R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-20-2003, 12:10 AM   #5566
Tech Apprentice

replied to your pm, just have a look through the last few pages if you want to know more
Trippin Freddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2003, 07:53 PM   #5567
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me if there is a company that makes a steel or titanium locked spool for the TC3, not aluminum. Thank you.
XCELL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 03:41 AM   #5568
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default spool

Quote:
Originally posted by XCELL
Can anyone tell me if there is a company that makes a steel or titanium locked spool for the TC3, not aluminum. Thank you.
rcracingfreak makes customized spool made of industrial grade steel. I wanted those badly but i'm not from the U.S. Maybe you could PM him or email at rcracingfreak@earthlink.net

goodlluck!!
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 11:02 PM   #5569
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

Just to ask this...my tc3 is not that good in handling going corner from right to left...its always overspin when i pull the trigger...BUT NOT when im going left-to-right corner. here i can just pull the trigger and it stuck and drive wonderfully strong too....is my chasis tweak or setup or anything??? or is it due to tc3 motor mount on the right??? help, newbie.
Old 07-21-2003, 11:20 PM   #5570
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by jfc_tech
Just to ask this...my tc3 is not that good in handling going corner from right to left...its always overspin when i pull the trigger...BUT NOT when im going left-to-right corner. here i can just pull the trigger and it stuck and drive wonderfully strong too....is my chasis tweak or setup or anything??? or is it due to tc3 motor mount on the right??? help, newbie.
Hi! Check for the droop measurements of your suspension arms,it should be equal.

And also the rear shocks should be identical to each other, check it for leaks.

also check the tightness of your diff at the rear

do those firts and let us know!_--Peace
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 11:26 AM   #5571
Tech Adept

Does any one know what a stock motor amp draw should
be around in a TC3?
driftmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 03:47 PM   #5572
Tech Addict

Most stock motors draw on average 17.5 amps.
CraigH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 05:24 PM   #5573
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by CraigH
Most stock motors draw on average 17.5 amps.
Thanx for the info Craig.
driftmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 07:52 AM   #5574
Tech Rookie

Default Shock Building

I'm in the process of assembling a new set of threaded shocks and I'm trying to figure out how to get consistent shock builds. I've read the directions in the manual and I've scanned the web. I've seen mention of bleeder caps from Yokomo being used. Is this the best way to go? Which part number from Yokomo is being used? Is there a way to build them without using the bleeder caps and have fairly consistent shock action? Any tips, tricks or hints would be appreciated.

Thanks.
SciFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 09:35 AM   #5575

Quote:
Originally posted by XCELL
You could modify a NTC3 spool; deepen the slots/shorten the outdrive.
OB42TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 01:15 PM   #5576
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If memory serves... YOK YS8Y That "should" be the part number for the Yokomo caps. Are they the best way??? It is a little easier if you have too much oil in the shock but if you don't have enough in there, you still have to take the cap off. Six of one, half dozen the other I guess. I guess the most important thing to have when building shocks is.....patience.
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2003, 03:25 PM   #5577
Tech Regular

Quote:
Your car isn't balanced properly. What you need to do is take the screws that are used for the battery hold down strap (the ones with the little hole going through the head) and remove them from the holddown strap position, and put them in the middle screw hole on your shock tower/dif case. Those holes are perfectly centered on the chassis. Then, take a peice of dental floss and thread it though both holes and secure them by tying a loop.

Put a regular screw back in where the batt. hold strap is, and put in a battery and the strap. Be sure to have everything in the car like when you are going to run it.

Now, you can pick up the car with the dental floss, and watch underneath the chassis as it leans on way or another. Obviously, the side that is lower is heavier, therefore, add weights to the other side.

Also, by lifting up only the rear or the front, you might find that you need to add weight to a corner.

Basically: If you car spins out to the left, and handles good to the right, you need more weight on the LEFT side. Conversely, if it spins out to the right, add weight on the right.

What is happenin is you are getting TOO much roll, ie... too much weight is transfering to the outside, making the inside tires break traction. Then everything goes away.
Pit Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 02:40 AM   #5578
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

thanks lem2 and pitcrew for the answer.
i solved the problem already. i found out that a small pebble got stuck between the arm and chasis. hahahahaha. i id what u said pitcrew, my tc3 is stable left and right(weight that is)...but not with my sanyo 3000 batt. its a bit heavier. but ok
Old 07-25-2003, 12:15 AM   #5579
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Johnnytc3

Can anybody here give some insight on what adding bump steer spacers to the TC3 does?
Johnnytc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2003, 02:47 AM   #5580
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default TC3 Gearing

I just bought a used TC3 and I don't know what spur / pinion combo I should start off with for stock or mod. If I were to use 48 or 64 pitch, where should I begin ? Thx guys for the 411.
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote