R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-02-2003, 11:05 PM   #5986
Tech Apprentice

=MisFitz= NuKe: the cutting depth is 1,25mm, itīs half of the chassis thickness

I think I found out how to get 2° anti dive. The rear inner block has itīs holes a little higher than the front. I think with the front f-0 block and the rear inner block mounted up front you should get 2° anti dive.
Manfredo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 11:10 PM   #5987
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

Quote:
Originally posted by Pit Crew
Lee:

Run the 2 deg hub with the F-2 in front for a total of 4 degrees. This will increase your steering into the corners slightly more because there is less "anti-dive". Its called Kick-up, and lets chassis weight more effectively transfer forward, increasing front traction.
and that static weight that is transferred to the front of the car off power has to be transferred to the rear of the car in some degree when you get back on power, just wanted to add that and something to think about Lee. In other words Lee, kickup can make a car want to push.
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 11:29 PM   #5988
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT
Default Negative front kick

if i may ... negative front kick-up or anti-dive is a tuning option some team drivers use. i know the losi team guys like hodge use this as well as the Yokomo SD drivers like masami (a close look at some of their set-up sheets show this). they do this sometimes so they can tap on the brakes when diving into a corner when using a one way. the negative kick up front helps prevent too much weight from the rear to unload to the front and keeps the front of the car flatter. this is somthing a lot of the losi guys did in the 2001 nats at speedworld so they could brake down the end of the straight while running a one way. masami ran negative kick in this year's reedy race and i wouldnt be surprised if the AE team guys have played around with this as well.

lem2: thanks for the link. i was expecting it would be pricey. just wanted to get a closer look at the crest chassis and deck coz it looks really sweet!

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2003, 11:39 PM   #5989
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to ZER01

I can see that ROBORAT, btw, you know that avatar of yours was copyritedJK.
ZER01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 01:12 AM   #5990
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

proudwinner: yeah i know. so i should catch those guys who've been using it! ha ha ha jk!

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 06:58 AM   #5991
Tech Apprentice

Default new car

Hi

I was wondering about buying a tc3 factory team now. Which hop up parts is a good thing to buy? Does it come with a one way? And which spare parts is also a good thing to have?

Please help

sturla
sturla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 07:21 AM   #5992
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hmm i would pickup an RPM full width bumper it would stop some breakages, front wishbones and hub carriers is all i have broken, the RPM bumper i purchased later and since then ive just broken a single ball cup and servo gears

Last edited by berger; 09-03-2003 at 01:38 PM.
berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 07:49 AM   #5993
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: new car

Quote:
Originally posted by sturla
Hi

I was wondering about buying a tc3 factory team now. Which hop up parts is a good thing to buy? Does it come with a one way? And which spare parts is also a good thing to have?

Please help

sturla
it doesnt come with a oneway.
u can get the regular break prone parts.and yes,the bumper.
the parts are like arms,c-hubs,steering knuckles etc.
also stock up get steel CVD's instead of aluminium if u're running mod.
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 01:36 PM   #5994
Tech Fanatic

Also get some extra front steering blocks. I've broken two of them clipping sweeper's even with the RPM front bumper. But other wise I haven't broken any thing with the rpm front bumper.
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 03:50 PM   #5995
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by TurnNBurn
Hi Guys,

I did a search in this thread and I couldn't find an answer to what I wanted to know, so I thought I'd go ahead and ask. BTW, someone posted a few weeks ago asking if anyone besides Yokomo and IRS made a spool for the TC3 - Dragon R/C makes one, as a matter a fact, believe that Mark Pavidis has used it from time to time... Anyway, back to my question?

Can anyone give me quick pointers on when a one-way or spool should be used? I've never tried using one (actually, I don't have either yet), so I'd like to know what situations I should be thinking about using one or the other vs. a diff... Thanks!
well it all depends on which oneway you are using, the yok hd, or the original one from ae.

with the yok, i like to use steed cvd's to prevent from ever loosing an outdrive

with the ae(it is older) you should use any metal cvd(ie. aluminum, steel)

never use composite!(or if you do, be VERY careful while driving, if you snap one, you lost an outdrive which is 22$)

spool i guess use the same thing, but use the steel ones(like the oneway, the drivetrain does not "give" at all so once the wheel hits the ground, and your on the gas, it will put a strained twist on the cvd)

differences, the spool pushes a lot more than the oneway entering the corners, while it is the same while exiting the corners
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 04:00 PM   #5996
Tech Regular

Default Re: new car

Quote:
Originally posted by sturla
Hi

Please help

sturla
yeah, you should get a oneway, mip shiney steel cvd's(just for the front) possibally a rear shock tower(depending if you race on asphault or carpet)

spare parts, hmmm extra set of hingpins and suspension arms

that is about it, but run your car first, if you crash it and break a part, note how hard that you hit it, and if it was just a normal crash

then i would get parts accordingley

parts also depend on avalibility, where you are going to drive your car, is there a place where you can buy parts if you break it?

or is the place that you will drive away from a place to buy parts?

here at SoCal, we have an onsite hobby shop(just incase)
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 04:21 PM   #5997
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Manfredo
The chassis is done by me. Price is around 90,- Euro without shipping (graphite chassis incl. milling).
Manfredo
You have a private message!!!!

PEACE
R/C HEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 04:56 PM   #5998
Tech Addict

Manfredo- You have any pictures of the top side?
CraigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 06:40 PM   #5999
Tech Master

HeY!!! i have 2 TC3s and i love both of them. I got just a racer kit about 1/12 yrs. ago and i just hopped it up w/ all graphite and that and also my freinds dad made a pair of alum. arms for him and i and they are awesome. I then got another one for a foam car since i loved the TC3 so much and i never had any probs w/ it. i now got 2 one car for rubber and one car for foam so i don't have to switch stuff and also i can run both now at every clubrace and maybe big race. well i think that AE and LoSi are prolly the top 2 on-road cars all though i never owned one though but yeah i love my TC3.
JoshR 85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2003, 07:42 PM   #6000
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Manfredo,

Still waiting on those top pics

What kind of turn around are we talking and do you supply the chassis?

Kick up. I have been running -1 kick up on the TC3 and am now running -2. All you do is shim the f block up (desired amount) and run the f-0. Puts the arm at a downward angle. I will try to post pics later.