Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 01-14-2002, 01:29 PM   #751
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Greg Amendola
Default Body Posts

Kraig,

I've painted and trimmed alot of bodies, Stratus in particular. I'm fairly certain we use the 3rd hole from the bottom to mount to which means the 4th hole is where the body clip goes. Any lower than this and your tires(under a soft setup) will rub against the body causing steering issues. Set the body level and trim it at the mold lines in the lexan. I may be off by one hole, but that should help you figure it out...

Good luck, come over TCHR in Minneapolis if your in the area.
Greg Amendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 01:44 PM   #752
Tech Elite

Default Re: servo saver

Quote:
Originally posted by Buda
My servo saver came loose durring my last race so I had to adjust it. I didnt have the manual so I tightened it then backed it off 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn later I toasted that servo what is the best way to adjust it?
On all my TC3's I have done the same adjustment I tighten the screw (1/16" driver) thru the small hole in the chassis until the thread of the nut has completely filled with screw.

On the file that's attached with this post you can see what's my adjustment for the servo saver. I use a Futaba 9450 servo and I needed to adjust on the tight side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg servosaver.jpg (92.5 KB, 219 views)
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 01:45 PM   #753
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Thanks guys, I am looking for a base line and see how I compare my work to others.

Greg, I might just have to do that. Don't talk to Schaub though, he will tell you I am a hack. I can't remember, do you guys run foam or rubber over there? A bunch of people from your club came to race with us, guess we should return the favor.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 01:54 PM   #754
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the info TP and Corse R, I just installed the BRP front bumper and nerf wings how much do they help protect theose front arms anyway? I dont drive very smoothly and our board are murder, one wall is concrete indoors and they use used motorcycle tires on some turns as well. I busted a ouple arms and want tp stop it will get expensive. Also what about the rear bumper?
One more thing I need just a touch more rear bite how much of a differance is it to shorten the wheel base from the midle

Last edited by Buda; 01-14-2002 at 01:57 PM.
Buda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 02:07 PM   #755
Tech Master

Buda

I run the BRP wide bumper and nerf wings and it really helps when you have a rough brush with the boards. They put some nice dents in your body, though!
psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 02:36 PM   #756
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Buda
I dont drive very smoothly and our board are murder, one wall is concrete indoors and they use used motorcycle tires on some turns as well. I busted a ouple arms and want tp stop it will get expensive. Also what about the rear bumper?
If you remove all of those parts, you should self convince that slamming the concrete wall with your car isn't good for the car and for you pocket...

Maybe you continue to break some arms, but slowly you start to drive more precisely and some day you'll break zero.

P.D: The last weekend a friend of mine slammed a TC3 to a concrete wall it broke in two parts the chassis (radio glitch). I'll post the photos ASAP.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Old 01-14-2002, 02:36 PM   #757
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to wolfeman09 Send a message via Yahoo to wolfeman09
TP > email address?
wolfeman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 10:49 PM   #758
Tech Regular

Do I need servo saver?
What is the best servo saver?
rcruv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 11:11 PM   #759
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

have any of you guys used aluminum arms and mounts? where can i get replacement delrin inserts and balls, similiar to the ones that are included in trinity aluminum suspension parts for the tc3? thanks for any info!
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 11:18 PM   #760
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by rcruv
Do I need servo saver?
What is the best servo saver?
the tc3 comes with a built-in servo saver on its steering rack. for other cars, the servo saver is mounted on the servo itself.
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 11:48 PM   #761
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by marvi
have any of you guys used aluminum arms and mounts? where can i get replacement delrin inserts and balls, similiar to the ones that are included in trinity aluminum suspension parts for the tc3? thanks for any info!
I used in the past the trinity shock bushings and finding spares for the delrin balls we're a pain in the --- (censored). I stick with the stock bushings and the al shock caps, in the case of wearing it wears the bushing not the shock cap (the composite ones wear a lot and the bushing too).

BTW the al shock caps are an option from Associated. In this moment I don't have the part no. (sorry for this).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00344.jpg (76.0 KB, 256 views)
Old 01-15-2002, 05:28 AM   #762
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Marvi, I have not used the aluminum arm and mounts but I have seen a lot of racers use them. I have also seen them struggle with car setup as well, only to find out they bent an arm. Whenever you replace something with metal you run that risk and the energy applied when in an accident has to go somewhere and I would rather replace an arm or mount than a chassis.

ASC1598 for 4 aluminum shock caps $11.95
ASC6439 for 1 aluminum shock cap $3.00

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.

Last edited by Kraig; 01-15-2002 at 05:31 AM.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 06:05 AM   #763
Tech Adept

When using the aluminum shock caps remember to use the o-ring designed for the aluminum cap not the one that comes in the kit for the composite caps. Otherwise your shocks will leak. Unfortunately I can't remember the part number off hand.
dcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 11:33 PM   #764
Tech Rookie

Default Hello......

So....this is where everyone from rctouring.com went.....hello all..I'm back...
TC3GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 01:20 PM   #765
Tech Elite

Default Re: Hello......

Quote:
Originally posted by TC3GTR
So....this is where everyone from rctouring.com went.....hello all..I'm back...
Ummmm.... then: welcome back to our 'virtual house'...

It's alive!, it's alive!....