R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-09-2003, 01:58 PM   #5746
Tech Fanatic

kt hobbies also has the yokomo hd tc3 one way, its about $42 u.s.
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 09:34 PM   #5747
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to OHBRAD
Default ONE WAY

OK GUYS THANKYOU, STILL CONFUSED THOUGH, CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND TELL ME IS THIS THE ONLY PART I NEED TO GET, AS THERE ARE OTHER PARTS IN THERE THAT SAY ONE WAY, OR DO I NEED THEM ALL, OR IS THIS THE ASSEMBLY.

http://64.70.208.72/speedtechrc/60.html

REGARDS BRAD
Old 08-09-2003, 09:50 PM   #5748
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm not 100% sure, but if you're talking about the one-way at the bottom of that page, then I'd say yes, that's all you'll need included at that price......

Go Pokes!!!
Grizzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 10:06 PM   #5749
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Brad, that one-way is complete but understand that it's larger than the stock TC3. The stock shims won't fit on it. I ran mine without shims (because I didn't have the right size) and broke half the teeth off the ring gear. Make sure you shim it correctly because it's not easy too replace. The standard TC3 one-way gear doesn't fit without dremeling. Take care of the outdrive bearings too because they're an odd size. Not easy to find.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2003, 11:36 PM   #5750
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by bubbles
well, when the dots jump in front of me while i was running the blue CVD's with the one way, I would stay on the gas,,,,,,,,and sence the shaft drive has no "cushion", I would snap the bones right off, this is from beginner experences with the TC3.

hey fred, who is this "YOU FLYING POO" that keeps talking smack on you?

oh trippin freddy, the "delrin" gear is a new set of gears for the gearbox of the TC3 from AE, and the oneway is accually an YOKOMO part for the TC3 apperentley imported by AE

I think
or I may be wrong

Dude I have no idea who he is... Are you having a problem with the Yok oneway? Let me know...
Old 08-10-2003, 01:11 AM   #5751
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to OHBRAD
Default ONE WAYS

OH MY GOD, WHICH IS THIS ONE NOW, IS THIS BETTER THAN THE YOKOMMO ONE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHICH IS THE BEST ONE TO USE, THAT IS STRONG, THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE ME TO ADJUST SHIMS ETC

Last edited by OHBRAD; 08-10-2003 at 06:22 AM.
OHBRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 11:04 AM   #5752
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe
Default Spool

I am getting a TC3, in the mail, and being that they dont make a spool for the car, and a spool is usually the way to go in mod at our track, I was wondering who makes one, besides IRS. I am seen pictures of a custom made steel spool, but I couldnt find out who made it. I know the guy sells it for around 40 bucks or something like that. Also, what about taking an extra steel AE diff and take the balls out and using the sand paper ring trick, like with certain other cars, and locking it down. How does that work(for people who have actually tried it)?
Thanks,
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 12:47 PM   #5753
Tech Fanatic

I don't know if this would work properly, but it seems you could just make a spool by running the front diff without any diff balls, and just tighten the diff a lot so you can't spin it. But I've never tried doing that, so I wouldn't know if it works.
racerdx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2003, 12:59 PM   #5754
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe

yeah, well that is where the sand paper comes into play, you acutally cut sand paper rings, and take the diff rings and diff balls out and tighten it way down, would waste a diff, but might work, hmm think i might try it.
Old 08-10-2003, 03:28 PM   #5755
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TigeRyan

Spend the money and get the IRS spool, it is awesome and works perfectly as do all the Irrgang parts....

http://www.teamirsrc.com/tc3.html

Part No#: IRS159
Old 08-10-2003, 03:41 PM   #5756
Tech Master

spend the money....the custom spool is MORE than the IRS, the irs spool does not work perfectly, cause the you have to get the IRS universals w/pin cusions, because the aluminum is so weak..., a fellow racer ha only had it for two weekend races and it looks all worn out already where the pins from the universals touch it.

Last edited by =MisFitz= NuKe; 08-10-2003 at 04:00 PM.
Old 08-10-2003, 05:16 PM   #5757
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Brad: The link you supplied from Speedtech is the right part... the one at the bottom of the page. DOTMAN is correct that the standard TC3 shims will not fit the YOK HD one-way... but my tranny cases did not need shimming for the one-way to fit right in. I could be wrong on this, but DOTMAN may have "blueprinted" his tranny cases too much, requiring shims. A good friend of mine used the thin black rubber o-rings that go on the top of the shock bodies for shims on the one-way diff... he had dremeled too much material from his tranny cases and needed to shim them alot. It was an effective idea for those that didnt want to buy shims from the LHS. Brad, the best thing i can tell you is to get the one-way so you can have the part in front of you to see what you may or may not have to do, then we can help you from there with more suggestions if need be. But it is a durable and useful tuning tool on many types of tracks. As with anything race oriented, it requires maintenance. Good luck ...
- Dave
Old 08-10-2003, 07:11 PM   #5758
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
..., cause the you have to get the IRS universals w/pin cusions, because the aluminum is so weak...
The pin cushions are all that is required. You can replace the stock pins with the IRS cushions for about $4.00 and 15 minutes worth or work. I would recommend them all around including with the lightweight plastic outdrives.
Dingus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:08 AM   #5759
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Brad, I bought the Warpspeed blueprinted diff cases for my car and there was more side-to-side play in them. Once you get the one-way, drop it in the diff case and check to see how much it will move from side-to-side. If there's very little movement then you don't need to shim it. The shims are just there to adjust the gear mesh. The gears try to push away from each other under load so if there's to much play, you can strip your gears.

Just a comment on the IRS pin cushions and a spool. My advise to anyone running a spool is to buy the Niftech swivels. Spools eat the IRS pin cushions like candy. The swivels last for a long time and are flat so they have a better contact area then the pin cushions which results in less outdrive wear.

My .02
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 11:47 AM   #5760
Tech Rookie

hi, i 'd like to know if the TC3 has certain flaw in its design, because i have heard of all its advantages in racing but i want to hear the truth of its demerits.

thanks
corallyboy is offline   Reply With Quote