on the Associated website in the personnal links.

Originally posted by lem2
Does someone know the new link for the TC3 modification page?
The old link does not work anymore:
http://www.ultimewebtechnologie.net/...ciated_tc3.htm

any helpis highly appreciated!

Lem
Old 01-28-2004, 07:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by johnbull

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
I upgraded my gt7 with the diode also. It is apparantly supposed to be put on the wires in between the speedo and motor, otherwise it is pointless. The way you have it soldered on is basically having little or no effect on the current flowing between the motor and speed control. This is apparantly why novak sells them pre soldered and heat shrunk. I disassembled mine and resoldered it horizontally on top of the speed control so I could still utilize shorter wires, and have it in the correct location as mentioned.

You can kind of make out what I did in my earlier pic, but I will post another pic later today when I get access to my camera. Just look on top of the gt7 and you can see the diode. (I am editing the post so the pic is in my next post.)

Last edited by Arun; 01-28-2004 at 07:26 AM.
Old 01-28-2004, 07:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-im004200.jpg  
Old 01-28-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Hello

Originally posted by mistercrash
http://www.mistercrash.ca/_themes/pa...eering_tc3.htm
You can also go on the Associated website in the personnal links.
Thank You Very Much!!!!!
Peace and Happy Racing!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.