R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree4Likes

Old 12-13-2001, 01:11 AM   #556
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by redsand
why would one run the car with a tigher front diff ? wouldn't that cause push ?
Running with a tighter front diff causes a little push (that depends of whay you say about 'push'). The TC3, as all permanent 4WD has a natural tendency to oversteer.

Getting tighter your front diff, helps a lot when you're getting out the hairpins with wide open throtle. I prefeer to run with those adjustment. I've accustomed to this.

Maybe someone says other setups, but this worked for me.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 01:36 AM   #557
Tech Master

Hi guys. Greetings from Malta.

Just to let you know that TC3s still rule in Malta.

Here are the results of the last 2 rounds of the National Championships.

ROUND 9.

Modified T/C. 1st Josh Anastasi. TC3 / Novak / Corally.
2nd Beppe Debono. TC3 / Novak / Trinity.
3rd Hayden Sciberras. TC3 / Novak / Orion.

ROUND 10.

Modified T/C. 1st Josh Anastasi. 2nd Beppe Debono.
Stock T/C. 1st Karl Fenech / TC3

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 02:14 AM   #558
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by johnbull
Just to let you know that TC3s still rule in Malta.
Is good to see this on these days, when the Marketing people says that their car is the 'ultimate driving machine' or 'Competition wouldn't be the same' and messages like this.

The TC3 now is a 'venerable' car of more than 2 years, but stills ruling some competition, as all other cars they have advantages and disadvantages, but a design from 2 years ago (or possibly more time) says us about the quality of the car.

With my TC3 I have an XXX-S, but I prefeer the feelings that give me the Asso car rather than the Losi. Has anyone tested the XXX-S?
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Old 12-14-2001, 03:43 AM   #559
Tech Adept

Corse-r,

Yep, the TC3 must be considered as truely great car. All the other forums on this site for the different manufacturers all look upon the TC3 as the car to beat.

I prefer to race my Yok Special but only because for our conditions the Yok offers more steering and balance in slippery conditions.

The TC3 still comes out of retirement now and again as the acceleration and speed in stock is great.

Yorkie
Yorkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 05:23 AM   #560
Tech Master

Hi guys, greetings from Malta.

The first batch of TC3s that came to Europe arrived in November 99, and my son Josh's car was one of that first batch of 100 cars.

I had ordered it some 6 months previously, having heard rumours about it as early as the 98 Worlds in South Shields, at which Josh was competing with a Schumacher.

He has raced the TC3 continuously since, and I have to say it has cost us very little. It now has all the updates like graphite, plastic diffs, etc but is still basically a very normal TC3. He has tried most of the other cars but still rates the TC3 best.

I myself run an MR4 Special, and have done for the last couple of years. I sell both. We run Novak Cyclone speedos and XXL receivers, Corally motors and cells, and KO Propo servos on all our cars exclusively.

We have two more rounds of the National championships this weekend, and we'll see if Josh can repeat the performance from last week, and the previous meeting, where he won every heat he started.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 08:29 AM   #561
Tech Master

I have replaced every stock part on my tc3 with something aftermarket.

I don't care if the losi is winning all the races now....I will never leave my beloved team assocaited.
Modena AL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 10:45 AM   #562
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's the support we need, since Losi has 85% of all the top drivers right now anyway...heh heh

Good news. The Nitro TC3 is shipping today. I will be going down to the Factory to pick mine up this afternoon when I get off work.

May have to find a place to race this weekend!!!!
CompetitionX.com
R Sector / F1 Paint Labs
TPhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 10:55 AM   #563
Tech Master

Im going to get a NTC3. I work in the hobbystore so I get a PHAT employee discount
Old 12-14-2001, 11:53 AM   #564
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to wolfeman09 Send a message via Yahoo to wolfeman09

TP > Email me about Tomorrow at Revelation.

[email protected]

talk to you soon,
wolfeman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 01:02 PM   #565
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by TPhalen
Good news. The Nitro TC3 is shipping today. I will be going down to the Factory to pick mine up this afternoon when I get off work.
AMEN! This evening I received the notification that the NTC3 arrives next week to Spain. I'm anxious to assemble and bolt an RB who I keep on my workbench.

January: Time to bonk some Serpent drivers heads... hehehe...
Old 12-14-2001, 01:24 PM   #566
Tech Master

for about 5 seconds i thought of getting a serpent over a NTC3 just now, then I just remembered.....belts, duh! NTC3 it is!
Old 12-14-2001, 06:12 PM   #567
Tech Fanatic

Default spur wobble

Anyone notice that the TC3 spurs seem out of round or wobble when you spin them? I tried an aftermarket spur but had the same problem. Now I think it might be the composite spur adapter. Is anyone here using an aluminum adapter? I assume they might be straighter.
coolrcdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 06:22 PM   #568
Tech Master

Your diff case is bored out so the input shaft is allowed to move up and down causing the wobble. When I replaced the case the wobble went away. I don't think its the adabter, but you could try the aluminum. The problem I had with the aluminum adabter was that if i used the modified motor, the spur gear screws would back out and everything would lock up....D'oh!
Old 12-14-2001, 06:22 PM   #569
Tech Adept

Default Spur Adaptor

Some of the composite gear adaptors are slightly warped. I got lucky on the last TC3 and mine was ok. I have a Trinity aluminum spur adaptor and it is perfectly round, heavier than the composite one though.
patcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 11:04 PM   #570
Tech Elite

Default Re: spur wobble

Quote:
Originally posted by coolrcdad
Anyone notice that the TC3 spurs seem out of round or wobble when you spin them?. Is anyone here using an aluminum adapter? I assume they might be straighter.
Yes! some of aftermarket parts AL that I've added to my car are from Trinity one of those is the spur gear adapter, it comes with 6 holes and I installed the spur with 3 screws rather than getting bolted with two of them. Part no. TK 5037

The second piece of Trinity I've in my car is the AL BB holder that supports the rear part of the transmission shaft. Is a part who receives all the stress from the motor. Part no. TK 5038

As you see, I'm not paying much more to 'Big Ernie'.... unless for a pair more of pieces, my TC3 is almost stock (IRS AL input shafts and MIP shock shafts).