R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-26-2001, 03:19 PM   #601
Tech Master

your right patcollins, i didnt even think about cost...
Modena AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2001, 04:14 PM   #602
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: SoCal Racin'

Sat night at Socal Raceway. Saturday (daytime) at Revelation Raceway. Sunday maybe a hobby People race sometime. Best bet would be to get the schedule for them as they don't race all of the time. the other two are pretty consistent. Friday practice at Revelation.
Quote:
Originally posted by 51
Tony,

Me and a couple of guys from Scottsdale were talking about taking a weekend roadtrip to the SoCal area. Any specific weekends stick out? What about race days? Is there a rotation where we could race Fri, Sat & Sun among a few tracks? Thanks, late...

Brent Thielke
damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 06:49 AM   #603
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Just a quick question. I was putting together my FT the other night and I noticed when I put the gearbox together that the plastic diff pieces were actually spinning inside the bearing. Anybody else notice this? I am just wondering if this could be a concern in the future? Thanks.

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.

Sometimes I post just to look at my avatar.
Kraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 07:27 AM   #604
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Brett!!! What's up dood!!!

As damo said, Sat at SoCal is the place to be. Lots of good competition!

Friday nights, well, Revelation. Sunday you could hit either Revelation, Ultimate hobbies (might want to check to see the schedule first), or SVM Raceway or Crystal Park. Not sure on SVM Raceway's schedule yet...it's still a relatively new track. And, I'm not sure if Crystal runs electric on Sunday's or not.

In a couple of months Hobby People will start up it's season again. You'd be sure to hit a Sat/Sun combo day if you waited for that...usually pretty good competition at HP races... Hope to see ya out here...
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 01:46 PM   #605
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to wolfeman09 Send a message via Yahoo to wolfeman09

TP > Where are you racing this weekend? I will be at Revelation on Saturday. Can not make SoCal, have a Christmas party to go to.

Hopefully you can make it. See you there.
wolfeman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 02:40 PM   #606
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm actually taking a couple weeks off. I'm in the process of moving right now (should be in this weekend), and then my b-day shortly after the new year, so, I'm pretty busy at the moment. I will also be doing alot more Nitro racing when I do get back into the swing (maybe mid-Jan.)

I'll see ya out at Revelation!!! For sure!
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 09:50 PM   #607
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

for 48p, what is the smallest spur and biggest pinion combo that will fit in a tc3?
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2001, 10:46 PM   #608
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by marvi
for 48p, what is the smallest spur and biggest pinion combo that will fit in a tc3?
Umm... really I haven't tested, but a 69T is so small. The ratios you get with this spur are really low, maybe a 66T whould be the smallest spur you can mesh in the tc3.

On biggers, a 78T or 80T should be maximum.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 04:15 AM   #609
Regional Moderator

ive seen 63/36 ....but thats using a 540 motor....
mr4-malta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 09:42 AM   #610
Tech Master

One of my friends use at 63/36 on a green machine 3...I dont know if those are the exact numbers but it was something crazy like that.
Modena AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 09:51 AM   #611
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Type S

i run 100t spur and 33-37t pinion on my gm3
Type S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 07:18 PM   #612
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

thanks for the info
marvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2001, 11:19 PM   #613
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up Best forum yet!

Just found this site, outstandig forum! And none of the childish bickering, Im too old to want to hear that crap! Now for my question What all is needed for the light weight diffs? As in AE part numbers.
Buda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 12:38 AM   #614
Tech Master

Hi all. Greetings from Malta.

Buda, welcome. You say you're old - born in 1970?

Try me - born in 1946 - and still playing like a 12 year old, but enjoying every bit of it.

TC3 diffs. The new Factory Team comes standard with plastic diffs. I run them on my son's car, which was one of the very first batch of TC3s ever made - have done for the last 4 months. If they are built properly and regularly maintained they give no trouble at all.

If you run a modified motor the diffs get quite a hammering so they have to be set fairly tight, allowing little slip. You see the problem is that if they start slipping alot they overheat and that melts the diff outputs. We had this problem earlier in the championship. I deliberately set the diffs fairly soft to make the car smoother around the tight corners, but I overdid it, and the rear diff overheated and failed. One lousy result.

Everything else from the metal diffs fits, though the order is different. The thrust bearing sits on the other side, if I remember rightly. I suggest you have a look at the Factory team kit manual. I wouldn't be surprised if AE have it in their web site.

TC3 is a great car. It does alot of winning here in Malta. My son Josh has won 5 of the 12 championship rounds held so far this year, and also won the recent non championship Christmas Cup event.

Hey, and guess who was second? The old man. And don't ask me if there were only 2 entries because the answer is NO. Yes, we had a great day. Incidentally I run a Yoke MR4 SP.

Happy new year.

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 06:51 AM   #615
Tech Apprentice

HAHA I gues Im not that old, by too old I meant I cant stand the stupid arguing over something so trivial as a set of "shocks" or something. Any way thanks for the help, as soon as the holiday bills are over I will give them a try. I have one of the earlier TC3's released as well that came with the steel outdrives and older style arms with out droop screws. Now I run the rally arms and need to get those droop screws also. I intend to get the threaded shocks to make adjustments a bit more precise and not have to worry about loosing the pre-load clips. I am always loosing stuff. I just bshed about when I could with the car as the wife gave me crap. now seperated so when I get to my first race possibly net weekend I will let you all know how I did. BTW thet race on old Astro Turf indoors at a YMCA in England here. How is that compared to OZITE and what actually is OZITE?
Buda is offline   Reply With Quote