Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2003, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Default toe

Since the Tc3 has so much play in the stearing rack. Think what the tires are trying to do when its moving. The wheels are being pulled back because of the lever effect of the axle. I just pull the tires back while setting toe. I have steel blocks i use to hold the pressure while I measure. (that rymes) Dont push hard just a little pressure. With the rack moving around like it is I do this just so I get a consistant measurement. As soon as I get to it I am going to do the NTC3 stearing mod to my TC3.

Here is a pic
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-toe-1.jpg  
Old 11-15-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Master

Here is a close up notice the sharpie mark around the tire do this to both sides and measure front and back I set to e to 0' so it works good. Im not saying a huddy or integy wouldnt be better but if ya dont have one ya have to do somthing.
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-toe-2.jpg  
Old 11-15-2003, 11:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by DaveW
Again with the "design flaw". Will it ever die?!

Has anyone happened to build the TC3 with out of the box Racer specs just to see how it runs?! I never knew how crappy the stock tires and inserts were until just recently. I sure am glad we as TC racers have helped this car evolve... it is a result of competition, and countless hours of chat on threads like this one... "pro" and beginner alike.

Ill be going to the Snowbirds again this year, and was curious if anyone else on here is as well? I have been going around in my mind to build the car with or without a one-way this year. Has anyone heard if one-ways are going to be banned from the Birds? The discussion was tossed around... seeing as it isnt "full time 4WD" with a one-way installed. (when it really is full time 4wd... just not 4WD braking...) Any input would be appreciated...
- Dave
I'll be there, Dave!
Old 11-15-2003, 11:10 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: toe

Originally posted by SpeediePHATT
Since the Tc3 has so much play in the stearing rack. Think what the tires are trying to do when its moving. The wheels are being pulled back because of the lever effect of the axle. I just pull the tires back while setting toe. I have steel blocks i use to hold the pressure while I measure. (that rymes) Dont push hard just a little pressure. With the rack moving around like it is I do this just so I get a consistant measurement. As soon as I get to it I am going to do the NTC3 stearing mod to my TC3.

Here is a pic
They will be forward under acceleration and back under deceleration / braking ... so you would want to measure toe under acceleration conditions?
Old 11-15-2003, 11:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Measuring toe in/out

Originally posted by Hooked
I believe the change you are talking about is due to slop in the steering ... I have the same problem on the track ... when I turn the wheel right and then back to center, and then left and back to center they do not return to the exact same place ... close but not exact ...

A little bit of play in the steering rack combined with a little bit of play in the turnbuckle ends (ball cups and studs) causes this ...

At least that is what I have found ...

Dean
I had a similar problem to this. It may seem stupid, but make sure that the servo mounts are properly tightened down. That is what solved my problem...
Old 11-15-2003, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

I.M.O. I am more worried about how a car turns into a corner. However a car comes in is going to affect how it comes out. If its loose in it should be tight off, and tight in-loose off. This will alwayse apply unless something is seriously wrong. Ill take corner speed over strait speed at almost any track. But the main reason I do it that way is consistancy. So i have a baseline to adjust off of.
Old 11-16-2003, 12:35 AM
Tech Adept

Default scotty earnst info

Scotty Earnst does anyone now how to find him i met him at snowbirds .He helped me more than any other driver He has a list of sponsers Ae i know and novak he gave me a setup and i have been kickin up a notch since then If anyone does give him my email [email protected]
Old 11-16-2003, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Stan,great to hear that.
I'm also a convert after running my best time ever on my local track FIRST TIME OUT with the car+untested tyres+stock settings+hasty gearing.what am i to say about the Pro3's,TB Evo III,and more that i have driven?
but dude,please have some punctuation on yer posts
Old 11-16-2003, 12:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

thestanman,

Go to www.trackside.com, he owns the place. The number is on there, just ask for Scotty.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

My TC3 is so DIALED!!!!!
And is so FAST!!!!!
Old 11-16-2003, 02:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

I was wondering if any one has tried TRC part # TT1257 Cyan special for TC3 front foams 30mm tires? on carpet or high traction asphalt? need some info thanks.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Proficar403: Have you reserved any rooms yet? They are also offering pit rooms, no furniture, just space to pit in for 25$ a day. I got a room from Jan 31st till Feb 8th, just shy of 600$. I have a friend from VA that is going as well... we are both registering as soon as it is open. 19T i think, i dont have batteries for mod. Last year they were dumping 3300 GP's in mod!

No comments on the one way issue guys? Is everyone still running TRC plaids and purples on carpet? Trinitys ads in the mags says Josh Cyrul was running different compounds last year than plaid and purple... when i asked him at the Birds, he said he was runing plaids and purples on his TC3. I wanna go ahead and order tires before the "great shortage" that usually happens at the first of the year, i just wanna know what to get.
- Dave
Old 11-16-2003, 02:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by DaveW
Proficar403: Have you reserved any rooms yet? They are also offering pit rooms, no furniture, just space to pit in for 25$ a day. I got a room from Jan 31st till Feb 8th, just shy of 600$. I have a friend from VA that is going as well... we are both registering as soon as it is open. 19T i think, i dont have batteries for mod. Last year they were dumping 3300 GP's in mod!

- Dave
I am staying with a racer from here who has already reserved a room. The only problem is that the room is only available to me starting that tues, the 3rd, so I could possibly miss mon. practice. I don't know many details, but I am definitely going.

I will probably run 19t also, It is just my favorite class, you know. I may email you sometime for different questions or info. You still check your email, right?

BTW...Everyone here is running plaid/purple on carpet.
Old 11-16-2003, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am thinking of moving the batteries closer to the center. How much of the center to I trim?
Old 11-16-2003, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by raffaelli
I am thinking of moving the batteries closer to the center. How much of the center to I trim?
Mister crash

This is the place ya want to look this guy took all the guess work out of doing alot of the mods ppl do the tc3. He put alot of work into his site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.