R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-22-2001, 07:26 PM   #31
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to TC3Racer

thats actualy a good idea. mine were a pain in the but to put in. i used a rubbermallet to get them in. If it is realy hard to get in, I would use a body reamer or exacto and make the edge of the hole (where it starts) and make it a little bigger. it should help alot. If if it realy doesnt fit u can use a drill bit and bore it out, but i highly recomend not to do this adn would not condone it.
TC3Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2001, 08:25 PM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

I sprayed Teflon and spun the pin in the arm with my dremel. It is extremely smooth, no binding now.
Old 08-22-2001, 08:33 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by ovalnator
Trips, where in NY is Bayside?????
It's in the southeastern part of Queens, not far from the Bronx.

Where is Meridian?

Trips
Old 08-23-2001, 06:23 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ovalnator

Quote:
Originally posted by Trips

It's in the southeastern part of Queens, not far from the Bronx.

Where is Meridian?

Trips
Meridian is about 25-30 miles west of Syracuse.
ovalnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2001, 10:42 PM   #35
Tech Adept

Default ITS RUNNING

Finaly I got my tc3 running. man this thing is fast. It is so fast that it just spins the tires. I love doing doughnuts in my living room.
Old 08-24-2001, 05:42 AM   #36
Tech Elite

Default Re: What about inserts?

Quote:
Originally posted by TurnNBurn
Almost forgot about inserts... I 've been using Jaco Blue. How do you tell if you need to use a harder or softer insert as opposed to changing the tire?
Check this setup with your TC3.

- ProLine 1095 H13 w/ Yokomo ZR37 soft inserts. Soooo smooth.
- ProLine 1095 S3 w/ Yokomo ZR37 med inserts or Jaco Green, blue ones are too hard.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 05:47 AM   #37
Tech Apprentice

I agree that the TC3 is fast even with a stock motor, but I can certainly see I am not going to run my best stockers in it because the motors get SO hot. I will save them for offroad. Any recommendations on gearing for say a Rage or Paradox motor? I am also looking for a good concrete setup. It is concrete similar to sidewalk concrete. Pretty smooth too.
mystererc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 10:23 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by mystererc
I agree that the TC3 is fast even with a stock motor, but I can certainly see I am not going to run my best stockers in it because the motors get SO hot. I will save them for offroad. Any recommendations on gearing for say a Rage or Paradox motor? I am also looking for a good concrete setup. It is concrete similar to sidewalk concrete. Pretty smooth too.
Ummm, I cannot help you with the stock motor gearing, I race modified only. It's normal for motors to get so hot in the TC3 (I'm racing with my TC3 two years in a row) and I consider normal the temperature, you can lower a little this temp using the optional AE3928 long heatsink (supposing that you're using the stock black endbell) or the short if you're using the optional blue.

Personally I prefeer to use the black one (remember, the black absorbs more heat than the blue).
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Old 08-24-2001, 11:35 AM   #39
Tech Regular

Default Thanks Corse, but...

What I was trying to ask was... If I know that tire "A" is the hot ticket for a particular track, what do I look for to determine if I need a harder or softer insert to go with it? Does surface play a role? If I just go with what everyone else uses for an insert, how do I know that maybe there isn't a better insert out there to try?

BTW, about the black heatsink... no wonder Mark Pavidis' winning car had the black heatsink on it... interesting!

Last edited by TurnNBurn; 08-24-2001 at 11:38 AM.
TurnNBurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 12:10 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Default Re: Thanks Corse, but...

Quote:
What I was trying to ask was... If I know that tire "A" is the hot ticket for a particular track, what do I look for to determine if I need a harder or softer insert to go with it? Does surface play a role? If I just go with what everyone else uses for an insert, how do I know that maybe there isn't a better insert out there to try?

BTW, about the black heatsink... no wonder Mark Pavidis' winning car had the black heatsink on it... interesting!
This is one of the biggest voodoo's in the touring scene. But simplifying the choose of the insert should be done after answering these questions?

- I have enough traction / I have enough tyre lasting?

NO/YES -> Choose a softer insert
NO/NO -> Choose other suspension settings (maybe, try to softer the suspension to get some chassis roll and get a little more traction).

- I don't have enough traction / my track is bumpy:

YES/YES -> Choose a softer suspension and a softer insert
NO/NO -> Choose a softer insert and raise your chasis (more chassis roll).

In few words: You want more traction, get a softer insert, your tyres last shorter but you have more grip.

If tyre lasting is a problem, try the chassis roll trick.

This is my setup for asphalt.

Front:
Cooper/Red spring/60wt/ piston #2
1 of toe-in in the steering
0 kickup
2 Caster blocks
0 Camber.

Rear:
Blue/silver spring/50wt/piston #2
2 of toe in (by the rear a-arm plate marked by 2-0)
1 Camber

ProLine 1095S3 w/ Yokomo ZR37 inserts

Beware, the car with this setup is pretty fast, but the rear is a little itchy and sometimes breaks loose, but in fact, is very speedier.

If the car is too nervous, you can try to soften the suspension and switching to the 4 degree caster blocks.

Last edited by Corse-R; 08-24-2001 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-24-2001, 12:18 PM   #41
Tech Elite

Default Re: Thanks Corse, but...

Quote:
Yes, I have a TC3 FT and the unique problem is: Sooo much blue AL... sheeesh! I switched to the black unit, is better and, because weight is not a concern...
Old 08-24-2001, 09:03 PM   #42
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to porkybmx

hey guys, i don't have a tc3, but a cool idea for you guys if you guys haven't pondered about already.....the nitro tc3 utilizes pivot-ball suspension. wouldn't be cool to try to modify them to fit your electric tc3? hehehe. then the tc3 would be the ultimate shaft drive car.
porkybmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 09:20 PM   #43
Tech Initiate

Hi everyone, my TC3 has been acting really strange lately. Everything is OK when the front wheels are straight, but when they turn and i put on gas, the front wheels would start shaking and making noises? i can't seem to figure out what the problem is... any help would be great! thanks!
petersiu007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2001, 09:40 PM   #44
Tech Adept

peter make shure that all the capacitors and doides are in place. It sounds like motor interferacne.
Old 08-25-2001, 01:45 AM   #45
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by porkybmx
hey guys, i don't have a tc3, but a cool idea for you guys if you guys haven't pondered about already.....the nitro tc3 utilizes pivot-ball suspension. wouldn't be cool to try to modify them to fit your electric tc3? hehehe. then the tc3 would be the ultimate shaft drive car.
I don't have so much info about TC3-Gas, but I suspect it should be in 200mm width, to compete with the other gas cars (yokomo, mugen, serpent....).