R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 10-04-2003, 08:25 AM   #6346
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Genetic Send a message via Yahoo to Genetic

so how does that ti shaft differ from the allum blue or the carbon one? where can a person get one. its pretty cool. i like those hexes too.
Genetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 10:29 AM   #6347
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveW
LEE82GX: It is an IRS (Irrgang Racing Service) titanium drive shaft with aluminum ends. I have had it for quite awhile, although it is the second one i have purchased. The first one got a twist in it running mod at a track in VA several years ago. This one has proved to be very durable and has given me no problems whatsoever.

LEM2: There has been alot of discussion on the use of the NTC3 rack... i personally have never tried it. From what i have been told and read, it has less slop than the standard kit rack, needing less maintenance. Seems to me its design would drastically change ackerman from the original rack... but im sure it all comes down to placement on the chassis. I seem to remember a guy on here doing an in depth report on placement and installation of the NTC3 rack on a TC3... even showing diagrams and measurements... and reflections on how it handles. I think his handle on here is Mistercrash (correct me if i am wrong)... doing a search of his posts will probably yield you more information. Like anything, the reviews i have heard have been mixed, some think its the cats meow, others cant get a new chassis fast enough to get back to the original rack. Maybe it comes down to driver preference...

Horatio: Im afraid to ask, what made that lump in your throat?! LOL Glad to help man...

Dotman: Didnt you recently purchase some of the warpspeed gearcases for the TC3? If memory serves me... they were on the way and you hadnt gotten them yet... or it may have been someone else and you already had yours... i hate getting older... i cant remember crap! If so, how were the cases, and were you satisfied with them? I think they (Waprspeed) were out of stock at the time this was discussed a few weeks back. I havent checked since. I stripped my front case wrenching on it this past week... GRRR

I have run the car short since i got it years ago... mainly for the placement of the CVD's. The car seems to be more responsive/predictable to throttle input (weight transfer to and from the rear) when the CVD's dogbones are in line with the diff. Just my .02

Trackdesigner71: Welcome to the site... what part of Portsmouth? I miss VA, cant wait to move back there!
- Dave
Im over in Churchland not far from the high school
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 10:58 AM   #6348
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

DaveW,

I run the Warpspeed Cases and they are much more free than the stock ones, and a very clean milling job too. Well worth the money! And yes, they don't strip out
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 03:25 PM   #6349

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

DaveW- what company makes that shaft?
Old 10-04-2003, 05:53 PM   #6350
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Trinityracinnut and Genetic: I stated earlier that Irrgang Racing Service manufactured the Ti shaft in my car... and i was wrong. It had been so long since i bought one, i forgot it came from Niftech. WWW.NIFTECH.COM They sell two versions of the shaft... the one i have is with standard pins for 40$ USD. The other one is with swivel pins for 60$ USD. The shaft is really strong, if you goto the site you can see the write-up on the shaft. As i mentioned earlier, i have bent (twisted) one running modified on high bite asphalt. No wrecks, just running alot of HP. They replaced it for me with NO hassles. The same company sells an entire driveline for the TC3 that is primo stuff... but is with a primo price too. The swivel pins are really nice to have in a set of standard ASC composite dogbones (got to have some flex SOMEWHERE in the driveline!) when you run steel outdrives or a front oneway... they have flat spots on the pin that lets it run flat and true in the slot of the diff for less wear. Of course, for plastic outdrives and aluminum outdrives... nothing beats pin cushions in your dogbones from IRS.

Trackdesigner71: Where do you usually race? Debbies RC or do you hoof it out to Stream Hobby Shop in Hampton? Both are outdoor asphalt. The only indoor carpet track in that area (Hampton) closed recently, Tidewater RC. I used to work there, well actually, i have worked there, Hobbytown, AND Debs at one point. Now the only indoor carpet that i know of in that area is the Hobbytown in Va Beach. Whats the scene like there now? I have been away for almost two years, and plan on coming back soon.
- Dave
Old 10-04-2003, 06:01 PM   #6351

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to StephenSobottka

Thanx dave
Old 10-04-2003, 06:39 PM   #6352
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to OHBRAD
Default Warspeed Gear boxes

Quote:
Originally posted by Axiom5B
DaveW,

I run the Warpspeed Cases and they are much more free than the stock ones, and a very clean milling job too. Well worth the money! And yes, they don't strip out
I have recently installed the warpspeed gear boxes, and i have to say it has made a huge difference and worth every cent as a hop up option.
Old 10-04-2003, 07:09 PM   #6353
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

I agree 100%. Anyone looking to free up their drivetrain should SERIOUSLY consider these cases.

USVTA Member #211

Old 10-04-2003, 07:20 PM   #6354
Tech Master

HeY!!!

Axiom5B will those diff cases fit on just a stock TC3 or do you need like the demon to make them fit??? see you tom. and good luck!!!
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 07:27 PM   #6355
Tech Elite

They are just associated cases very precisely milled out. They fit the TC3 and any other conversion that uses the TC3 drivetrain.
USVTA Member #211

Old 10-05-2003, 12:36 AM   #6356
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Genetic Send a message via Yahoo to Genetic

yeah thanks dave, wow $40 they must hold up very good.
Genetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 08:08 PM   #6357
Tech Elite

josh 85 the diff cases are standerd associated diff cases that have helicoils installed and the bearing supports are machined just rite. they are worth their wieght in gold, they'll fit anything using tc3 running gear.ex ft kit, warpspeed demons. drop him an email he quote you a price you wont be sorry! get them!
Old 10-05-2003, 08:47 PM   #6358
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Quote:
Originally posted by Genetic
yeah thanks dave, wow $40 they must hold up very good.
so sean, are you thinking of getting one?
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 04:51 AM   #6359
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to melvin
Default help needed

Dear TC3 Racers,

I just acquired a factory team TC3 (Still assembling). I know that the chassis is graphite, knowing that graphite is a conductor of electricity. Wont the batteries be shorted since the terminal appears to touch the chassis? Do you insulated the chassis where the batt ends are touching the chassis?

Also, can some kind soul show me pics of how they soldered the connecting terminals on the batteries? The battery holddown is made of metal and will easily short the terminals on the batt as well. Can somebody please show me pics or explain how I should solder the terminals on the batts?

Melvin
melvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2003, 05:06 AM   #6360
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Melvin:
initially,the graphite has a thin coating of gloss which is insulating material.
over time,it gets worn.
I do insulate my chassis with fiber tape.

i understand ur battery problems.
1.dremel the chassis(the central 'bone' under the driveshaft) a little.
2.Bend a battery bar 90 degrees and solder on to the +/- end of the pack.then solder the plugs etc on it.u can check a coupla weeks back in this thread,some guys posted pics of thier cars.
3.If ur using corally female plugs, SOLDER THE PLUG HIGHER than the center line of the battery.it should clear the chassis-just.

if u really need pics i can start my webcam(which is poor res).

Good luck.
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote