R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-07-2003, 06:35 PM   #6361
Tech Master

HeY!!!

melvin al you have to do is just get the graphite battery strap or it depends how you make the pack. just don't have the battery bar hang over the strap if you use straight sodder. good luck w/ car, i love both of mine.
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 06:53 PM   #6362

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

I use a piece of electrical tape to insulate the sides of the chassis from the batteries.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:52 PM   #6363
Tech Master

HeY!!!

steve i thought you used the graphite brace, or is that the bar that you and your dad balenced out w/ the change??? lol
Old 10-07-2003, 07:54 PM   #6364

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

we do use the graphite brace, but im talking about the sides of the chassis where the bars touch. that are a conductor of elec, so we use elec tape on it to prevent a short from occuring.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:07 PM   #6365
Tech Master

HeY!!!

I see i see. i also do that i actually just started to do that last weekend but my elec. tape came off so i just gotta put more on sun. when i wait for pack to charge.
Old 10-07-2003, 08:11 PM   #6366
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how much shorter is the wheel base between the 2 different models

rap66@rcracing.com

www.rcracing.com
RAP66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 08:30 PM   #6367
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to melvin
Default batt terminal

Hi,

Could you kindly elaborate more on how your battery terminals are mounted? Could you post a pic?

Fellow TC3 racers: Could you all knidly possibly post your pics as well so that we could compare and discuss on the various options?

As for insulating, I am thinking of using the leftover polycarbonate of the body shell by cutting a along strip and sticking on the chassis. I think it will be stronger that tape which tends to come off over time due to moist and dust. Furthermore, polycarbonate are really strong ..

Thank you

Quote:
Originally posted by JoshR 85
HeY!!!

melvin al you have to do is just get the graphite battery strap or it depends how you make the pack. just don't have the battery bar hang over the strap if you use straight sodder. good luck w/ car, i love both of mine.
melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 08:45 PM   #6368
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

polycarb is good.
check out my layout.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tc3-1.jpg (39.5 KB, 182 views)
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 09:26 PM   #6369
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe

here is an older pic, of my car, have done some changes, anyways, I will post new ones tomorrow
from that angle you can see that white stuff along the side of the chassis, because I brought the batts. in closer to the center, I put two layers of that stuff, single-sided, stiff-foam, along that one side, then some very thing servo tape on the other side(which you cant see)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tc3.jpg (114.1 KB, 186 views)
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 11:00 PM   #6370
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to melvin
Default insulation

Hi there,

Perhaps you could pose pics with battery pack installed as well?

GUys: I just thoght of something that can be used as insulation as well. I believe it is easy to use the racket tape ( The tape that you stick on the head of your tennis racket to prevent scratches) on the chassis as well. They are strong and dun come off easily, and easy to apply as well.

Thank you

Quote:
Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
here is an older pic, of my car, have done some changes, anyways, I will post new ones tomorrow
from that angle you can see that white stuff along the side of the chassis, because I brought the batts. in closer to the center, I put two layers of that stuff, single-sided, stiff-foam, along that one side, then some very thing servo tape on the other side(which you cant see)

Last edited by melvin; 10-07-2003 at 11:06 PM.
melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 12:02 PM   #6371
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

wow, for a few days now i have had all the original ae parts on my car, and have been doing very well with the car! Rather than running the losi hubs and steering knuckles on the car, i decided to run what ever comes in the kit, and the car feels GREAT!!!!! The only think that is "mod" is the motor clamp, and running the rear shocktower on the front, but other than that the car is stock!!! The past two races that i have had the car like this i have been able to win and tq my races!!! That is fast!!!!, also my times would make it into the A-main of pro stock at socal!!!!
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 06:27 PM   #6372
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Bubbles why would you have to put on other companies parts on your car i don't really beleave in that unless it will totally improve my driving???
Old 10-08-2003, 06:40 PM   #6373
Tech Regular

Quote:
HeY!!!

Bubbles why would you have to put on other companies parts on your car i don't really beleave in that unless it will totally improve my driving???
Not that I have tried it yet but on our tight carpet track contact is made more often then wanted in a ten man race. The Losi knuckles have a bit thicker meat where the ball studs screw in and many at the track run them as a safety precaution. I have both the Losi and TC3 but have yet to swap the parts but have considered trying it. The Losi parts supposedly give more lock to lock steering over the stock ASE parts, not sure as again I have not tried it nor does my car need any more steering as most say my car is too twitchy as it is
Fasttrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 08:07 PM   #6374
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Quote:
HeY!!!

I used to run the losi steering knuckles, and the rear hubs on my car, which in turn gave the car less roll in the rear, and more agressive entering the corner, eventually i started to like more steering and i decided to go back to all ae hubs and knuckles, thus giving more steering
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 09:20 PM   #6375
Tech Fanatic

I run Losi steering knuckles and c-hubs on my tc3. They are much stronger. I broke 3 Associated steering knuckles and have yet to break a losi. But I have to say when I installed them I didn't notice very much more steering. And I did adjust my end points on my radio.
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote