12-06-2002, 07:02 PM
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Greeley, CO
OK, I have read through this entire thread and the one on RadioControlZone about what I should do while building my new FT TC3. So far, this is what I should do to make the most of it, correct?
1. Remove one seal on all drivetrain bearings and degrease them.
2. Trim part of the motor cam so it doesn't hit the chassis.
3. Remove some material where the diff bearings sit to reduce friction.
4. No shims on the plastic diff, and only 2 shims on the shaft.
5. Check for counter-sinking on the bottom of the car.
6. Sand diff rings. (I found this on the IRS website)
7. Polish my ballstuds and hingepins.
8. Pre-tap plastic and graphite parts, and put grease on aluminum screws.
9. Buy BRP bumpers, RPM ballcups, and a machined spur gear.
10. Put marks on the shock collars to see how many times you've turned it.
Does anyone object to this list, or is it generally right?