R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 10-03-2003, 08:57 AM   #6331
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default 1 way...

off topic a bit...

but does anyone have a TC3 1 Way they don't use and in new or great condition?

i'll trade you a like new Trinity 19T Arcornite motor with only 3-4 runs on it.

thanks.

[email protected]
Old 10-03-2003, 12:01 PM   #6332
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Me+RC=$$$ Send a message via Yahoo to Me+RC=$$$
Default off the topic

Well, I'm at school and was reading this thread and the girls next to me wanted to put make-up on me, so now, I have full make-up, almost like Ville (my avatar), and I'm also going to get a full make-up think Monday, I'll let you guys know how it goes. The things Ill do
Me+RC=$$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 03:04 PM   #6333
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

hey guys out of curiousity i am asking has anybody tried the tc3 with the short wheel base setting ! just want to see what their feeling are i tried it but want to see what you guys have felt.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:12 PM   #6334
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

I won a TC3 off Ebay and Im getting it next week. So I'll be here from time to time asking for various setup tidbits and the like
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 04:12 PM   #6335
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Actually, speedxl, I've got the wheelbase of mine set short right now(just tried before the A Main in its last race), but I think the jury's still out on any benefit for me. But I will leave it that way for awhile & see how it goes(& I'll let you know what I think)......

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 04:22 PM   #6336
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I like the short wheelbase setup. I think it's made my car more aggressive. I feel it it turns more quickly. I didn't measure my times but I know I've been running the short wheelbase for about 7-8 months and my finishes during that period have been considerably better.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 05:58 PM   #6337
Tech Elite

LEE82GX: It is an IRS (Irrgang Racing Service) titanium drive shaft with aluminum ends. I have had it for quite awhile, although it is the second one i have purchased. The first one got a twist in it running mod at a track in VA several years ago. This one has proved to be very durable and has given me no problems whatsoever.

LEM2: There has been alot of discussion on the use of the NTC3 rack... i personally have never tried it. From what i have been told and read, it has less slop than the standard kit rack, needing less maintenance. Seems to me its design would drastically change ackerman from the original rack... but im sure it all comes down to placement on the chassis. I seem to remember a guy on here doing an in depth report on placement and installation of the NTC3 rack on a TC3... even showing diagrams and measurements... and reflections on how it handles. I think his handle on here is Mistercrash (correct me if i am wrong)... doing a search of his posts will probably yield you more information. Like anything, the reviews i have heard have been mixed, some think its the cats meow, others cant get a new chassis fast enough to get back to the original rack. Maybe it comes down to driver preference...

Horatio: Im afraid to ask, what made that lump in your throat?! LOL Glad to help man...

Dotman: Didnt you recently purchase some of the warpspeed gearcases for the TC3? If memory serves me... they were on the way and you hadnt gotten them yet... or it may have been someone else and you already had yours... i hate getting older... i cant remember crap! If so, how were the cases, and were you satisfied with them? I think they (Waprspeed) were out of stock at the time this was discussed a few weeks back. I havent checked since. I stripped my front case wrenching on it this past week... GRRR

I have run the car short since i got it years ago... mainly for the placement of the CVD's. The car seems to be more responsive/predictable to throttle input (weight transfer to and from the rear) when the CVD's dogbones are in line with the diff. Just my .02

Trackdesigner71: Welcome to the site... what part of Portsmouth? I miss VA, cant wait to move back there!
- Dave
Old 10-03-2003, 06:38 PM   #6338
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3

Quote:
Originally posted by speedxl
hey guys out of curiousity i am asking has anybody tried the tc3 with the short wheel base setting ! just want to see what their feeling are i tried it but want to see what you guys have felt.
i like to run the medium wheelbase most of the time, but the wheelbase makes two adjustments

1. shorter makes the car rotate easier, but alters where the static weight of the car is(if you dont balance the car for a wheelbase adjustment), making more weight on the rear axle plane

2. longer makes the car rotate less, and again alters where the static weight of the car is, making less weight on the rear of the axle plane

basically on a tight and twisty track you would want to run the shorter wheelbase and on a high speed, flowing, consistant track run the longer wheelbase, then for all inbetween run the middle.
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 06:48 PM   #6339
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Bubblestc3 Send a message via Yahoo to Bubblestc3
Default Re: off the topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Me+RC=$$$
Well, I'm at school and was reading this thread and the girls next to me wanted to put make-up on me, so now, I have full make-up, almost like Ville (my avatar), and I'm also going to get a full make-up think Monday, I'll let you guys know how it goes. The things Ill do
so did you get any in return?

hahahahahahahahahaha
jk
Bubblestc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 08:26 PM   #6340
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to Me+RC=$$$ Send a message via Yahoo to Me+RC=$$$

Quote:
so did you get any in return?
No, I'm stupid. I met a lot of people though, more then I'd probably meet the whole school year, and I have a line of girls waiting their turn to do it...backed next open spot is thursday I should start charging Anyways, I'll get back on topic, I just had to uhh...ventilate...or something like that, i felt so alone
Me+RC=$$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 09:33 PM   #6341
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to tc3stocker Send a message via Yahoo to tc3stocker

I have a TC3 for sale

has had alot of work done to it email me for questions

[email protected]
tc3stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 05:47 AM   #6342
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default DaveW

Thansk for answering my quesion! Actually, I already have the hardware to convert my car, but after seeing your pictures-- it made me thing more that 3x!! hehehehe Thanks again.
Peace and Happy Racing!!
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 06:21 AM   #6343
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveW
I think his handle on here is Mistercrash (correct me if i am wrong)... i hate getting older... i cant remember crap!
You remembered right. You're aging brain remembered crap correctly.
mistercrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2003, 07:26 AM   #6344
Tech Elite

Mistercrash, there are a bunch of people that visit your informative site. I definitely dont have the time to spend behind a computer doing a webpage like yours. I hope you dont mind i pointed them in your direction... but i think you did a great job on your site. Sometimes only pictures can convey what we are trying to say... you did that well, even showing what tools to buy to get the job done! Heck, its because of your site that i had to buy one more bit for my dremel tool! That high speed cutter does wondrous things! Thanks for all your effort to help on here as well... theres no information like good information!

LEM2: Anytime man, and glad i could help out.

- Dave
Old 10-04-2003, 07:49 AM   #6345
Tech Elite

Thought i would share the TC3 in "original" form. No chassis mods, small front shock tower, even a set of original one hole suspension arms! I wanted to try and see what the car was like years ago... i even have composite body shocks im going to install just for the heck of it. Dont mind the Ti driveshaft, i have a carbon one to install in its place... guess i was getting nostalgic after all this TC3 talk! Ah the things we do on Saturday...
- Dave
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car 2.jpg (191.7 KB, 177 views)