Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2003, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Just p/u a TC3....Does anyone have a good mod asphalt setup, highbite track, I race at SoCal.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:25 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Anybody know a place that sells that K Factory steering rack for the TC3? Haven't been able to find one. Might just be looking in the wrong places...
Old 12-07-2003, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rcfiend
Just p/u a TC3....Does anyone have a good mod asphalt setup, highbite track, I race at SoCal.
here man, start out with this, should be decent, I usually start with this then go on from there.
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-tc3-set-upsmall.jpg  
Old 12-07-2003, 01:32 PM

Anybody know a place that sells that K Factory steering rack for the TC3? Haven't been able to find one. Might just be looking in the wrong places...
Tower Hobbies or RCmodels.
Old 12-07-2003, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

=MisFitz= NuKe - Thanks I'll give it a shot.
Old 12-07-2003, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

sure, you might also want to try, going to the R+2-0, and change the ride height, those are two things that I have done since then., you may not need to if you are on a high traction track though.
Old 12-07-2003, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mike why is your front droop only 1.5 and your front ride height higher than the back. What does that do?
Old 12-07-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Johnnytc3
mike why is your front droop only 1.5 and your front ride height higher than the back. What does that do?
Smooth the car out. Might take away a little steering.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi, I'm new to R/C racing and I was wondering if you guys could tell me how to get my TC3 to beat those darn EVO3 cars at my local race track? The EVO3s just keep on beating the TC3 guys over and over and over!!!! It's so bothersome to me....

BTW- could anyone confirm this story?- I heard the TC3 was originally named something else but after months of testing they found the car always breaks a front arm so the nicknamed it the TriCycle 3 wheeler, then they shortened that up to TC3.

I took my happy pill today.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

I always thought it stoof for Touring Car 3.
Old 12-08-2003, 07:48 AM
Tech Adept

Default TC3 CVD and Outdrive Question

Hey guys (and gals), I am looking to lighten my TC3 drive train a little. I am currently running the steel outdrives (not sure why) and a mixed set of old dogbones. I am looking at the aluminum outdrives (lite drives) and composites dogbones with pincushions from IRS. I run stock with foams on carpet. What are you opitions of this setup? Also, any input on the IRS aluminum input shafts.

Thanks all,
John
Old 12-08-2003, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: TC3 CVD and Outdrive Question

Originally posted by jcrouse
Hey guys (and gals), I am looking to lighten my TC3 drive train a little. I am currently running the steel outdrives (not sure why) and a mixed set of old dogbones. I am looking at the aluminum outdrives (lite drives) and composites dogbones with pincushions from IRS. I run stock with foams on carpet. What are you opitions of this setup? Also, any input on the IRS aluminum input shafts.

Thanks all,
John
since you run stock go withthe Composite withpin cushions!
IRS are great! The Input shafts are a must, while your there getthe spur gear holder.

and the IRS lite drives are light, but the ones from RC-SQUARE are lighter and made from composite plastic!

Peace and happy racing!
Old 12-08-2003, 07:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: TC3 CVD and Outdrive Question

Originally posted by lem2
IRS are great! The Input shafts are a must, while your there getthe spur gear holder.

and the IRS lite drives are light, but the ones from RC-SQUARE are lighter and made from composite plastic!

Peace and happy racing!
Thanks Lem2 ...... I'll look into the other drives. I am already running the spur gear holder. I bought a used car and it came with it.

John
Old 12-08-2003, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: TC3 CVD and Outdrive Question

Originally posted by lem2

Peace and happy racing!
lem2:

got a link for the RC-SQUARE parts you mentioned? All I can find is foreign sites.

Thanks,
John
Old 12-08-2003, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Re: TC3 CVD and Outdrive Question

Originally posted by jcrouse

Thanks all,
John
IRS input shafts are real nice, much lighter than the stock ones and not too hard on the wallet. As far as outdrives I don't know if you can beat the molded associated outdrives? Five bucks for 2 sets and they are as light if not lighter than any aluminum outdrives. As far as the dog bones I have only ever ran the FT blue aluminum bones. I want to try the composite bones, just haven't gotten around to it. My 2 pennies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.