R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-14-2003, 11:25 PM   #6856
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

That is a very nice looking paint job, much better than my single shot of silver that I have been doing out of lazyness.
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 11:27 PM   #6857
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks, right now all my bodies are solid white, those will be practice bodies now, so i can keep the good ones lasting as long as possible
Mikey Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 11:42 PM   #6858
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to tnstantheman
Default cool

I like running a nice body it make me drive better cause i now i wreck i kill time and my body so my lap time are better crazy but it works for me
tnstantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2003, 11:46 PM   #6859
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Even my "fancy" paint job is only two tone. LOL
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 12:52 AM   #6860
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

The white with white flames is always a popular one
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 04:59 AM   #6861
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Bubblestc3
Even my "fancy" paint job is only two tone. LOL
same here!!
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 05:47 AM   #6862
Tech Elite

Default Re: To everyone

Quote:
Originally posted by TAC3
Hey thanks for the reply guys, I really appreciate it

To Horatio
dude u look very pro, any tips for me, so that I can win with my TC3, how is the race over there (whereever u are)?
There are alot of pro guys on this thread

The TC3 is a great car and can be made even better with subtle mods. The transmission is very free once run in, but you have to ensure that your diff bearings are not pinched by the diff cases. Also, I have run my TC3 for an entire season without lubing the transmission gears - only stealth diff lube was used (inside the diff), which tends to ooze onto the gears slightly anyway. This is all the lube you'll need. Just make sure the mesh is correct.

Pay careful attention to the motor clamp etc. It is easy to tweak the car if overtightened.

If you machine the centre bracing and elongate the cell cut-outs, you can move the cells closer to the centre of the car. Adding a strip of foam on the left side of the chassis eliminates any slop.

Depending on which TC3 you have, you can save some weight by using the alloy screws. If you have the standard composite parts, you should consider the carbon chassis parts which make the car more responsive. Plastic wheel hex's are rubbish - replace with alloy items. This way you'll be able to tighten your wheels up without pinching the wheel bearings.

The main thing with racing is consistency. If you try too hard every time you run, your consistency will not be good. Stay on the correct line and build on your times gradually. If you are using an AMB lap counting system (or similar), check your fastest lap time and your average lap time. They may be seconds apart if you're new (especially if you require marshalling each run), but as your competence grows this gap will get smaller and smaller. To be honest, this is more important than your actual racing result - it's about self improvement! As a target, try and get the difference between your fastest lap and your average lap down to about .5 of a second or better. NOW that's consistency!! This way it doesn't matter whether you are in the A or the F final, all that matters is that you are racing to the best of your OWN ability. If you do get your consistency down to .5 of a second or better, I wouldn't mind betting that you'ld be looking at high A finishes anway.

Hope this essay helps
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 05:49 AM   #6863
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Boomer
Well, it makes complete sense to me, but then you and I've been saying the same thing on this subject for aeons!
Right you are!!

BTW - is that you in the picture/avatar?
Old 11-15-2003, 05:54 AM   #6864
Tech Elite

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by Brian McGreevy
The white with white flames is always a popular one
Yep! It helps eliminate bleed under the complex mask!!!
Old 11-15-2003, 05:57 AM   #6865
Tech Elite

Thumbs up Re: Re: To everyone

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio

The main thing with racing is consistency.

This way it doesn't matter whether you are in the A or the F final, all that matters is that you are racing to the best of your OWN ability. If you do get your consistency down to .5 of a second or better, I wouldn't mind betting that you'ld be looking at high A finishes anway.

Amen to that!!know your limits and strengths,practice to perform them lap in lap out.
AFTER you can do that,look for better lines,timings and such.
remember to practicexpracticexpractice.....
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 08:03 AM   #6866
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Need help to measure toe in/out!!!

I have a eagle racing gauge to measure the front toe in/out , but i am just wondering, do u guys measure the front toe in/out while the radio is on or the radio has to be off when measuring the toe?

because one of my friends told me that I should turn the radio on when measuring my toe, but everytime I move the steering the degree changes (cause me a headache), any tips for me?

Thanks guys, apreciate ur help

To horatio , thanks for the essay
TAC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 08:50 AM   #6867
Tech Elite

Again with the "design flaw". Will it ever die?!

Has anyone happened to build the TC3 with out of the box Racer specs just to see how it runs?! I never knew how crappy the stock tires and inserts were until just recently. I sure am glad we as TC racers have helped this car evolve... it is a result of competition, and countless hours of chat on threads like this one... "pro" and beginner alike.

Ill be going to the Snowbirds again this year, and was curious if anyone else on here is as well? I have been going around in my mind to build the car with or without a one-way this year. Has anyone heard if one-ways are going to be banned from the Birds? The discussion was tossed around... seeing as it isnt "full time 4WD" with a one-way installed. (when it really is full time 4wd... just not 4WD braking...) Any input would be appreciated...
- Dave
Old 11-15-2003, 02:13 PM   #6868
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe
Default Re: Need help to measure toe in/out!!!

Quote:
I have a eagle racing gauge to measure the front toe in/out , but i am just wondering, do u guys measure the front toe in/out while the radio is on or the radio has to be off when measuring the toe?

because one of my friends told me that I should turn the radio on when measuring my toe, but everytime I move the steering the degree changes (cause me a headache), any tips for me?

Thanks guys, apreciate ur help

To horatio , thanks for the essay
All you need to do is set one wheel to straight foward, then take a look at the measurement, and divide that by 2, and that is your toe for each side...
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 09:46 PM   #6869
Tech Regular

Default Re: Measuring toe in/out

Quote:
... but everytime I move the steering the degree changes (cause me a headache), any tips for me?
I believe the change you are talking about is due to slop in the steering ... I have the same problem on the track ... when I turn the wheel right and then back to center, and then left and back to center they do not return to the exact same place ... close but not exact ...

A little bit of play in the steering rack combined with a little bit of play in the turnbuckle ends (ball cups and studs) causes this ...

At least that is what I have found ...

Dean
Hooked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 10:53 PM   #6870
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to tnstantheman
Default foam tires for my car

hello all ,i have jaco and trc foams what do you like to run i like the jacos alot just because thats all i run .tonight at the track i measured them the 53.5 mm kind dust on rims now but the car at 5mm ride hieght is awsome fast threw the corrners i was given quit a few sets of the trcs so i grabed a pair and cut them down to 60 mm they look to big to me.what sizes do you run ?I am if it ant broke dont fix it kinda guy . the car was awesome tonight it tq at 25 laps 5.07 2nd ran 24 5.04 but everone spying on the car made fun of the "foam dust on the rims" i call tires What have you found that works well .the car feels more dialed if i run 53-57 mm also there were alot of people saying the trcs were not as good as the jaco so i didnt even put the new ones on i cut them to 60 mm but i am thinking i wil cut somemore off of them are just run them in real GOOD .I was told buy more than one 60mm was the ticket

PS Its always nice to see a tc3 tq over all the brokomos and high priced barrafishes its even better with you do it by a full lap When are these people going to learn Buy a AE not the latest craze that you will have to buy another new verison in a yr are less LOL I love to convert People back to the light after there 300- 800 dollars mistakes
tnstantheman is offline   Reply With Quote